SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 22 of 28 < 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 27 28 >
Topic Options
#284955 - 04/15/10 06:35 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Tonewheeldude:
But the Audya provides a nice alternative in the absence of said guitarist.

No, Audya would be more likely an alternative to two guitarists...one who couldn't play complex chords, and another who helped out by filling in the notes.

Ian

#284956 - 04/15/10 07:06 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tonewheeldude:
keyboard players tend not to worry about which inversions are playable on a guitar when they play the keyboard and normally stick in the same octave range for most chords as you probably know.

I like to start a tune with guitar (in the style) only...run these chords, for example...C...Cmaj7th/B...Am...Am7th/G...F...Fmaj7th/E...Dm...Dm7th/C...etc.

Can the Audya play these chords using only the audio guitar track, and have the audio guitars play the inversions with the proper bass note?

As I said, quite a few tunes start with guitar only...an arranger being able to read inversions using/playing the guitars only, would only be doing a normal task.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 04-15-2010).]

#284957 - 04/15/10 10:13 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack...

You see now why all I want is two friggin' AUDIO examples?

You are going round in the same ever tighter spiral til you all disappear up your own poopchutes that this thread STARTED on..!

I DON'T CARE what you THINK about either of the guitar systems. ANY OF YOU...

I just want to hear them naked, back to back, and make my own bloody mind up.

Can't SOMEONE get of their bloody high horses and just provide something other than yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack...?

#284958 - 04/15/10 11:43 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack...

Can't SOMEONE get of their bloody high horses and just provide something other than yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack, yack...?

I dont know Diki...after reading that little gem, you appear to be the king of "yack"...you should cut yourself a little yack...er....flack...ahhh...slack; yeah, that's it, slack...cut yourself a little slack, or you're goin' to be back on your back with a smack and end up hurtin' yourself again.

The corollary being, "Step back; don't yack, cut yourself some slack, and don't talk back with your yackity yack."

It's no wonder I love this place.

#284959 - 04/16/10 02:36 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
I like to start a tune with guitar (in the style) only...run these chords, for example...C...Cmaj7th/B...Am...Am7th/G...F...Fmaj7th/E...Dm...Dm7th/C...etc.

Can the Audya play these chords using only the audio guitar track, and have the audio guitars play the inversions with the proper bass note?

As I said, quite a few tunes start with guitar only...an arranger being able to read inversions using/playing the guitars only, would only be doing a normal task.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 04-15-2010).]

Can the Yamaha PSR s910 play those chords?
It is very easy to say "yes" but can you "show" yes?

At least with the Audya we have a demo that demonstrates that the Audya can play those chords whether or not some members choose to hear it.

If on the Audya demo the guitar tracks with all the other parts sounds great, why do you think it will sound so different with just the guitar track alone?

And, if you think it will sound different then lets hear the same for the Yamaha. Because right now, for this discussion on this forum, we don’t have proof that the Yamaha can do the things you are asking if the Audya can do.
All we have is your word that the Yamaha can do it which is as good as Diki’s word that the MS is the best arranger on the market.

#284960 - 04/16/10 03:00 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
Can the Yamaha PSR s910 play those chords?
It is very easy to say "yes" but can you "show" yes?
If on the Audya demo the guitar tracks with all the other parts sounds great, why do you think it will sound so different with just the guitar track alone?
And, if you think it will sound different then lets hear the same for the Yamaha.

I've already uploaded a song, way back in the jam sessions, that shows the Yamaha can play complex chords without needing the assistance of another guitar.

I believe the Audya will sound different with the guitar tracks alone because that's the only way you can hear them plainly...and, as I said, many tunes start with just guitar.

The thread is about the Audya (see the title).

I'd also like to hear it play chords like these, for example: C...Cmaj7th/B...Am...Am7th/G...F...Fmaj7th/E...Dm...Dm7th/C...using ONLY guitar tracks.

But, as I said in an earlier post, I don't expect anyone to upload an example like that...why would they?

