SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#271672 - 09/21/09 09:29 AM I No longer loath Mr.West
mr9000 Offline

Well i finally got around to watching that Kayne West & Taylor Swift thing,now i find myself in a complete neutral position so i NO longer 'loath' Mr.West!
Taylor Swift's video being best video??are you kidding,unfortunatly not.
I'm starting to think there was a cluster of folks that were disgruntled by Taylor getting the nod. I could see Taylor being "Best new artist",But Beyounce's 'Put a ring on it' completely BLOWS the doors off any of swift's work,look at beyounce's dance routine in that video,then look at a Swift's video and innocence,poppy beats, about first love type material and non physical non dance action,rather only emotion,there not much skill going on there. 'Put a ring on it' is a tune that is easily recalled even at this very moment for me,but i cannot for the life of me rehash in my head how any of Swifts melodies go.I think Kanye was simply seeing some sort of corruption going on is what the issue was here,i mean even i could sense the fustration when he was up on the stage ranting about..there's another stroy going on that was unfolded behind closed CEO doors i suspect.

[This message has been edited by mr9000 (edited 09-21-2009).]

#271673 - 09/21/09 11:52 AM Re: I No longer loath Mr.West
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Well I'm not saying I agree with you entirely. I still think is was rude and insensitive and that he was a jerk for doing it. I just didn't think it was worthy of all the vitriol (a huge amount of it racial) it generated in the days following.

What is more interesting to me is a concept that I used to teach in a volunteer counseling program in the local prison (a program called THRESHOLDS). The concept was to DECIDE rather than REACT (which is like deciding from a list of ONE options). One example is to count to ten before you haul off and pop someone. Putting a little distance in there just might be enough time for you to consider some other option. Works better than you might think.

chas

[This message has been edited by cgiles (edited 09-21-2009).]

#271674 - 09/21/09 11:58 AM Re: I No longer loath Mr.West
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I'll agree that the Beyonce video was far superior, and that she is a better singer/ performer on all levels.

It's the interruption of the broadcast and the disrespect for the process and the other performer that bothers me. Combine that with the fact that West can't sing a note and showed his ass in a similar way last year.

I agree with what he said about the superiority of the other video. I just loath the way he made is opinions known.

You can often win a battle but lose the war. He showed bad form all the way around.

The guy's a jerk!

Russ

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 09-21-2009).]

#271675 - 09/21/09 12:19 PM Re: I No longer loath Mr.West
mr9000 Offline

I totally agree his delivery was way off the mark,but there's something more to this little story than meets the eye i just know.
I just didn't want my original 'Loath' thread to stick,as i'm no longer swayed on that side of the fence no longer of Mr.West being 100% at fault,new numbers around
70-ish% at fault.Music execs were playing around with something here.Taylor should of got
"Best new artist" or something complimentary,she's still in the testing waters arena for me,like Britney when she was a virgin still.Taylor's music is alot like Mandy moores when she was first in the spot light,very entry level relationship focused with globs of still a virgin,not that i'm picking on that,just saying thats how it comes accross..and usually in 2yrs they don't have anymore staying power.

[This message has been edited by mr9000 (edited 09-21-2009).]

#271676 - 09/21/09 07:23 PM Re: I No longer loath Mr.West
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
mr9000 ... I can't imagine that Taylor Swift could EVER make a video that would be better than Beyonce's ... if she does, Beyonce should fire her producers ...
But that doesn't make Kayne West ANY LESS WRONG with what he did ...
Giving the award to Taylor Swift may have shown POOR judgment, but what Kanye did showed NO judgment ... it was a rude and ignorant move on his part and he DISrespected EVERYONE there ...
He is STILL 100% wrong for doing what he did ...

chas ... once again 'media hype' fans the flames ...

t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 09-21-2009).]

#271677 - 09/22/09 12:07 AM Re: I No longer loath Mr.West
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I can't believe that anyone seriously thinks that the fix isn't in for any of these media conglomerate driven, so called 'award shows', and I can't believe that Kanye West, after being the beneficiary of the fix being in in the past, wasn't acutely aware of it being 'in' for little Taylor Swift this time around.

