SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#284677 - 04/06/10 02:02 PM Re: Robert Messier ROCKIN...AUDYA
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
That's the problem with being so far away from one to try for any length of time. POSSIBLY I might be able to use styles already aboard for some songs, etc., but I'll never know from a simple style list. And I'm not brave enough to buy one on spec, even at a reasonable price.

Personally, I think that Ketron have missed a great opportunity. By going high price, low volume, they have essentially relegated the Audya to Wersi-like unavailability (and look at what happened to THEM), whereas, if they slashed their margins and dropped the price to something closer to what most of us ARE willing to pay (probably sub-$3500 in the US, street), I can't honestly think of a single person looking at a new arranger NOT wanting one. And 100% of the market, even at a low margin is better than 1% of the market with a high markup.

Ask Wersi...

#284678 - 04/06/10 02:02 PM Re: Robert Messier ROCKIN...AUDYA
leezone Offline

i don't play too much American,
but as far as Latin, Portuguese, Brasilian go...

creating just 1 style allows me to play MANY songs using the same 1 style,

so perhaps if we can get Ketron to create 10 "American-Diki" styles we can use them for LOTS of songs

#284679 - 04/06/10 02:06 PM Re: Robert Messier ROCKIN...AUDYA
leezone Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
if they slashed their margins and dropped the price to something closer to what most of us ARE willing to pay (probably sub-$3500 in the US, street), I can't honestly think of a single person looking at a new arranger NOT wanting one. And 100% of the market, even at a low margin is better than 1% of the market with a high markup.

i AGREE with you Diki 110%

#284680 - 04/06/10 02:08 PM Re: Robert Messier ROCKIN...AUDYA
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
The Audya would be my choice. I have to head off for work right now.

I'll elaborate on my choice and post later.

Jim

#284681 - 04/06/10 02:08 PM Re: Robert Messier ROCKIN...AUDYA
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by NiteLife:
Hi Guys, I realize I'm a newcomer to this forum as a member, however I have followed it for years. I can't help but chuckle to my self reading some of your posts.

It seems to me the discussions and what seems like arguments are between the Audya or other Ketron product owners, and the NON Audya or other Ketron product owners! What I read about the Audya from the NON Audya owners the most is about the PRICE. Features and Benefits for the money! I say:

If you can't afford this incredible piece of technology quit slamming it and talking about how you can accomplish the same thing for far less money doing this or doing that! The bottom line here with the Audya is the quality of sound, what your ears hear coming out of this machine.

The authenticity of the instruments is unmatched by any other keyboard I've ever heard or played. Just listen to the Swing Trumpet for example, Ketron should have installed a spit valve on this keyboard! Thats just one example, the list of just as good is quite extensive on this machine. They will even be better, ( I can't imagine )with the upgrades included in OS4.

In the almost 40 years I have been playing professionally, I have NEVER EVER had so many compliments come from my audience's! To me, that alone is worth $4,900 all day long!

Clean the wax out of your ears and appreciate what Ketron has put together for us keyboard musicians.

If you play professionally, it doesn't matter if you do your own sequencing, play midi files, mp3's, styles or whatever. Your audience doesn't know the difference anyways.

However they will recognize the quality of sound. You get what you pay for with the AUDYA, PERIOD!

Jim

I am not saying I can't afford an Audy. That's not my point. That thing is much to expensive for what it delivers. Even if I had the money I wouldn't buy one. I would spend my money for something much better like a arranger with a workstation. And if you think a Korg PA2XPro doesn't sound much better then a Korg PA80 then you clean the wax out of your ears.

#284682 - 04/06/10 02:09 PM Re: Robert Messier ROCKIN...AUDYA
leezone Offline

Diki,

you are starting to think like me :-)

you are falling in love with the AUDYA sound
and are wishing it was a whole lot cheaper :-)

#284683 - 04/06/10 02:13 PM Re: Robert Messier ROCKIN...AUDYA
leezone Offline

now we just have to get Nedim to fall back in love...

Nedim, you used to love and praise it... :-(

#284684 - 04/06/10 03:33 PM Re: Robert Messier ROCKIN...AUDYA
Diki Online   content

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
Diki,

you are starting to think like me :-)

you are falling in love with the AUDYA sound
and are wishing it was a whole lot cheaper :-)

I'm just not whining about it incessantly, and posting thread after thread asking stupid questions of people that have no idea what the answer is, that's all...

Always DID like the Audya sound, said so from the day Demo #1 was posted. But there's a LOT more to the issue than just the sound. Maybe I don't care whether it has USB1 or USB3, being of a more practical nature than you, but I'm still concerned about the issue of how well the audio and MIDI guitar chords blend together, how well supported the future new Live drum styles are going to be (past performance isn't exactly inspiring), how well supported the US market will be for service and repair (let alone even auditioning one), and things of a practical nature.

But I'm NOT going to post ten times a day asking the same and related questions to people that have NO IDEA what the answer is, don't CARE what the answer is, and are getting VERY mad at me for doing so even when asked to stop

But don't let that stop YOU...

#284685 - 04/06/10 03:44 PM Re: Robert Messier ROCKIN...AUDYA
Tonewheeldude Offline

Diki, I was genuine about asking you to post some examples of songs - I have an Audya5 at home tonight with some of the new styles on - not all of them. I wondered if there is anything on it that would be suitable.

#284686 - 04/06/10 04:37 PM Re: Robert Messier ROCKIN...AUDYA
Diki Online   content

Anything by Marley. Anything by Tosh. No 'fake' reggae for me, please! But no styles that are clones of ONE tune. Useless for anything else. This is the problem with using players that are good, but unfamiliar with the 'style'. You end up with clones, and they are only good for the one song. Takes real skill to make a style that works across a wide range of songs...

Anything by the Neville Bros. Anything by the Meters. REAL New Orleans, not fake Dixieland, and CALL it New Orleans! Second Line. Parade beats.

Something that does Springsteen or Tom Petty well. Maybe something along Allman Bros. lines. Lynyard Skinyard, James Bros...

MODERN country, not Waylon and Willy and the boys..! Keith Urban. Kenny Chesney. Carrie Underwood. Nickle Creek bluegrass, not 50's style.

Zydeco. Anything by Buckwheat Zydeco, Boozoo Chavis, that sort of thing. GOTS to have a washboard, or it ain't Cajun of Zydeco!

Modern alt rock bands like the All American Rejects, Killers, etc..

And we haven't even SCRATCHED the surface of modern hiphop, rap, crunk, stuff the kids like...

That give you a start?

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online