Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#273424 - 10/10/09 01:32 PM Re: Bose Compact review LIVE
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill in Dayton:
I hope Jim finds what he's looking for PA wise.

I think its a concern though, honestly that at 6:30pm Wednesday night, he was "blown away." Roughly 48 hours later his opinion had completely changed again to deciding the Bose wasn't for him.

Well he DID say that on the second night, he was playing a LOT louder...

I rest my case.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill in Dayton:
Jim-Your background is corporate sales, right? What did you tell a client who seemed to be going back and forth between different products?

If he had widely varying needs, wouldn't you tell him to take his time and find what best suits ALL of them? This ain't like he's waffling at the same gig, you know...

#273425 - 10/10/09 01:35 PM Re: Bose Compact review LIVE
zuki Offline

I followed Cass' and Donnie's advice this afternoon and set it up (with ext) 3' behind and 8' to my left side. I walked the room with a style playing. It really sounded balanced throughout the room.

I played my hour gig and really liked the sound, as did the audience. There was absolutely no feedback and my voice was crystal clear.

The job was small. I had the Bose at 12:00 and my keys 1/2 way at most. Plenty of volume and one complaint.

Here's my deal: I can imagine (2) units would be extremely nice for every venue I play and the quality would be excellent.

I just cannot get used to ONE unit, mono. There are some changes in my songs, based on instruments, pads, etc that don't come through, as in the stereo setup.

So here's the final decision (yes, it is). Keep the Bose for the allowance period and hopefully get the BA-300 (on order) in to see how this one box stereo unit does.

If the 300 satisfies me, the Bose goes back. If not, the 300 goes back, Bose stays and I go Bosi.

Thanks all for your kind responses.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#273426 - 10/10/09 01:45 PM Re: Bose Compact review LIVE
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
If he had widely varying needs, wouldn't you tell him to take his time and find what best suits ALL of them? This ain't like he's waffling at the same gig, you know...

I asked on this forum a while back if I could run my band through the compact and I was told it would likely work.

So, in my mind bumping up the volume wouldn't result in massive whole change differences.

And for the most part, Jim plays in Retirement Communities & Nursing Homes. There's not THAT much of a physical difference from the biggest (a small auditorium) to the smallest (think of a parlor type) setting.

Using the L1 with a tone engine, I usually run my T2 at 2:00 and my channel volumes at 11:00. The tone engine gains/trims are at 11:00, the master gain is at 9-10...

I think you're doing the right thing, Jim...within a few weeks, you'll know the Compact even better than you do now and be that much more assured with the direction you go...whatever that turns out to be...

Have fun!

------------------
Bill in Dayton

[This message has been edited by Bill in Dayton (edited 10-10-2009).]

#273427 - 10/10/09 01:50 PM Re: Bose Compact review LIVE
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Double post-

[This message has been edited by Bill in Dayton (edited 10-10-2009).]

#273428 - 10/10/09 01:58 PM Re: Bose Compact review LIVE
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Good luck, Jim, on whatever you decide upon.

As for the ear-bleed level, somewhere in my collection of stuff I have an old, battery-powered, DB meter. I haven't used it in 15 years, but if it still works I'll measure the DB level I perform at when playing nite-clubs, and do the same at some of the larger dances. I'll post the results.

Diki, if you can find a DB meter in your area, I would really like to see the results from the locations you are talking about as well. This would provide the forum with a definitive, measurable answer.

I suspect there is not a lot of difference in the club levels, but I could be wrong. Should be interesting.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#273429 - 10/10/09 01:58 PM Re: Bose Compact review LIVE
zuki Offline

Thanks Bill. I know the Bosi would work, one on each side. I might even cancel the 300 and just go for it. Then I can let the bashing begin

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#273430 - 10/10/09 02:22 PM Re: Bose Compact review LIVE
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Good luck, Jim, on whatever you decide upon.

As for the ear-bleed level, somewhere in my collection of stuff I have an old, battery-powered, DB meter. I haven't used it in 15 years, but if it still works I'll measure the DB level I perform at when playing nite-clubs, and do the same at some of the larger dances. I'll post the results.

Diki, if you can find a DB meter in your area, I would really like to see the results from the locations you are talking about as well. This would provide the forum with a definitive, measurable answer.

I suspect there is not a lot of difference in the club levels, but I could be wrong. Should be interesting.

Cheers,

Gary

Great idea Gary....I look forward to the interesting test results from the both of you.

#273431 - 10/10/09 08:21 PM Re: Bose Compact review LIVE
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I can only say that when I was on DonM's stage the BOSE was right behind me and there was no feedback whatsoever ...

t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 10-12-2009).]

#273432 - 10/10/09 09:02 PM Re: Bose Compact review LIVE
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
I can only say that when I was on BonM's stage the BOSE was right behind me and there was no feedback whatsoever ...

t.

Who's BonM???

#273433 - 10/10/09 09:08 PM Re: Bose Compact review LIVE
Dnj Offline

Tony unlike Don or myself.. it could be Zuki's headphone mic....

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online