Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 15 of 42 < 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 41 42 >
Topic Options
#276233 - 11/23/09 04:52 PM Re: Where is OS4
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:
Time signature and measures mathcing only seems to make sense to me. It seems to be musically correct ? Why put a 3/4 into a 4/4 variation ? Or vice versa.... It doesn't make sense.

I have and been able to mix and match styles rather easily with the SD1 and X1. Why Ketron would not carry over this feature ?

I also made a statement earlier in this thread about the sound. "how anyone can say that audio doesn't sound better than a midi generated loop is beyond me".

I saw Chaz say "depends on who's playing the audi part" , but does anyone think Ketron would use a non-professional player ?

Sonically, audio has got to be better than any midi based loop. Hands down.

[This message has been edited by DanO1 (edited 11-23-2009).]

I just wonder how far would people go to twist something incorrect and to satisfy
their emotional needs...

#276234 - 11/23/09 05:29 PM Re: Where is OS4
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
I just wonder how far would people go to twist something incorrect and to satisfy
their emotional needs...

"NO YOU ARE NOT!!! It happen for me to know Ketron arrangers same as i know Korg's and no,
not just Audya but NO Ketron arranger can do that without headache. In Ketron's world to swap
style elements THEY MUST BE the same lengths of Measures and same Time Signature.
Otherwise IT WONT WORK! There is not even a workaround, it will simply not work."

Emotional needs ? Please. LOL... If your referring to my comment about being with Sandro and AJ, it was in a joking manner. However we did have the discussion.

My emotional state is fine Thank You.

#276235 - 11/23/09 05:34 PM Re: Where is OS4
DanO1 Offline

Ever since 1996 I have nothing but respect for Ketron products. When I worked for Chuck Levins, I sold a ton of MS series.

When I worked at GC, we sold alot of X series. When I started working NAMM shows and created X1 video manual , it was fun.

I was one of first people in the US to touch a SD1 and had a great time demonstrsating all of their keyboards at NAMM.

I will always love the product.

#276236 - 11/23/09 06:37 PM Re: Where is OS4
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Playing along with an audio loop is much like playing along with an MP3, or Wav. recording.

Audio loops used in styles do not appear to have anywhere near the flexibility of midi based loops.

Midi based loops are incredibly editable....you can change the groove, the swing amount, the dynamics...offset notes...shorten or lengthen decay.

What real advantages do audio based loops have, other than sound as realistic as a recording? In actuality, midi loops are playing recordings too...they are playing samples (recordings)...in most cases, multi-samples.

If you record audio based loops...is the result a recording of a recording?

The technology for doing audio based loops, especially instruments that play chords (in a style) is still very limited...too limited, it seems to be completely successful.

Ian

#276237 - 11/23/09 07:08 PM Re: Where is OS4
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Quote:
[B] Time signature and measures mathcing only seems to make sense to me. It seems to be musically correct ? Why put a 3/4 into a 4/4 variation ? Or vice versa.... It doesn't make sense.

I know of hundreds of songs that have 3-4 different Time Signatures, go play some
Dream Theater, 16 variations wont 16 TS wont be enough...and if something is not musically
correct but possible why not do it? Why every other brand does it? On Korg or others you can
copy from whenrever to wherever and no matter of TS or lentgh. Ketron went as far to even block
so you cant copy from a Variation to an Intro or opposite.

#276238 - 11/23/09 07:08 PM Re: Where is OS4
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Ketron has to love all the talk of Audya. Free advertising !

Maybe, but I believe they're also giving the other manufacturers a free tutorial on how not to introduce a keyboard.

And, before you bring up Yamaha's PSR-9000 Pro, Korg's PA-800, and Roland's G70, remember, these issues are in the past, and these companies have learned (sometimes at great cost) from their mistakes.

Ketron is presently in the middle of an issue/blunder, and quite frankly, it seems they are working against time and dwindling finances, available to fix the Audya.

I wish them, and anyone owning an Audya, the very best of luck, and hopes of an outcome satisfactory for all concerned.

Ian

#276239 - 11/24/09 01:07 AM Re: Where is OS4
skude Offline

Tony!
You're the man, a simple question, where is OS4.0. Close to 150 replies. When you play the Audya I'm sure you do Jose Feliciano's (Come on baby) Light my fire, BTW his guitar sounds almost like some of the Audya's live guitars. Than may be you keep on with "For ones in my life" (Steve Wonder)
cheers, skude

#276240 - 11/24/09 07:17 AM Re: Where is OS4
DanO1 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
I know of hundreds of songs that have 3-4 different Time Signatures, go play some
Dream Theater, 16 variations wont 16 TS wont be enough...and if something is not musically
correct but possible why not do it? Why every other brand does it? On Korg or others you can
copy from whenrever to wherever and no matter of TS or lentgh. Ketron went as far to even block
so you cant copy from a Variation to an Intro or opposite.

ok.. got it. I will dial up some dream theater.

[This message has been edited by DanO1 (edited 11-24-2009).]

#276241 - 11/24/09 08:21 AM Re: Where is OS4
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Ian, you continually infer that Ketron is in financial trouble. No where else have I heard anything to indicate that is true.
Do you have anything at all to back this idea up, or is merely conjecture on your part?
Thanks,
Don

#276242 - 11/24/09 08:33 AM Re: Where is OS4
ianmcnll Offline

Just a gut feeling Don...brought on by many years in the business.

It's my opinion...time will tell if I am wrong...or right.

Just like my prediction about the Audya's direction...

Introduction year: 75% right.
Year two: 85% right
Year three: 95% right.
Year four: Discontinued.

That's been correct...so far.

Ian

Page 15 of 42 < 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 41 42 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online