Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#271682 - 09/22/09 10:29 AM Re: I No longer loath Mr.West
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by mr9000:
Well that sparks my interest,how are the teenies voting?
Does anyone know this?Perhaps this what was behind the entire 'Project Kayne'..i mean why don't those with maturity V.S. those baring zits seek this issue out?why don;t we vote/care who's voted into musical prestige,offices?

Somehow the 'young ones' find this stuff out ...Perhaps the adults don't see it as that important ... and we have enough problems voting for our city, state, and Federal leaders !!!
And before the incendiary flames are fanned, I DO NOT MEAN THAT AS A REFLECTION ON ANY INDIVIDUAL OR POLITICAL PARTY CURRENTLY IN OFFICE!!!

t.

#271683 - 09/22/09 01:03 PM Re: I No longer loath Mr.West
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
"she hasn't really even found herself yet,as her music is based on first loves & overly innocence and girly stuff that's just not applicable to adult ears"

exactly now you understand! A target audience that's not us. speaking solely for myself, of course.

It is after all, a popularity contest, not a musical contest.
I've probably never heard anything Taylor Swift does but anyone that sells a few million records and has a that number of fans deserves some respect in the "Entertainment Industry".

where should we start the list bay city rollers, Kiss, Jonas Bros, New Kids....... every generation has them.
My generation had bubble gum, psychedelic, the twist, Monkeys, disco... all the fads some more successful than others but none of them accused of turning out great musical master pieces.
My father thought the Beatles were a communist plot to take over the youth of America.

What if that jerk did that to Sinatra or Jeff Beck or one of the Jazz greats or someone, anyone that you do respect.

It was wrong, it was selfish, self indulgent and the epitome of bad manners and destructive behavior. And I understand he has disrupted shows in the past,.. he should be banned from the building for future shows.

[This message has been edited by mikeathome1 (edited 09-22-2009).]

#271684 - 09/22/09 01:13 PM Re: I No longer loath Mr.West
mikeathome1 Offline

To even suggest that it's ok because of who he did it to is equally in bad taste.
In my humble opinion

[This message has been edited by mikeathome1 (edited 09-22-2009).]

#271685 - 09/22/09 02:36 PM Re: I No longer loath Mr.West
124 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mikeathome1:
[B
My father thought the Beatles were a communist plot to take over the youth of America.
[/B]

LOL! Mike. That gave me a chuckle. A night manager at a certain USAF base banned us from playing 'Back in The U.S.S.R.' because he thought it was a pro-Communist song.

#271686 - 09/22/09 03:08 PM Re: I No longer loath Mr.West
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Democracy, whether for national affairs or for a popularity competition, is only as representative as the watchdogs MAKE it.

What worries me, especially since the election of 2000, is how cavalierly we accept the results, either when tight (as in 2000) or when obviously obtained by fraud (as in Afghanistan), or when no-one has any idea of the mechanism for counting the vote. Is there anything to stop someone 'voting' at the VMA's multiple times for an artist they like. Do they have ANY say whatsoever in who get nominated? Is there ANY third party supervision of the count?

We should take as much notice of who 'wins' these VMA 'elections' as we do of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's 'win' in Iran. Basically, as soon as you know the fix is 'in', ignore these idiots completely..! In a way, Kanye's outburst at the VMA's means as much as the orchestrated anti-Ahmadinejad protests, 'organized' by his opposition (who, from all media accounts, is hardly ANY improvement over Mahmoud Ahmadinejad ). It's just one prat getting all up in the grille of another about an election they BOTH knew was fixed

#271687 - 09/22/09 04:39 PM Re: I No longer loath Mr.West
mikeathome1 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

We should take as much notice of who 'wins' these VMA 'elections' as we do of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's 'win' in Iran. Basically, as soon as you know the fix is 'in', ignore these idiots completely..! In a way, Kanye's outburst at the VMA's means as much as the orchestrated anti-Ahmadinejad protests, 'organized' by his opposition (who, from all media accounts, is hardly ANY improvement over Mahmoud Ahmadinejad ). It's just one prat getting all up in the grille of another about an election they BOTH knew was fixed

So from now on anybody that jumps on stage grabs a mic and interrupts a performance, it's perfectly alright because of the election in IRAN?

#271688 - 09/22/09 07:19 PM Re: I No longer loath Mr.West
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
And just exactly how do you extrapolate that from my post?

Is there a single sentence that says it's alright?

#271689 - 09/23/09 08:02 AM Re: I No longer loath Mr.West
mr9000 Offline

Double post

[This message has been edited by mr9000 (edited 09-23-2009).]

#271690 - 09/23/09 08:03 AM Re: I No longer loath Mr.West
mr9000 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mikeathome1:
exactly now you understand! A target audience that's not us. speaking solely for myself, of course.
It is after all, a popularity contest, not a musical contest.

Well then,if it's just a target audience that's not us..why ever do we care for the kayne/taylor episode that went down to begin with,if were not inclusive to the event..why then are the adults 'suddenly' boo'n and responding to and bothering to make a stink about it?
However,my anger towards this entire event is completely at a luke warm state,as i shall never even watch this madness of scripted crap ever again,they lost a whole viewer to ever waste another heartbeat over their 'popularity contests,oh the humanity of my eternal absence!Alas,it is you i loath music corpration in your infancy elementary schooling.
R.I.Pieces VMA's.

#271691 - 09/23/09 05:53 PM Re: I No longer loath Mr.West
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by mr9000:
..why ever do we care for the kayne/taylor episode that went down to begin with,if were not inclusive to the event..why then are the adults 'suddenly' boo'n and responding to and bothering to make a stink about it?

Because it wasRUDE AND IGNORANT BEHAVIOR ...
What is it about that you do not understand mr9000?
... my being 'angered' - and I think the same holds true for a lot of others - had nothing to do with WHO did it or WHY he did it, but the fact THAT he did it ... no human being has the right to insult another like that NO MATTER WHAT THE REASON !!!

t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 09-23-2009).]

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online