Page 34 of 42 < 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 41 42 >
Topic Options
#276423 - 12/14/09 09:25 AM Re: Where is OS4
necdetdoni Offline

Loc: Antalya / Turkey
quote:

Originally posted by Ketron_AJ;

Count down is at 4 ...

Unfortunately, I can't say much more ... (got in trouble for releasing the information I previously released already ...)

[This message has been edited by necdetdoni (edited 12-14-2009).]

[This message has been edited by necdetdoni (edited 12-14-2009).]

#276424 - 12/14/09 09:30 AM Re: Where is OS4
skude Offline

Tony!
Why don't you use the Audya? Is it because it "locks up" when you play it? Don plays his 4 hours every day, and I use mine just as much, and I have never had one "lock up" during playing, I have made over 200 regs. using lots of different sounds, I use the FS13 switch board and I'm stepping on those switches all the time, never let me down so far. What I mean, if it "locks up" for you all the time, there must be something wrong with you KB, some kind of problem that's not on my (or Don's)KB.
Just wondering. BTW can't quite figure out that "count down" thing.
skude

#276425 - 12/14/09 09:46 AM Re: Where is OS4
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
That just verifies what I said earlier.

You won't see anything until NAMM 2010, or the run up to the show.

In my opinion this will be used as the point KETRON will try to bury all the bad press the Audya has been getting though the free advertisement the show will generate world wide when the news and feature list of 4.0 is released.

Clever stuff really when you look at the contents of threads like this. There are people who will be sucked into all this instantly and all will be forgiven and forgotten by them.

Anyway.... a wait until NAMM it is then.

James

#276426 - 12/14/09 11:03 AM Re: Where is OS4
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Quote:
Originally posted by Robbo:
Come on guys, Audya is clearly a work in progress, and I'm sure at some date we will be thanking the guys that put thier money on the line and buy one which enabes Ketron to develop the R&D necessary to get it right. whether it be Audya original or Audya 2, who cares, I've got time to wait and see the outcomes, no one is forcing you to spend the money if you don't want too.

Remember the outcomes of some fantastic developments are deffinately going to influence Kork Yamaha and Roland with respect to what they put up next as a competitor. So I see this as a win win situation for all

You totally make no sense and i am sorry that i am laughing at you. In simple English in your story in here
you just told everyone that it is right for Ketron to do that, to BORROW money from people to devellop the
machine right? On top of all, you have no problem with that? And you have time to wait???
One question but i know the answer, do you own one? NO!!! Thats why you have time, your pocket its not
5000$USD lighter, if it was you wouldnt be talking senseless %rap in here.

#276427 - 12/14/09 03:52 PM Re: Where is OS4
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Hey Nedim Lighten Up, your correct I dont have one, but I have an SD3 (best drums and Bass ever) the reason I have not got an Audya, is I follow the advice given by many in this forum dont buy, i'll say it again don't buy until you have played, felt and time has proven that the purchase is what you expect.

My words of the previous post was to give hope to those who have already purchased the Audya that in the end, they will be vindicated in thier purchase. May have taken a while, but should be worth it. My biggest beef is not with the buggy things its more to do with the money ie $10k australian is not viable here, and i'm sure that if this board, even with its probs was around the $6kAus mark, we would have had a much quicker movement towards fixing some the ills.

R&D is expensive, and this would have been a great lesson for not only Ketron, but all manufacturers and developers, dont release until its right.

Even when the Nedim's of the world are screaming for it before its ready (hah,hah)

#276428 - 12/14/09 04:28 PM Re: Where is OS4
mc Offline

Loc: New York
missing post, I'll re-type it later

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 12-14-2009).]

#276429 - 12/14/09 05:50 PM Re: Where is OS4
Robbo Offline

You guys are amazing,

you screamed for it to be released, oh where is it? I see it, when can we have it?, now they are not moving fast enough for you, well name me a company that R&D's every aspect of a product before release and let me tell you they do not exist! Think about it? Cars, Software, other keyboards and so on.

There are members here that are using the Audya quite effectively and not had lock ups and so on, so dont shoot the messenger.

What you will do with your negative posts is make it so that in future, they all wont tell us anything, and we may loose one or 2 players from the market place, less competitions means less features and higher prices, so hold on, have some patience, and I for one, hope that OS4 knocks your socks off, because then, all of your whinning would have been for nought.

Do I think its fair that you have paid for R&D, well its a fact of life, once again get over it. Everytime I buy a product I'm investing in R&D, so that the next release will be better and so on, I didn't say you should like it, just that's life. So don't be disheartened, we have all made mistakes before, lets give them a chance to redeem.

I neither work for Ketron or own an Audya, but if OS4 is a magic bullet I may do so.

#276430 - 12/15/09 07:03 AM Re: Where is OS4
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi Robbo .

Can you please read the thread before you comment. Your bring the discussion back many pages by talking of things we have all moved on from. Your points make no scene at all in relation to what Nedim said, and to what we are talking about now.

The issues at hand are the state the keyboard was released in, ( NOT BUGS... its about the lack of entire systems) the state it still is in, and the fact that Ketron are doing all this off the backs of their paying customers in order to save a failed project.

A failed project from the point of view that many of the targest that Ketron set out to meet where never achieved. Again I woudn't have to say this if you had of read the thread.

Regards
James

#276431 - 12/15/09 08:24 AM Re: Where is OS4
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Robbo:
You guys are amazing,

keyboards and so on.

Everytime I buy a product I'm investing in R&D,
I neither work for Ketron or own an Audya, but if OS4 is a magic bullet I may do so.

Robbo,

You normally pay for RD and it's allready in the product, not RD after you have bought it. Robbo do you live down under, also who said it was a magic bullet, if we go with you there will still be RD in OS4.
I would buy a gun for the magic bullet and shoot yourself before you buy an Audya, wait for OS4, and then we will converse again in some depth.

Sorry Robbo

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 12-15-2009).]

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 12-15-2009).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#276432 - 12/15/09 04:18 PM Re: Where is OS4
Robbo Offline

Hello guys,

Just a couple of things, good robust discussion is always a good thing, we never want to feel that we cant express how we feel, I myself have made purchases in the past and felt just as mad as some of you who have bought the Audya, can I say I dont think that OS4 will be the last update, the "magic bullet" will be to get it to what it was touted as when we first heard about it 3 or 4 years ago, OS4 for Audya is probably just one of many. however if it fixes the main issues that you all have (which some dont, (funny thats like the Korg PA2X LED problem that the factory said wasn't a problem till many buyers came out of the woodwork reporting failed lights and so on, and they are made in Italy as well? mmmmm)

So yes I commissorate with you, yes I as well as you, hope that Ketron get it right if not before XMAS then at NAMM with the release of OS4, not just telling everyone about it, (as Korg once did), and wish you all a great and peace filled XMAS for this year and years to come, sorry if my words gave the wrong impression, NEDIM

Page 34 of 42 < 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 41 42 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online