SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#275276 - 11/05/09 07:43 AM Re: Two songs
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Great stuff! I could listen all day. Thanks for sharing.

#275277 - 11/05/09 09:23 AM Re: Two songs
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Now I'll have BOTH versions on my iPOD ...

LOVE your stuff, Don ...

t.

#275278 - 11/05/09 03:32 PM Re: Two songs
big741.1 Offline

Loc: Edmonton,Canada
Pretty cool tunes Don. Liked the singing, the guitar work - what the heck - I liked it all!

Thanks for the music,
Dan

[This message has been edited by big741.1 (edited 11-05-2009).]

#275279 - 11/05/09 04:03 PM Re: Two songs
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I appreciate your singing/playing style. Great to hear how the E50 sounds in competent hands.

Scott

#275280 - 11/06/09 01:47 AM Re: Two songs
skude Offline

You don't need a guitar player Don. Great, love your singing too. I think any keyboard will sound good in your hands.
skude

#275281 - 11/06/09 12:22 PM Re: Two songs
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Just in case anybody is interested . . .
There were 68 visits to the page with the songs yesterday. Most of them were during the noon hour!
I was hoping to hear somebody tell the truth about the differences in the two versions on different keyboards.
But thanks for listening.
DonM

#275282 - 11/06/09 11:25 PM Re: Two songs
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:

I was hoping to hear somebody tell the truth about the differences in the two versions on different keyboards.
But thanks for listening.
DonM

OK...for what it's worth , an opinion!
Both versions were keepers.
If I was pressed to state a preference, the original take was to me more suiuted to the song...the new arranger didn't quite get the tone required for the genre.
cheers
Eddie Johnson

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

PSR9000

#275283 - 11/07/09 12:21 AM Re: Two songs
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
agreed . I prefered the E50 version easily. The guitar sounded outstanding. The singing was pretty nice too !

#275284 - 11/07/09 02:47 AM Re: Two songs
skude Offline

DonM
They are both very good, since you asked for it. I will go for the Audya version, to me, both the style and your voice sounds a little more live, a little more "rougher", if I may say so, and that,s what I like. (Wish I had that kind of voice myself) Not saying this because I play the Audya, but I just had a evening with our band,(using my Korg) and our drummer plays a kind of like that to that kind of musicstyle. (more noisy than the Audya, for sure ) I really love your guitar playing.
skude

#275285 - 11/07/09 04:45 AM Re: Two songs
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Ummmm, gremlins I guess. This morning WMP played the Audya version with no problem. Ok, now for the only opinion that counts; mine . Although both versions are excellent, due in no small part to Don's vocals which are so well suited to this tune, I would have to agree with Skude. Although I'm normally a bigger fan of Roland than of Ketron's, I think the Audya gets the nod on this particular guitar simulation, on this particular style, on this particular tune (how's that for hedging your bet ).

BTW, I still think Don snuck a guitar player in there and is just pulling our chain about that being him on a keyboard . Seriously, it does go to show the importance of really listening to the instrument you're trying to emulate and then thinking and playing as though you were actually playing that instrument. I think that really helps with the realism.

The other thing that is so good (valuable) about these song postings is that it gives us a chance to compare styles and voices from two different manufacturers by the same competent performer (in the same recording environment). How often does that happen? Usually we have to rely on this factory demo vs. that factory demo. It would be nice to hear other members with multiple arrangers post 'compare' tunes. Hey, even if your performance can't match Don's, at least the comparison between brands will be fair.

chas

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online