What a storm in a teacup! As if there weren't things of monumental import actually going on the same minute in the US as well as around the world. That this should have taken a millisecond away from our attention to health care reform, financial regulation needs and the Wars (yes, there are still more than one!), let alone the President's, is merely a sign of how far we have fallen...

Reality check, folks. These things have ALWAYS been fixed, always will be fixed, and some prat will always pull some desperate stunt to attract attention.

Next.

#271678 - 09/22/09 04:50 AM Re: I No longer loath Mr.West
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
Don't the fans vote for these awards?
"Taylor Swift Wins Best Female Video"

And didn't Beyoncé win the top prize?

"Beyoncé Wins Video Of The Year"

She Beat out male, female, group......

or is it just that Swift is a "country pop" artist that makes us think she is not deserving?

maybe the teen girls that vote could relate to her song or the artist

[This message has been edited by mikeathome1 (edited 09-22-2009).]

#271679 - 09/22/09 08:26 AM Re: I No longer loath Mr.West
mr9000 Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mikeathome1:
[B]Don't the fans vote for these awards?
"Taylor Swift Wins Best Female Video"
And didn't Beyoncé win the top prize?
is it just that Swift is a "country pop" artist that makes us think she is not deserving?
maybe the teen girls that vote could relate to her song or the artist
QUOTE]

It is NOT about what genre of music a artist comes from at all!It is about substance,quality etc.Swift's work is so lackluster when it comes to video's.Why are teenies so dominant in the voting,where are the adults?are they excluded in their precious little scamed out polls?
If Taylor gets the nod of reconition,well then i want to see 'Lights' and
'Pussycat Dolls'('Jai HO',thats an awesome eastern sounding little diddy!) get some complimentary awards for their work also?have they NOT recieved any
awards because they are NOT country then?There are way more deserving artist than Taylor's work,she hasn't really even found herself yet,as her music is based on first loves & overly innocence and girly stuff that's just not applicable to adult ears, she WILL go the way of 'oh ya i remember her whatever happened to her" in a few years should she keep this entry level first relationships on her fore front.I surely would not of voted her in,and it has nothing to do with hatred or genre,there's truthfully just not much going on beatwise/emotion and more to the point She's just not ready for fighting in the music octagon like ring YET(keyword)..she's cute!..cute doesn't equate receivership of such awards,and this is where the rudeness of Kayne stepped in,he was merely just a fustrated rant that forgot he was'nt online and that could just easily delete his post/behaviour,he was pointing out a "are you kidding me" statement,though it bit into his fancy lad arse.
I guess it took me until 2009 to say "hey
wait a second,this is clearly favoritism/pull going on before me"

[This message has been edited by mr9000 (edited 09-22-2009).]

#271680 - 09/22/09 09:10 AM Re: I No longer loath Mr.West
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by mr9000:
[QUOTE]

Why are teenies so dominant in the voting,where are the adults?are they excluded in their precious little scamed out polls?

[This message has been edited by mr9000 (edited 09-22-2009).]

mr9000 You're kidding, right ?!? ... do you know ANY ADULTS who vote for these things??? ... do YOU vote ??? ... does anyone here KNOW WHERE to vote???
Does anyone here vote in these polls ... c'mon ... if you vote for these awards raise your hand ... right or left, this is a non-political poll ...
This stuff is all about the teeny-boppers ...

t.

#271681 - 09/22/09 09:59 AM Re: I No longer loath Mr.West
mr9000 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
mr9000 You're kidding, right ?!? ... do you know ANY ADULTS who vote for these things??? ... do YOU vote ??? ... does anyone here KNOW WHERE to vote???
Does anyone here vote in these polls ... c'mon ... if you vote for these awards raise your hand ... right or left, this is a non-political poll ...
This stuff is all about the teeny-boppers ..

Well that sparks my interest,how are the teenies voting?
Does anyone know this?Perhaps this what was behind the entire 'Project Kayne'..i mean why don't those with maturity V.S. those baring zits seek this issue out?why don;t we vote/care who's voted into musical prestige,offices?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online