SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#276642 - 11/24/09 11:52 AM Re: Adam Lambert-WTF???
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
It is a God given right to expect and maintain high moral lifestyles...and I am with Tony...set and guide good examples for our grandchildren...There is enough immorality in our world to confuse them..

As for Adam..I never thought he was or would be an American Idol....The final votes got that right on American Idol...

And as for what the Taliban thinks is right has no reflection on "Americans"..Chas , you still are one of us..aren't you?..

#276643 - 11/24/09 12:13 PM Re: Adam Lambert-WTF???
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
chas ... first let me say that I did not think the Taliban reference was necessary ...

But you talk about 'our' values as being each individual's own ... shouldn't we - you, me, all of us, - have some standard of what is acceptable and what is not whether it be on tv or in any other public forum ...
I don't think it's a "God given right" to set standards, I think it is a God given RESPONSIBILITY !!! ... without standards what are we? ... without standards, why is it not right for me to steal someone else's property, or to bring it to the extreme, take someone else's life, if that is what I think is right?

And I have no doubt that your children have turned out pretty well ...
but with the moral decay in this country due in large part to the lowering of standards, it just becomes more and more difficult for parents to fend off the barrage of bad influences put forth by radio, tv, and the internet ...
t.

PS:"Of course I did, Tony. That was the point. It's called 'tongue in cheek'. Sorry you missed it. BTW, 'WTF' is a slightly cruder version of 'What The Heck'."

don't worry, I didn't miss it ... and uh, thanks for the clarification... ...

t.

#276644 - 11/24/09 12:32 PM Re: Adam Lambert-WTF???
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Chas, always entertaining and deliver "risky", but always articulate, informed opinions.

Sometimes, in light of some of the responses, I wonder if that approach is worth all the effort.

Makes sense to me, Chas.

Russ

#276645 - 11/24/09 12:57 PM Re: Adam Lambert-WTF???
tony mads usa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
Chas, always entertaining and deliver "risky", but always articulate, informed opinions.

Sometimes, in light of some of the responses, I wonder if that approach is worth all the effort.

Makes sense to me, Chas.

Russ

Wow , Russ ... do you think my responses are so off the mark as to not warrant discussion???
t.

#276646 - 11/24/09 01:09 PM Re: Adam Lambert-WTF???

Absolutely, NOT, Tony. I enjoy everything YOU contribute. BTW, I thought Adam was miles ahead in the talent department, "quirks" and all.

My point in even posting a reply was, sometimes, the most well thought-out response generates reactions which don't indicate that it is worth taking a controversial or alternate stand. And thats a shame, but admirable, when someone takes the time and risk.

Certainly did not intend to imply I was talking about you in any way.

Sorry for the confusion...got a gig to get to!

Russ

#276647 - 11/24/09 01:10 PM Re: Adam Lambert-WTF???

Sorry-double post!

Russ (Old Fingers) Lay

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 11-25-2009).]

#276648 - 11/24/09 01:25 PM Re: Adam Lambert-WTF???
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill in Dayton:
I intentionally used an abbreviation that would capture my emotion towards this while masking the overt crassness of actually typing out the phrase.

Bill, Bill, Bill. I'm not picking on you, because I know (from previous posts) that you're not a bad guy, but c'mon. Do you really believe that you're 'masking' anything? I don't know about anybody else but when I (and I believe, any other net-savvy person) see the expression 'WTF' in a post, I'm not thinking 'W' 'T' 'F', I'm thinking, 'What the F***'. It's not that I have a problem with it, I'm just saying, let's call it what it is. Hey, I only mentioned it in the first place because of the irony of using an 'objectionable' phrase to call attention to someone else's 'objectionable' behavior. You DO see the irony, right?

Tony, you know I 'luv you man', but are you implying that just saying the word, Taliban' is somehow wrong? Even on this rather conservative board, that's a little extreme, don't you think?

Fran, as for my being American, all I can say is 'two tours, honorable discharge, and a lineage dating back to 1619'. How about you? BTW, glad to see you comfortably settling back in with the same old bull.... It's nice to know that when some of our 'discussions' start to become too intellectual, there's someone to bring a sense of balance. I guess it must be a real chore having to put up your own posts these days. On a lighter note, how 'bout them Eagles (not that they're actually going anywhere). Talk to you soon, when I come up to visit. Our lunch date is still on, right.

chas

#276649 - 11/24/09 01:32 PM Re: Adam Lambert-WTF???
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Sunday it was Lambert, but it's been Michael Jackson, Brittney Spears and a ton of others. What got me about SUnday's performance was that it was from a rookie who thinks he's a god AND it was a prime-time network performance. Last time I saw a guy throw his face in another man's crotch was... never. Lambert was only there for his 15 minutes of fame, and as Bill originally asked - hasn't he already had his? TMI

#276650 - 11/24/09 01:33 PM Re: Adam Lambert-WTF???
tony mads usa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
BTW, I thought Adam was miles ahead in the talent department, "quirks" and all.

Russ

I too think he has lots of talent, but why can't he let that speak for itself?
Why do the performers and the people who produce these acts and these shows insist that the performance 'push the envelope', not on TALENT, but on SLEAZE??? ... My answer? - because we no longer hold anyone up to a standard of acceptable public behavior - JMHO OF COURSE

t.

and thanks for the clarification..
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 11-24-2009).]

#276651 - 11/24/09 01:35 PM Re: Adam Lambert-WTF???
tony mads usa Offline

hit 'quote' instead of 'edit' ... sorry ...

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 11-24-2009).]

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online