SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 28 of 28 < 1 2 26 27 28
Topic Options
#285015 - 04/17/10 04:56 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
leezone Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tonewheeldude:
And if its still too much when your playing a Ketron, then just turn them down, every Ketron keyboard ever made has quick access volume controls.

agree, agree, agree,

TOO loud? put your hands on the fader and lower,

but this is hard for some people to comprehend

and Danny,
not bashing Yamaha,
it's just MY OPINION,
i hate Yamaha drums
you may love them

for ME, for MY music,
hands down AUDYA

#285016 - 04/17/10 08:59 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
Dnj Offline

I stand by my opinion on Ketron Drums, Yes I have performed on stage with many Ketron models, & yes I have top quality speakers, PA, and monitors...to each his own. Sound engineer means nothing to me....after 40 years performing the only thing I trust is MY EARS!

enjoy

#285017 - 04/17/10 10:44 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
Ian,

i've tried the Tyros3, heard it, played it
and honestly think the drums suck, bad...
sound thin, plastic-like, hated it
EXCEPT for some mega voices, SA guitars, etc,
so i'ts ONLY the right hand i liked (solo voices),

all else leaves MUCH to be desired on the Tyors3 including the styles.

for ME,
AUDYA by a long mile

Of course, this is your opinion, and I respect it, and perhaps it is because English is not your first language, that you find it difficult to use less brutal words?

I'm almost beginning to grasp your zealousness and blind faith in the instrument (on one playing experience), Lee...it is rather good, especially the drums and bass, and, at it's present selling price, I'm sure you feel it's a bargain for what it does, and how it will improve your sound.

I can also understand Mr. Tonewheeldude's ebullience for the Audya, as I believe he is in retail, and sells these things...hence all the Ketron support...they obviously need it, considering all the operating system issues.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 04-18-2010).]

#285018 - 04/18/10 03:32 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
Tonewheeldude Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
I stand by my opinion on Ketron Drums, Yes I have performed on stage with many Ketron models, & yes I have top quality speakers, PA, and monitors...to each his own. Sound engineer means nothing to me....after 40 years performing the only thing I trust is MY EARS!

enjoy

Thats ok, much depends on your playing style. But also our ears become adjusted to the things we know. Its why so many people can stand stuff like the B4, Oberheim and other Hammond Clones.

I once spent a whole day with a well known keyboard player adjusting a Hammond XK3 to get it sounding as he thought it should. He finally decided to buy it and brought his Korg CX3 in to part exchange. to his dismay we had made the XK3 sound exactly like his CX3. He was so shocked that his 'benchmark' had shifted so far away from a real Hammond that he reset the organ and played it as it came from the factory.

Page 28 of 28 < 1 2 26 27 28

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online