SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 28 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 27 28 >
Topic Options
#284815 - 04/07/10 07:43 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
leezone Offline

tonewhell,

thanks for taking the time
sounds great

can't wait to get my AUDYA4

#284816 - 04/07/10 07:55 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
Tonewheeldude Offline

Ian - i replied to your post in the other thread. And leezone; I know you are going to love the Audya4!

#284817 - 04/07/10 08:03 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Sorry, I can't hear them on their own...what if someone wanted to do the first verse of a song using only guitar parts of the style...or even have everything drop out for the last verse?

It might be okay for "live" play on stage, but when recording, the midi guitar parts may be more obvious.

Post your recordings here...there's no need of starting another thread.

I'm fussy about details....and considering the Audya's high price, I'm sure that's not being unrealistic.

Ian

#284818 - 04/07/10 08:21 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
Tonewheeldude Offline

there is of course only one thing better than the Audya with Live guitar strumming in the style!

That would be an Audya with a live guitarist (preferably female, 27...nice legs) sitting next to you.

Most people dont buy the audya only to be solo guitar strumming, they buy it to have a realistic strumming guitarist in their "virtual band". And honestly speaking it is just like having a guitarist and drummer with you...takes me back to my time with Hammond.

For a professional studio recording most would want to use an actual guitarist, but for anyone who uses an arranger - this is definately the next best thing.

#284819 - 04/07/10 08:31 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Yamaha styles are all midi based, which means it is a lot easier to balance styles via the computer.

Yamaha is also making a keyboard from it's previous product line, which is easier to manufacturer.

Audya is just a different product from all others. Balancing audio loops with midi is trickier than all computer generated styles.

As Diki said in this thread and I said over a year ago, sonically you can not beat the realism of a audio loop vs a computer generated style.

#284820 - 04/07/10 08:35 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
TWD, only a couple of us here that play organ exclusively (on the gig). With your extensive knowledge and experence with the Hammond organ, I'd love to hear some of your (non-arranger) organ music. Except for me and Robert from Germany (who plays non-Hammond pop and theatre organ), hardly anyone ever posts any good ol' B3 offerings. How about it? I'm ......fascinated by the depth of your admiration for the Audya, as most organist and pianist aren't usually blown away by ANY arranger keyboard. Anyhow, just anything that you think represents your taste in music and playing style. Thanks.

BTW, have heard both Ian and Diki play, I have great respect for their musical opinions.

chas

PS: excuse the hijack.

#284821 - 04/07/10 08:51 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:
Balancing audio loops with midi is trickier than all computer generated styles.

As Diki said in this thread and I said over a year ago, sonically you can not beat the realism of a audio loop vs a computer generated style.

Yes Dan no doubt the future may lie in audio based accompaniments, but the balancing issues could be a problem for the average user when creating/editing a style.

Ian

#284822 - 04/07/10 09:37 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
"That's your Audya customer I suppose....it doesn't appear to be geared for Jazz or Latin....might work well with most Rock, Rock and Roll and Country...that's probably why DonM likes it so much."

I do all kinds of music including standards, latin and some jazz. There are thousands of songs in my repertoire, many of which have intricate chords. The Audya chord recognition has never been a problem in live use and you can nitpick it all you want and that won't change.
As a matter of fact the Audya is particularly strong in Latin styles. I don't do that many, but I do play the ones popular in the U.S., including Ipanema, You Belong To My Heart, Besame Mucho, Spanish Eyes and many more.
What I don't understand is that if you never plan to buy an Audya and never expect to play or even see one, why you are trying to resurrect a year-old post that was designed to isolate a situation and expose a weakness that does not affect you in any way, except perhaps cut into Yamaha sales, and that should not be a consideration considering the relative volume of sales of the two companies.
You refuse to accept the opinions and statements of those of us who are using the Audya every night in real situations, so I will respectfully bow out of this discussion and enjoy my Audya.
Ian I have always respected your abilities and opinions, and continue to do so, but we will have to agree to disagree on this subject.
DonM

#284823 - 04/07/10 09:44 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
Tonewheeldude Offline

I have really enjoyed today being stuck at home and learned quite a bit about the Audya too. I think the year old thread is well and truly put to bed.

Still waiting to give away the 100 points here though:
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum22/HTML/001396.html

#284824 - 04/07/10 09:48 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
[BWhat I don't understand is that if you never plan to buy an Audya and never expect to play or even see one, why you are trying to resurrect a year-old post that was designed to isolate a situation and expose a weakness that does not affect you in any way, except perhaps cut into Yamaha sales, and that should not be a consideration considering the relative volume of sales of the two companies.
DonM [/B]

I don't plan on buying a Ferrari, but I will discuss them and read about them...I don't plan on getting a Korg, but I like to discuss them.

I'm sorry if my posts on the Audya hit a sore spot with you Don...but, I was under the impression this was a discussion group about arrangers...all I'm doing is discussing.

I wasn't the only one resurrecting details about the Audya, nor am I the only one not going to buy one, but, I seem to be the only target of your ire all the same.

Respectfully,

Ian

Page 8 of 28 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 27 28 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online