SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#269865 - 08/29/09 08:36 PM Re: PA2x -v- Audya
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Diki,
for me the midi side of the recording wouldn't probably be all that difficult.
Setup up a generic song ie intro v1, f1, v2 f2 etc in step record mode, & just change the style ( might need a few to cater for the different length intro's) & maybe limit the vari's to 4 bars?? or something, or else these files could get really large.

It's the mp3 part that I'm not good at. PT12 saves as a wav, then I have to put it thru a wav editor & save. The editor I've got's pretty basic, came as part of my dell laptop software and only saves at 128?? ( I think)
best wishes
Rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I'm thinking of using my Zoom... it has an option to automatically stop and start recording when it hears a gap, so all I have to do is call up the style, hit Intro 4 (I think I'm just going to record Intro 4 and Ending 4, the complex ones, they pretty much usually have the same sounds as 1,2 &3), and press start. then I play each of the Var's, (auto fill on), Ending 4, and wait for it to end, the Zoom will stop recording and re-arm, call up the next style, rinse and repeat...

It ought to be a cool rainy day project (or rainy week!)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#269866 - 08/29/09 11:21 PM Re: PA2x -v- Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Hi All,

I am going to get you all back on track with my setup of this thread, Audya -v- Korg PA2x.

I now have both.

LOADING UPGRADES Audya -v- Korg PA2x.
The Audya you need a PC near to the KB and a long USB cable, Korg you just need a memory stick, Ketron have made the whole thing a painful, Korg is simple.

The Korg manual is 1" thick the Audya is half of that, Korg manual graphs are clear and readable the Ketron are not readable.

The Songs in the Song list in the Korg are badly translated for instance MY WAY say by Frank Sinatra would be named THE WAY I DO THINGS its called reading between the lines.

Auyda does not have a SONG LIST as such - well about 10 compositions so they can't be blamed for getting this one wrong.

I will keep you informed on the fly!

Regards

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 08-30-2009).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#269867 - 08/30/09 12:30 AM Re: PA2x -v- Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

If you want to drive a LCD screen off the Korg you need to dig into your pocket and add a driver card even then I can't see how you would connect to a PC LCD screen the plug set-up looks like a full TV only _ that would be difficult at gig a 42" Plasma to sing to!!!!! The Ketron just plugs in thus the diffence in price
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#269868 - 08/30/09 01:21 AM Re: PA2x -v- Audya
Jose Pereira Offline

Loc: Funchal Portugal
Hi Tony!

Yes! Finally a true comparison.

As far as I remember, the styles in PA2X are weak (sounds robotic, more quantized than Tyros2) and for everyone here, I think have listened a few Audya`s styles. Audya wins.
Now, we also know that there`s almost no sound programability in Audya (Korg forte) but, how Audya`s sound out of the box compared to PA2X? Please compare Pianos, accordions, saxes, brass, guitars, well, mostly acoustic sounds (PA2X wins in synth sounds, no doubt)
Which one is more intuitive for working? (think as you never reads the manual first)
And please, compare several SMF between machines too.

Oh, and finally, with a good PA, which one sounds more full, alive?
Thanks in advance!
Best Reagards
Jose Pereira

#269869 - 08/30/09 02:33 AM Re: PA2x -v- Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Jose,

The string sounds on the Korg are far better than Audya

The music rest on the Audya was design by Pennine Faraoni, the Korg rest was made from a crash damaged scrap Ferrari and welded up by a blind man, or it's off an old Bontempi.

Looking at the Korg PA2x rest it's simialr to going into a gents toilet and find the urinal bowl has been fitted up to high!

Well Jose you wanted a honesty opinion it's not all in the sound quality you know!

Why don't Korg and Ketron share their samples get the best and then it is all down to ergonomics, led, buttons and price

The rear connection labels are great on the Korg you can see at a glance what goes where. The Audya you will pull it off it's stand and drop it on the floor to see the connections if the KB is up against a wall.

Regards Jose

I still can't see the £1700.00 diffence perhaps my eyes are going as well as my ears!

I am going to take the top of both and examine the technology, I think a cost to build at the factory for an Audya will be no more than £750.00.may be less.

#269870 - 08/30/09 02:48 AM Re: PA2x -v- Audya
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Tony,
congratulations on the keyboards.

My Ketron SD1 manual was one of the worst I've ever tried to make sense of.

I don't know if it's also the case with the PA2x, but, there was an additional manual on the cd rom that came with my PA800.
An advanced manual on sound editing & sampling etc.

The obscure song names are annoying, there is translated song book floating around.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#269871 - 08/30/09 03:06 AM Re: PA2x -v- Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Rikki,

Thanks.

It's rather simple the same Italian who transulates the names of the songs, writes the operating manual for Ketron, he's call Man-u-well, get it, it's a joke!!

Sorry they don't get much better!

The Korg PA2x manual is twice as thick as the Audya I haven't started to read it yet.

Perhaps best not to just bum along - only when in doubt read the man-u-well.

Regards

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online