SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 10 of 28 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 27 28 >
Topic Options
#284835 - 04/07/10 02:09 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Here are some demos of the Ketron audya and the tyros 3. I'm sure what version of the audya but it's sure not v.1

Audya http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tECgWVgVA8U

Tyros 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MRVXJxq02g&feature=related

Audya http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwoB5vqEsZQ

Tyros 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM6l6hUfW7A

#284836 - 04/07/10 02:20 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
mc Offline

#284837 - 04/07/10 02:27 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
You know, to be fair, I have YET to hear Yamaha's new NTT's soloed. Nothing up at their sites AFAIK. So we only have Ian's OPINION how good they are.

Don't be so lazy Diki...you're getting nearly as bad as me.

If you wanted to hear the new NTT in the T3 or S910, you could easily spend some time with either one at your local music store.

That way you could spend hours just basking in pure guitar realism.

Now, the Audya, is a different beast...you haven't played one, and may never get the chance...neither will I (my gast has never been so flabbered)...it is truly a Yeti, and darn near shrouded in as much mystery, but Mr. Wheel has one, and I was hoping to hear the guitar tracks exposed in all their splendor, or lack thereof...I just want to hear the mixture of the midi and audio guitars....just like you do...the old demos were removed, and I thought we might be lucky enough to hear some new ones, perhaps even better recorded than the last.

Jeez, I though for sure you were going to buy an S910...great little 'board, new GTT mode (oh wait, you know about that already)...be a nice addition to your brace of Roland G-70's...even has some incredibly wicked synth sounds right from the Motif...plus the usual smattering of SA and Mega voices to perk up your perky.

Well under $2000...see your Yamaha dealer immediately if not sooner...they're going fast.

Ian

Or wait for the Audya OS:672...it should be finished right before you end up in a nursing home...you'd be a hit!

#284838 - 04/07/10 03:19 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
mc Offline

Ian, I posted some demos from youtube so you can hear the audya, the video quality isn't the best, but its good enough to hear the differances.

#284839 - 04/07/10 03:54 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
yes MC both instruments sound great but the live drums and bass to my ears won the day in terms of the styles for the ketron. But i think the yamaha lead voices were better especially that classical guitar. I also think that the yamahas can make the drums stand ouit more in the mix which would make a lot of difference. In all the ketron demos the drums and bass literally dominate all the styles which is not necessarily a good thing.

But i like what i hear so far.

#284840 - 04/07/10 03:55 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
Ian, I posted some demos from youtube so you can hear the audya, the video quality isn't the best, but its good enough to hear the differances.

Thanks MC...much appreciated...I already have heard the Audya playing simple chords...it sounds very good.

I was more curious about how the Audio and Midi guitars blended when playing the more complex chords that the audio guitars weren't able to cover on their own.

We can really only hear this when all of the style parts, except the guitars have been muted.

Thanks again,

Ian

#284841 - 04/08/10 05:06 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
DannyUK Offline

Thanks for posting those demo's mc.

I liked what I heard but it just seemed to me the Yamaha had a slightly fuller sound but the Ketron definately showed off how great the drums sound and is clearly very dominant in this area, maybe a bit too in your face though. Do they need to be so over complex? Maybe they do, definately for Latin & Rock music.

There was a midifile demo of Sway not so long ago comparing Audya, T3 and PA2x and I felt the same then as well. They are really different beasts and that's a good thing, but I still think the T3 has a slightly fuller, sweeter and punchy sound (but that's only hearing the demo's).

Another thing, the Audya's guitar is very expressive and you can clearly hear how dominant it is too, however, what about if you don't like that guitar sound as I don't? Could I change it if I wanted to?

#284842 - 04/08/10 06:51 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
leezone Offline

mc,

thanks for those Demos and reminding me how BAD the T3 drums are when comparing to AUDYA

really, it's like night and day

#284843 - 04/08/10 06:53 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
leezone Offline

mc,

also thanks for giving me another reason to LOVE the AUDYA even more

#284844 - 04/08/10 07:01 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Holy Crap is this thread still going on.

Page 10 of 28 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 27 28 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online