SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 27 28 >
Topic Options
#284775 - 04/06/10 04:52 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
I don't buy ANYTHING without my eyes wide open, Ian...

If I ever got one, it would be with the assumption that I was getting what I was getting. Largely a 'preset' arranger, at least as far as the rhythm section was concerned.

But it's HARDLY a two trick pony. One thing we ALL ought to be asking of our own arranger makers in the same tone that you use for 'why did they skimp on the guitar chords?' (and I've already posted at length that I think that is simply an issue of technology hasn't caught up to their vision, rather than any 'skimping' on Ketron's part) is 'why just ONE Break/fill?'... Ketron provide one per Variation, a FAR more musical approach to the task.

'Why no real arpeggiator?' They are quite different to pattern playback based on NTT's, and essential to many older forms of music (all the way back to Kraftwerk and before) not just modern stuff.

Why no 'Riff' feature (or whatever Ketron are going to turn Riff into)? Surely SOME of us can play a solo using two hands? Even if one is just for the bender? And some of us play sax, trombone, guitar, etc.. Be nice if we didn't HAVE to use an SMF just to take a solo...

There's MUCH about the Audya we ought to be looking at with VERY jealous eyes, IMO, Ian. It's not JUST a drum loop playback tool, you know...

#284776 - 04/06/10 04:56 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by SemiLiveMusic:

EDIT: I thought I would add a gripe. I don't know if it is my limited knowledge or what, but the Audya, I hear odd chord voicings. I have tried to fix this, and maybe it's just me, but it keeps happening. I don't like that.

It is more than likely the guitar track's mismatching of audio and midi guitar parts.

The audio guitars in the style will only read so many types of chords...mainly simpler ones.

When you play a more complex chord, the Audya adds those extra notes to the audio guitar part via midi guitar sounds.

So it's not really a fault...that's just the way it was designed.

Ian

#284777 - 04/06/10 05:11 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

If I ever got one, it would be with the assumption that I was getting what I was getting. Largely a 'preset' arranger, at least as far as the rhythm section was concerned.

'why did they skimp on the guitar chords?' (and I've already posted at length that I think that is simply an issue of technology hasn't caught up to their vision, rather than any 'skimping' on Ketron's part) is 'why just ONE Break/fill?'... Ketron provide one per Variation, a FAR more musical approach to the task.

That's a lot of money for an instrument with "preset rhythms" especially since they are it's biggest feature...but, it's your money.

I would not buy an instrument I couldn't customize to my own preferences, and if I was more into doing dance music, the rhythm section would have to be more than just preset.

"Technology not catching up on their vision" is really no reason to release an instrument with an audio guitar in the accompaniment (a selling feature, no less) that won't play complex chords without having to add midi notes.

Like I said, it appears they ran out of development dollars and were forced into releasing it the way it was.

Hopefully, they can develop this drawback with OS upgrades...but, somehow, I don't think it will ever be corrected.

Ian

#284778 - 04/06/10 05:28 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
Tonewheeldude Offline

Ian, with the greatest respect, untill you play the keyboard for yourself you are not qualified to say anything starts in s and ends in t.

#284779 - 04/06/10 05:52 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tonewheeldude:
Ian, with the greatest respect, untill you play the keyboard for yourself you are not qualified to say anything starts in s and ends in t.

Sorry pal...I'm qualified because I say so, not because you seem to think I need your permission.

Your need to defend the Audya is understandable, and even commendable, considering your connections to it.

My opinions remain as stated earlier, and I really don't give a soot if you think they are qualified or not.

Ian

#284780 - 04/06/10 06:00 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:

My opinions remain as stated earlier, and I really don't give a soot if you think they are qualified or not.

Ian

#284781 - 04/06/10 07:14 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
zuki Offline

Mine (PA800) is better than yours and yours and yours.......

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#284782 - 04/06/10 07:30 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:

Hey Jim...good to see ya.

You obviously are still enjoying the PA-800...weren't you considering a PA2XPro as well?

Ian

#284783 - 04/06/10 07:32 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
No mine (PA500 Musikant)is better then yours

#284784 - 04/06/10 07:50 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:

Actually Jim, this is not the usual "mine is better than yours" thread...it's more of a "yours is not as good as mine" thread.

We've got past that same old soot.

Ian

Page 4 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 27 28 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online