SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 26 of 28 < 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 >
Topic Options
#284995 - 04/16/10 01:19 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:

just looking to step up my overall sound,
give it some "liveliness", improve it,

so i don't sound like EVERY other duo/band out there

The trick to not sound like every other single, duo or trio out there, is to make/edit/assemble your own styles, and either play them as is, or use them to make your own SMF of the songs you do.

It's one step further than just using an Internet acquired SMF that everybody has, and it is also is a lot of fun as well, helping you get to know your instrument much better.

Just using another keyboard to play SMF will not put you that far ahead...you may sound more "live" than others, but you won't sound a whole lot different.

Do you primarily use styles or SMF? What percentage of each?

Ian

#284996 - 04/16/10 01:19 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
i'm using both a G-70 and a XD3. mostly XD3 now

my gear serves me quite well now and has for many years,

just looking to step up my overall sound,
give it some "liveliness", improve it,

so i don't sound like EVERY other duo/band out there

Well then... if I were you I'd be jumping all over the Tyros 3 utilizing all the fantastic SA & Mega features that are pretty much unmatched when played properly....but good luck with your journey to the land of the "PERFECT" arranger KB.

d.

#284997 - 04/16/10 02:18 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
Tonewheeldude Offline

on version 4 you can swap out the midi drums of an smf file with the live drums. basically you select a live drum style thats similar, play the midi file and record the live drums in real time using fills, breaks arranger parts etc. you can even do the same with the guitars. once you have finished just resave...job done...live sounding midifiles.

#284998 - 04/16/10 03:03 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
leezone Offline

Ian,

when i said: give it some "liveliness",
i meant with AUDYA's kick @ss bass & drums,

Dnj,
i've tried the Tyros3, heard it, played it
and honestly think the drums suck, bad...
sound thin, plastic-like, hated it
EXCEPT for some mega voices, SA guitars, etc,
so i'ts ONLY the right hand i liked (solo voices),

all else leaves MUCH to be desired on the Tyors3 including the styles.

for ME,
AUDYA by a long mile

[This message has been edited by leezone (edited 04-16-2010).] spelling mistakes :-)

[This message has been edited by leezone (edited 04-16-2010).]

#284999 - 04/16/10 03:52 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:

Ian,

when i said: give it some "liveliness",
i meant with AUDYA's kick @ss bass & drums,

for ME,
AUDYA by a long mile

Yes, good drums and bass can certainly give you a more "live" sound...I guess I was thinking that you wanted to sound "different" from other duos etc...the only thing, in my opinion, that will do that successfully is to use your own arrangements for the tunes...varying enough so that you have your own stamp on them, but, still retaining a certain amount of the original...enough that still makes it instantly recognizable or perhaps, even coming as a surprise to listener.

I suppose I'm suggesting more "individuality"...hotter bass and drums, will only do so much...the rest will rely on the player's (or programmer's) creativity.

I sure hope whatever Audya you get, in any of it's forms, does not turn out a disappointment to you, as you will have a long walk back on the yellow brick road you've been paving over the last few months.

The Tyros3 has it's own unique following, and those who buy and use it, certainly will not agree with your assessment and borderline bashing of the product...it tells me a lot about you, and your hope that the Audya will somehow magically make your act/show a lot better...I think you shouldn't depend on any instrument to do that, but rather work on your presentation/arrangements etc...but that's just my opinion.

Will you be uploading a demo or two? Perhaps, if you are reticent about posting on the forum, you could send me a bit of your work via private message....maybe something done with the G-70 and the Ketron you have now, and something done with the Audya...I'd like to hear the dramatic improvements, you seem to be so sure, the Audya will bring.

Ian

#285000 - 04/17/10 10:21 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
to the genesys Offline

Thanks you two for demonstrating your respective instruments.
Both of the demos sounded really good.
It is clear that both instruments can make a person sound good.
One of the main differences in the price difference is the ability to make the instrument your own.

Microsoft works and Microsoft Word can both provide a way for you to type documents but there is a price difference between them because there is a feature difference between them.

#285001 - 04/17/10 10:52 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Thank you for taking the time to show us all the each keyboard.

I found the audya guitars much more lively, authentic and fuller. The Yamaha sound also good. But it lacks that realism and they are definitely compressed compared to the Ketron. Now hearing them side by side you can really hear the difference in a midi based guitar like Yamaha and audio guitars in the audya. I’m sorry but I’m not convinced that the Yamaha sounds anywhere near as good as the audya, but JMO!

#285002 - 04/17/10 12:00 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mc:

I found the audya guitars much more lively, authentic and fuller. The Yamaha sound also good. But it lacks that realism and they are definitely compressed compared to the Ketron. !

I agree, mc, the Audya does sound more lively, or "live"...of course we are comparing an mid-range arranger to a high arranger that costs nearly three times as much.

Some people, myself included, like Yamaha's compressed and balanced sound, just as much as those who appreciate the Audya's "live" sound.

I can tell you fall in the latter category, but you've always been a fan of the Audya since it's inception.

It is definitely the most "live" sounding arranger today.

Do you have one already, or are you planning on getting one when they have the operating system upgrades sorted and/or completed?

Ian

#285003 - 04/17/10 12:53 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
DannyUK Offline

Quote:

i've tried the Tyros3, heard it, played it
and honestly think the drums suck, bad...
sound thin, plastic-like, hated it
EXCEPT for some mega voices, SA guitars, etc,
so i'ts ONLY the right hand i liked (solo voices),

all else leaves MUCH to be desired on the Tyors3 including the styles.

That's probably the most biased and unrealistic bit of trash I've ever had to read on this forum, are you serious? How on earth you can dismiss the styles of the Yamaha when most of them are better arranged than the Audya's?? I know you are clearly an Audya fanboy and that nothing is going to change your mind because you are totally obsessed with something in your mind and it has completely placed you in a cocoon.

I am sure you are a really nice chap in reality, but I have to admit I am getting a little irriated reading your comments regarding the T3 because all I have seen from you are ignorant, illinformed, destructive and biased opinions completely dismissing the Tyros in virtually every category.

There is nothing wrong with the drums of the Yamaha, they are excellent, there is nothing wrong with anything of the Yamaha. In actual fact, before I bought the Tyros, I very interested in buying an Audya and I based my final choice after hearing the styles very closely and I think as much as the Audya styles are excellent, the Tyros seems to have a better range and are more modern/playable. Every intro I hear on the Tyros makes me think of a song, I don't get that with Audya.

I've never said anything derogatory regarding the Audya, I've heaped nothing but praise for it. I expect the same kind of responses for all keyboards because they are all excellent if there should be any criticisms voiced then I welcome any comments that contain a logical and constructive view, and from what I've seen of all your comments Lee it reminds me of when I was at school.

I'm sorry if my post sounds harsh but I think it needed to be said.

Danny.

Just to add, I am not picking on you Lee, but I have really enjoyed everybody elses observations because each other person has provided an interesting view and very logical. All you see to do is provide an emotive and biased opinion, non constructive, that is why I haven't been able to take you seriously.

[This message has been edited by DannyUK (edited 04-17-2010).]

#285004 - 04/17/10 01:03 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
mc Offline

Loc: New York
You started this thread and now your upset at the outcome. As you stated: "Well I think I am going to open a can of worms maybe, so be it."

I owned a Yamaha s900 for a few years and I had a real issue with the drums. I bought a s910 tried and returned it. Same issue, the drums.

To each it own, so be it!

Page 26 of 28 < 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online