If you have played a PSR-S910, a Tyros3, a Tyros2, a Tyros, a PSR-S900, a PSR-3000, you will have had the opportunity to see/hear the Yamaha mega guitars play complex inversions and chords without a hitch...surely you can find one of those instruments, and prove it to yourself....that's the best way, and a way you've always been crying for everyone to use....so take your own advice.

Ian

#284961 - 04/16/10 03:24 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
I've already uploaded a song, way back in the jam sessions, that shows the Yamaha can play complex chords without needing the assistance of another guitar.

I believe the Audya will sound different with the guitar tracks alone because that's the only way you can hear them plainly...and, as I said, many tunes start with just guitar.

The thread is about the Audya (see the title).

I'd also like to hear it play chords like these, for example: C...Cmaj7th/B...Am...Am7th/G...F...Fmaj7th/E...Dm...Dm7th/C...using ONLY guitar tracks.

But, as I said in an earlier post, I don't expect anyone to upload an example like that...why would they?

If you have played a PSR-S910, a Tyros3, a Tyros2, a Tyros, a PSR-S900, a PSR-3000, you will have had the opportunity to see/hear the Yamaha mega guitars play complex inversions and chords without a hitch...surely you can find one of those instruments, and prove it to yourself....that's the best way, and a way you've always been crying for everyone to use....so take your own advice.

Ian

But did you play the Yamaha with just the guitar track alone? And yes this is about the Audya but you are the one talking about how great Yamaha is and how it can play complex chords but can not provide proof of it. Yes as you pointed out it is always best to try an instrument out for yourself. So why don’t you do the same for the Audya.

The fact is you (as a Yamaha rep) kept harping that the Yamaha is better at playing complex chord than the Audya. And you are doing that in an Audya thread. Some one has proven you wrong by putting up a demo that shows that complex chords can be played seamlessly on the Audya. You say no and that you want to hear the guitar by themselves and that the Yamaha could do it much better. You are unwilling to prove the point that the Yamaha could do it better but still are requesting that someone put up another Audya demo with just the guitar part.

If I wanted to hear how the strings section of a style sound by them selves, for something as nitpicky as that, I would go and see the keyboard in a store.
But I could understand your position that since you don’t have any intention to get an Audya, and since it is easy to say words to put down your competition, putting your self out to play the keyboard is not an option.

#284962 - 04/16/10 04:00 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
But did you play the Yamaha with just the guitar track alone? And yes this is about the Audya but you are the one talking about how great Yamaha is and how it can play complex chords but can not provide proof of it. Yes as you pointed out it is always best to try an instrument out for yourself. So why don’t you do the same for the Audya.

The fact is you (as a Yamaha rep) kept harping that the Yamaha is better at playing complex chord than the Audya.

Yes, the guitar parts were exposed (soloed) in the first verse.

I did provide proof of it...at the time, it wasn't why I uploaded the song, it was just a casual jam session, and several listeners commented favorably on the guitar parts.

I am not a Yamaha rep...I am a clinician....I am no more a rep than you are.

I am not "harping" about how well the Yamaha does the chords...I was interested in how the Audya plays complex chords and inversions using the audio guitars...that's all...my questions weren't answered to my satisfaction. I mentioned the Yamaha handled the chords with no issues...I certainly didn't need to, or did I ever, "harp" about them....I was more interested in the Audya.

So, I have nothing to prove, especially since my my queries have not been met to my satisfaction.

I would suggest trying an S910 or T3 for yourself.

I'd love to actually play an Audya...I'd finally get to hear how it plays the guitar parts, but the dealers in my area wouldn't bring in an instrument like the Audya...too risky, according to them.

So, I don't have luxury of playing one, and must depend on on-line demos....have you played an Audya?

Certainly one of the Yamaha above is within your area...go try one, especially a T3 or an S910, and put it to the test...your test.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 04-16-2010).]

#284963 - 04/16/10 06:30 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
The yack yack yack is becoming a yuck yuck yuck.. I may be a crack, but I am not a chuck.

#284964 - 04/16/10 06:34 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Can we start another thread ? I'm having a tough time deciding who is right and who is right.

Page 22 of 28 < 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 27 28 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online