SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#271692 - 09/23/09 07:38 PM Re: I No longer loath Mr.West
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Tony, I think we ALL thought it was rude (I don't really like the word 'ignorant') behavior. But I think the question mr9000 is asking is, WHY DOES IT BOTHER US SO MUCH? Rude behavior happens in the music business all the time, but we ignore 99% of it, not try to conjure up a lynch mob. As mr9000 pointed out, this isn't even a segment of the music industry that most of us (ol' farts) even care about. So why such an 'over-the-top' emotional response. I asked a few posts back if the response would have been the same if the principals had been different people. I'll let you (as in 'each of you') answer that for yourself.

Sometimes mr9000 makes a lot of sense once you decode his messages . At least he took the time to rethink his position. I admire people who can do that.

An interesting side note: not once during all of this, the incident and the aftermath, did Mr. West go 'potty mouth', which is way more than we can say about those who would have him drawn and quartered.

chas

#271693 - 09/24/09 07:13 AM Re: I No longer loath Mr.West
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Tony, I think we ALL thought it was rude (I don't really like the word 'ignorant') behavior. ......

An interesting side note: not once during all of this, the incident and the aftermath, did Mr. West go 'potty mouth', which is way more than we can say about those who would have him drawn and quartered.

chas

That's the part that bothers me chas ... why SHOULDN'T we be bothered by rude behavior (I'll drop the ignorant part because that implies a lack of knowledge - and Kanye West should have known better) ...

I increasingly see the deterioration of respectful behavior in society so I get upset with that ... as I've said before, look at what the children are watching even under the title of 'children's shows' such as seen on the Disney channel: wisecrack comments to other kids and adults; lack of respect for other people and or their property; etc., etc., etc. ... I won't even go into the video 'games' ... How will this society interact with each other in 20, 30 years ... how are they interacting with each other NOW ???

I look at this situation no differently than two adults having a conversation and another just barges in and talks over the one who was speaking ... it is RUDE behavior...
And YES, I think the Senator who yelled "LIAR" was RUDE ...

And as far as the 'potty mouth', good for him... but I still consider what he did as rude behavior ...

And while I may not be long for this world, I worry about the society my grandchildren will be surrounded by ...

t.

PS sorry chas ... I misread your reply and had to make a slight change to mine ...

t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 09-24-2009).]

#271694 - 09/24/09 07:31 AM Re: I No longer loath Mr.West
tony mads usa Offline

chas ... I am not just upset over this incident ... I am pretty active in campaigning against MUCH of what is shown on TV and movies, broadcast over the airwaves, etc.

Next target - "Mixed Martial Arts" on CBS network TV ...
Michael Vick went to jail for allowing pit bulls to fight each other into submission ... we put two humans in a ring with the same intent and call it sport ...
How CBS can find moral justification to put MMA on national 'free' TV is beyond me ...

t.

PS ... I'll get off my soap box now ...
and "Back to the music" ...

t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 09-24-2009).]

#271695 - 09/24/09 09:01 AM Re: I No longer loath Mr.West
cgiles Offline

No Tony, don't get off your soapbox. You're preaching to the choir as I agree with you 100%. In fact a 'true believer' against violence and rude behavior in general, like you, is not the person I'm referring to in my post. It's the hardcore 'haters' who look for incidents like this as an excuse to unleash their true feelings on social issues that have little to do with this specific event. I don't consider you a part of THAT group. As Diki pointed out, there are lots more things happening in this world right now for us to get riled up about than this singular incident.

chas

#271696 - 09/24/09 10:04 AM Re: I No longer loath Mr.West
tony mads usa Offline

AGREED ......
Not referring to this incident, the problem is too many of us let 'single incidents' go by without a word, and then before you know it, it becomes 'overlooked' - if not accepted - behavior ...
We need more 'singers' in our 'choir' ...
t.

#271697 - 09/24/09 01:14 PM Re: I No longer loath Mr.West
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
In all fairness, we can't really blame the younger generations for this malaise. WE gave them years of 'self-esteem' based education and childrearing. WE gave them the 'Just Do It!' mentality, WE gave up on generations of child rearing experience for 'time outs' and trying to 'persuade' our kids the error of their ways. WE got so self absorbed in our own venal greed and crass materialism that they could not HELP but pick it up from us (and when I say WE, I mean us Boomers and Greatest Generation types).

We sowed the seeds of this crop. Educators, advertising executives and television programmers from OUR generation started all this. We don't honestly have much moral high ground to criticize the inevitable consequences...

#271698 - 09/24/09 01:41 PM Re: I No longer loath Mr.West
cgiles Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
WE gave up on generations of child rearing experience for 'time outs' ...

That's true. The only 'time out' we got was an EMT trying to revive us.

chas

#271699 - 09/24/09 02:00 PM Re: I No longer loath Mr.West
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
About the only 'time out' that was ever effective on my hellion younger years was the threat that I was forbidden to play the piano for a week, or so.

But that wasn't satisfying to my Dad often enough!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online