SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 42 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 41 42 >
Topic Options
#276153 - 11/22/09 08:16 AM Re: Where is OS4
skude Offline

Can't really tell what I did to make the lock up, One time I know (even in my age) I was a little to fast pushing the next button, more like what you somtimes do on your PC to make it freeze. My "count in" problem has been there since day one. My dealer (Frank) is working on this together with Ketron. The first reply from Ketron tech. did not solve the problem, but as far as I know Frank is on it with Ketron. Yes I like the Audya, but not anough to try to pretend there's no problems, and I'm not very happy with the way this KB was released. But don't forget I have been down the same road with my Korg. The first OS 1.1 and several more, before OS 1.6 finally started to get things better, OS 2.0, or I should say OS 2.01 made it even better.Now it's the one I relay on. But still I can end up with a freezing. My first PA800 the motherboard was bad, aftertouch was not working,and the service senter could not fix it , got a new KB. I could go on with my PA80 problems also back in 2002. Not saying this to defend Ketron in any way, but we all seem to forget very quick, could be the age. When / if I get my problems fixed I will sure let you know.
skude

#276154 - 11/22/09 08:29 AM Re: Where is OS4
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Just to let you know, I had never even tried the Count-in, so I just now turned the Audya on, pressed Count-in, and it works fine without a need to re-boot.
4.0 will have Style Editor and many new sounds. Other than that, we'll have to wait and see. AJ says we may have it by the end of this week.
DonM

#276155 - 11/22/09 09:03 AM Re: Where is OS4
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
Audya a work in progress?
Other than the bugs, can anyone articulate how is the Audya a work in progress?

I could write a book on that but to sum it all up quickly, each OS update only brings you a small step closer to the core features every other arranger has on the day it's released and OS 1.0.

For example, OS 4.0 is out very soon and only then will you have a style editor. It will probably take a few more OS released then to complete the Style Editor and fix any bugs introduced.

James.

#276156 - 11/22/09 09:18 AM Re: Where is OS4
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Hey, that's right...the Audya does not presently have a style editor.

Ah, what the hay, it's only $5000 or so...at that price, someone should hand deliver you a packet of styles per your detailed specifications.

Hard to believe.

#276157 - 11/22/09 09:51 AM Re: Where is OS4
to the genesys Offline

OK so we are talking style editor.
Or are we talking style creator.

So are we saying the product is incomplete because we don’t like the features Ketron chose to put or not put on the first release?

Now can an Audya owner say definitively that they can not edit a style with the current OS?
Not whether they can create a new style from scratch but can they edit an already existing one.

I just want the facts not speculation, conjecture or misinformation.
I would assume everyone would want the same. O I am sorry, I am not supposed to assume.
So may be everyone does not want the facts but want speculation, conjecture and misinformation.

#276158 - 11/22/09 10:16 AM Re: Where is OS4
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
A style editor, it seems, would be a very basic part of an arranger...a style creator, from scratch, would be just an extension of the editor...or vice versa.

To have no way of editing styles on any $5000 arranger, is terribly limiting.

Hopefully more exact information will be forthcoming.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 11-22-2009).]

#276159 - 11/22/09 10:50 AM Re: Where is OS4
Irishacts Offline

Hi to the genesys

Quote:
OK so we are talking style editor.
Or are we talking style creator.

Editor, Creator, it's the same thing in my book and it's a basic function of any arrangers.

Quote:
So are we saying the product is incomplete because we don’t like the features Ketron chose to put or not put on the first release?

Answer honestly now

Do you honestly think Ketron just decided not to include the basic functions of any arranger at the time of release,

or...

They weren't included because Ketron didn't even have them written at the time.

James

#276160 - 11/22/09 10:55 AM Re: Where is OS4
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
O.K. for all you guys who don't have an Audya, and have absolutely no intention of getting one. . .
Since it was introduced, you could open a style view screen, change volumes, sounds, loops, kits, sounds, etc. I suppose the new software will allow you to CREATE new styles.
Personally, I haven't even begun to exhaust the possibilities that the myriad of on-board styles present. I HAVE easily edited some of the ones where I didn't like a sound or volume. It's as simple as three or four button pushes, including the SAVE.
You can also easily substitute audio style parts for midi parts and vice versa, or add loops if you want.
There is also a dedicated button for instant viewing of all drum parts, and they are just as easily adjusted.
I haven't found it necessary to create any styles since I dumped the Korg PA800. Putting that board aside, it hasn't been necessary for the past six years or so.
Still, if you are into creating styles, and don't want to do it on PC, I suppose you would enjoy and appreciate that feature.
DonM

#276161 - 11/22/09 11:15 AM Re: Where is OS4
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
O.K. for all you guys who don't have an Audya, and have absolutely no intention of getting one. . .
Since it was introduced, you could open a style view screen, change volumes, sounds, loops, kits, sounds, etc. I suppose the new software will allow you to CREATE new styles.
Personally, I haven't even begun to exhaust the possibilities that the myriad of on-board styles present. I HAVE easily edited some of the ones where I didn't like a sound or volume. It's as simple as three or four button pushes, including the SAVE.
You can also easily substitute audio style parts for midi parts and vice versa, or add loops if you want.
There is also a dedicated button for instant viewing of all drum parts, and they are just as easily adjusted.
I haven't found it necessary to create any styles since I dumped the Korg PA800. Putting that board aside, it hasn't been necessary for the past six years or so.
Still, if you are into creating styles, and don't want to do it on PC, I suppose you would enjoy and appreciate that feature.
DonM

Thank You.

That is the type of information that needed to be clarified.

Quite frankly for someone to lump style creation and editing in the same group and then accuse Audya of not having basic features only goes to show that there has been a lot of misinformation about the Audya.

It is clear that the Audya has style editing.

So what other actual basic arranger feature does Audya not have that can be backed up with facts?

#276162 - 11/22/09 11:23 AM Re: Where is OS4
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
Quite frankly for someone to lump style creation and editing in the same group and then accuse Audya of not having basic features only goes to show that there has been a lot of misinformation about the Audya

Hang on a second there, since when has the ability to change sounds and settings to any part on a keyboard ever been considered style editing.

Most of not all keyboard offer that function from the main mixer page which has NOTHING at all to do with Style Edit mode.

Style Edit mode is for creating styles or parts of styles that never existed before It's also for taking factory data and modifying it.

NONE of which the Audya can do...!!!! This is a basic function of any arranger.

James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 11-22-2009).]

Page 7 of 42 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 41 42 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online