SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#275157 - 11/03/09 08:13 AM Re: Hmmmmm?....very interesting read.....
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I'm glad I never listened to the opinions of piano players when it comes to arrangers. If I had, I would have had to get a REAL job many years ago. Instead, the piano players are mostly in my audiences, still criticizing while wondering how in the world I have made a living playing music for almost 40 years while they sit at a desk all day. Why, that's impossible by only playing chords with the left hand.
And that's not a REAL drummer.
I've had drummers come up and actually be angry because I'm "putting them out of work".
Almost always, they wouldn't be working anyway because they are too loud, drink too much, show up late, etc., in other words aren't professional enough to treat music as anything other than a "gig" and an excuse to get drunk and chase women.
It's o.k. for me to say these things here, but I would NEVER go to a piano or drummer forum and say them. That would be disrespectful.
DonM

#275158 - 11/03/09 08:14 AM Re: Hmmmmm?....very interesting read.....
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:

I think the guys that do the factory style creations are absolute geniuses, but in the end, it's their music, not ours. JMO.

chas

I agree...they are the virtuosos of the auto-accompaniment world...they mostly use software to create the styles, but, you have to have the ear and musical sense to make them sound convincing. A real art.

And yes, it is their music, but they are good guys to have in my virtual band, when my other mates are not available for practice or play.

I like using styles, because I can change the feel of the music more spontaneously....and it's fun; at least for me.

Ian

#275159 - 11/03/09 08:21 AM Re: Hmmmmm?....very interesting read.....
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
DITTO!

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#275160 - 11/03/09 09:35 AM Re: Hmmmmm?....very interesting read.....
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
....in other words aren't professional enough to treat music as anything other than a "gig" and an excuse to get drunk and chase women.

Yeah, lousy drummers. Keyboard players, on the other hand, would never be guilty of such unprofessional conduct (how many women you gonna catch anyway, wearing a chicken hat?) .

chas

#275161 - 11/03/09 10:14 AM Re: Hmmmmm?....very interesting read.....
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Keyboard players, on the other hand, would never be guilty of such unprofessional conduct (how many women you gonna catch anyway, wearing a chicken hat?) .

chas

Well, then again, there's that old expression that "keyboad players have bigger organs."

#275162 - 11/03/09 10:19 AM Re: Hmmmmm?....very interesting read.....
Dnj Offline

man that G70 is really heavy eh?

#275163 - 11/03/09 10:23 AM Re: Hmmmmm?....very interesting read.....
cgiles Offline

Great thread, Donny. Uh, what was it about again?

chas

#275164 - 11/03/09 11:55 AM Re: Hmmmmm?....very interesting read.....
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Wow... a little trip back thorough memory lane

Just glad I never went to school in Colleen's class I might have learned something, and then what chance would I have had to be a pro musician?

Still, you have to laugh at someone that buys something 45 lbs., KNOWS it's 45 lbs. (it's in the specs) before they buy it, then sells it because it's too heavy Kinda like buying ten boxes of chocolates, taking them home, then going 'Damn! I forgot. I HATE chocolate... I'm going to complain to Hershey's!'

#275165 - 11/03/09 12:08 PM Re: Hmmmmm?....very interesting read.....
ianmcnll Offline

My buddy's girlfriend bought a new car...signed the papers, got in, and discovered it was a manual transmission...

They walk the earth.

#275166 - 11/03/09 12:49 PM Re: Hmmmmm?....very interesting read.....
cgiles Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
My buddy's girlfriend bought a new car...signed the papers, got in, and discovered it was a manual transmission...

They walk the earth.

Worse, they breed.

chas

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online