SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#279653 - 01/18/10 08:55 PM Should there be a public NAMM?
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Guaging from the responses to NAMM this year as luke warm, surely its got to be time that the manufacturers take the products to the public at a stage like NAMM. Dealers can be as enthused as they like about products, but the public are getting more descerning about purchases these days. BY all means have the dealer NAMM, but I cant understand why they dont have a public day or days also, the injection alone to the economy would be huge, I for one would like to get some one on one with the products and people behind them??? If not NAMM where? comments please

#279654 - 01/18/10 09:37 PM Re: Should there be a public NAMM?
miden Offline

Loc: The World
+1 I would even fly over from Oz to attend

Dennis

#279655 - 01/19/10 03:37 PM Re: Should there be a public NAMM?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
St. Louis, KC, Chicago or even Vegas...

#279656 - 01/19/10 07:38 PM Re: Should there be a public NAMM?
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
What only 3 want to go to a public NAMM???

#279657 - 01/19/10 08:49 PM Re: Should there be a public NAMM?
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Musikmesse is bigger, and the last day is open to the public.

#279658 - 01/19/10 09:24 PM Re: Should there be a public NAMM?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The exhibitors don't WANT to have a public day at NAMM. It's been suggested many times, by retailers and public alike. The exhibitors are there to pitch product to the dealers, and honestly don't CARE what the public wants. Heck, a fair amount of what is pitched there is pre-release or vaporware, anyway. Look how often it's a year or more before the product ships...

Manufacturers don't want people holding off on a purchase waiting for something that may not be around for a year or more (if ever). Remember the Audya?

#279659 - 01/20/10 09:58 PM Re: Should there be a public NAMM?
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
The exhibitors don't WANT to have a public day at NAMM. It's been suggested many times, by retailers and public alike. The exhibitors are there to pitch product to the dealers, and honestly don't CARE what the public wants. Heck, a fair amount of what is pitched there is pre-release or vaporware, anyway. Look how often it's a year or more before the product ships...

Manufacturers don't want people holding off on a purchase waiting for something that may not be around for a year or more (if ever). Remember the Audya?

Diki.

I think you do need an open to public day at any venue, you need to be able to touch, feel and caress before you buy something new and as you rightly appear to be implying end up with something not what you expected inside, you can’t touch, feel and caress inside, well I know I can’t.

Cheers Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#279660 - 01/21/10 02:56 AM Re: Should there be a public NAMM?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
So you telling me you touched and caressed the Audya BEFORE you bought it?

And it didn't crash?

Perhaps you need to touch it and caress it a bit longer...

#279661 - 01/21/10 11:13 AM Re: Should there be a public NAMM?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
The design and purpose for Namm shows..is to benefit the relationship between..manufacturer/distributors..and retail dealers...The object to sell...to the dealers..

#279662 - 01/21/10 12:07 PM Re: Should there be a public NAMM?
Tonewheeldude Offline

Here in the UK we don't have a decent trade show at all. They have tried a few formulas including public days, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Music Messe in Germany seems to be the only one in Europe taken seriously by all the manufacturers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online