SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#278286 - 01/01/10 10:11 AM Re: Where is DNJ's New Year post?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
Fran, there are no secrets here, I have already said that people can email me directly if they want to know what went down.

The ban on Donny has been reinstated for 6 months before I will consider lifting it. But I am guessing you already knew that Fran. In fact I wonder what your intent was in posting this thread as I am certain you already knew "Where is DNJ's New Year post" before you even started this thread.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 01-01-2010).]

Nigel, my opening post..stated my intentions..there is no underlining purpose...and since we are on the second page..I guess my job is done..

#278287 - 01/01/10 08:17 PM Re: Where is DNJ's New Year post?
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Nigel, my opening post..stated my intentions..there is no underlining purpose...and since we are on the second page..I guess my job is done..

I guess it is lol

#278288 - 01/01/10 08:23 PM Re: Where is DNJ's New Year post?
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
Agree in that statement Gary.
Through the years as far as I have seen, Nigel also been a very fair/rightful Moderator, but 6 months
'lock out' are quite a long punishment, is'nt it?

Cheers
GJ

Yep it is I admit. But you see this is the third ban he has had over the past 6 months. The first 2 were 30 days and were cut short. But the 3rd time round ... well I simply gotta up the ante. He just will be lurking for a while.

Cheers,
Nigel

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 01-02-2010).]

#278289 - 01/02/10 12:43 PM Re: Where is DNJ's New Year post?
Lucky2Bhere Offline

I've lived many years by the following philosophy: "Nothing and no one in life is irreplaceable (except God)."

That includes DNJ. This is not a reflection on DNJ's worth but more on the group dynamics here. Can't this group make it on it's own without pining over a "DNJ" and begging Nigel to re-instate him?

I didn't see the "New Year's" post, but I'll still say anyway: "you make your bed, you lie in it!"

Lucky

#278290 - 01/02/10 01:11 PM Re: Where is DNJ's New Year post?
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky2Bhere:
... (except God)..."

...and begging Nigel to re-instate him?

Why involve God into this matters? Remember this is a world wide forum and there may be different
ways of believe who or what is the exceptions.....

It's a difference between begging for re-intstate and discussion about the lenght of punishment,
and yes, whoever disapear or dies, the world goes on and on for a while yet.
Ones dead is anothers bread they say. That's life!

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#278291 - 01/02/10 07:09 PM Re: Where is DNJ's New Year post?
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Quote:

Why involve God into this matters? Remember this is a world wide forum and there may be different
ways of believe who or what is the exceptions.....

GJ...OK, I'll fix that. It should read "my" God.

Quote:

It's a difference between begging for re-instatement and discussion about the length of punishment,

I don't see a difference between "begging for re-instatement" and questioning the "length of punishment." They're both asking for the same thing. Are my correct?

Anyhow, the point was that every member in this group is fully capable of keeping it going with new subject matter and comments on everyone else's issues. Remember the saying, "necessity is the mother of invention."

Lucky

#278292 - 01/03/10 02:38 PM Re: Where is DNJ's New Year post?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Lucky, you don't need to amend your post in any way...

You were very specific in saying that YOU had the following philosophy: "Nothing and no one in life is irreplaceable (except God)." Nowhere did you say that we all had that philosophy, or even that we all SHOULD have that philosophy, and no reasonable person ought to object to you airing your viewpoint. They certainly have no problem airing theirs..

And 'God' by itself pretty much covers ALL religions except multi deity faiths. You didn't call YOUR God by name, and your statement is pretty accurate for just about all monotheistic religions.

We keep looking for differences between the faiths, to better shore our own faith perhaps (mind you, if you DO have 'faith', what shoring does it need?) or to justify our intolerance of others, but the truth is, we are FAR closer to each other than we like to admit.

I can't think of a single religion in the world that WOULD argue with your statement. God, no matter what faith you follow, is 'irreplaceable' in ALL faiths.

#278293 - 01/03/10 07:36 PM Re: Where is DNJ's New Year post?
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Diki,

I pretty much thought along the same lines when I did the original post. I amended it to "keep the peace." Anything and everything one posts is going to be inflammatory to someone. I'm trying to keep the inflammation to a minimum lately! It's either do THAT or don't post at all!

There's an old story in psychological circles. The professor held up an all white poster board with a tiny black mark on it in front of the class and asked everyone what they saw. To a man (or a woman...got to watch the inflammatory remarks), they all saw that "black mark." No one saw the "white background."

So the the "white" becomes the euphemism for most messages that get posted, while the "black mark" is the euphemism for the reader's interpretation.

BTW....

"They certainly have no problem airing theirs."

You're absolutely right...I need to think more of that and less about "stepping on toes!"

Lucky

#278294 - 01/04/10 08:36 AM Re: Where is DNJ's New Year post?
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Oh well, why involve ANY or ANYONES GOD on fora like this at all?

You know Diki, I think LUcky did reply my question about it very well, and I see that my school learned english
may cause some differences or misunderstandings in the way I read or write sometimes.
If I did hurt anyone by my post, sorry for that. My question are hopefully written in a bettrer way now.....

And I still mean that a question, as in this case, about lenght of punishment are not the same as beg for no action,
but I can see my first post about possibly amnesty (FOR ALL) may be read like that.

Cheers and Peace.
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#278295 - 01/04/10 08:56 AM Re: Where is DNJ's New Year post?
Pacesetter Offline

I'm mostly a lurker and from time to time stop in to post. This is a truly unique forum. Amazing how the discussion moves from DNJ to God!! Wow all over the place. Too bad for a talented educated group, you sure can show your dark side.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online