SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#268874 - 08/07/09 11:32 AM Good news from Roland?
Rolman Offline

Loc: Germany

#268875 - 08/07/09 11:55 AM Re: Good news from Roland?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I wouldn't get your arranger hopes up...

#268876 - 08/07/09 12:09 PM Re: Good news from Roland?
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
With the reduction in the number of Roland Arrangers (Although the E series are still showing on the UK site) and plenty being launched by the competition, the possibility is there. (So no harm in hoping)

#268877 - 08/07/09 12:28 PM Re: Good news from Roland?
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Just read this on Roland UK Website

Roland Connect 2009
On September 1, 2009, Roland will launch a new and innovative lineup of musical products via a unique web exhibition called Roland Connect 2009.

The virtual event will debut some exciting new products — from a professional stage instrument to desktop home-studio gear — covering a wide range of musical genres and product categories.

The site will be officially opened to the public on September 1, 2009.

#268878 - 08/07/09 12:33 PM Re: Good news from Roland?
Diki Offline

Well, I'm buying a backup G70 this weekend (used), so I guess I'd better keep my fingers crossed...

But if Roland push the TOTL up into Audya and T3 price range, I think, unless it is SO technologically and sonically advanced that I can't resist (and I'm a very good resistor!), the G70 might be my last arranger for a VERY long time.

Probably a good job I like it so much, eh?

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 08-07-2009).]

#268879 - 08/11/09 12:58 AM Re: Good news from Roland?
Burkels Offline

Loc: Alkmaar, The Netherlands, Euro...
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham UK:

The site will be officially opened to the public on September 1, 2009.

It is up already, and if you wait for the animations to finish, you can download a Roland clock for your PC. :-)
http://www.rolandconnect.com

------------------
- THE DUTCH KEYBOARD FORUM
http://www.keyboardforum.nl
Happy owner of a Roland E-80 V2

#268880 - 08/11/09 06:24 AM Re: Good news from Roland?
leezone Offline

if we get an arranger with AUDYA realism on drums, guitars, bass, (audio loops)
GREAT authentic styles (including latin) and
ROLAND build quality...

...i'm ALL OVER IT !!!

#268881 - 08/11/09 08:01 AM Re: Good news from Roland?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Well, I'm buying a backup G70 this weekend (used), so I guess I'd better keep my fingers crossed...

But if Roland push the TOTL up into Audya and T3 price range, I think, unless it is SO technologically and sonically advanced that I can't resist (and I'm a very good resistor!), the G70 might be my last arranger for a VERY long time.

Probably a good job I like it so much, eh?

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 08-07-2009).]

Diki, did you buy Vince's G70?

#268882 - 08/11/09 12:19 PM Re: Good news from Roland?
Diki Offline

Yep... I have got to the point where, if no further Roland's appear, I won't be jumping ship for anything out currently.

Sorry, but the inability to edit audio based arrangers makes them a no go for me. I am looking not so much for realism (although, especially in the drums department, the G70 can compete with much of the Ketron and Korg's, certainly sufficient for live use), but more for individuality... With audio loops, you can't change a rock kit to a brush kit, an electric guitar to an acoustic, or any of the things that can radically (or subtly) change one style into another.

Roland make this process the easiest of any arranger manufacturer, so, while it seems unlikely that any new TOTL product is in the pipe (Roland would be unlikely to launch this now, rather than back at NAMM), their current, discontinued product STILL has the edge at this essential feature (at least, for me!).

At this point, it seems prudent to have a backup, although I have gigged constantly for four solid years without one. I cannot envision the horror of HAVING to move to another platform should my G70 get stolen, damaged or just plain break down. What are my options in a 76? PA2Xpro... I have played this, not THAT impressed, far too few fills. Audya... too expensive, too preset. Yamaha... no 76's. Guess I HAVE to get a spare!

#268883 - 08/11/09 12:55 PM Re: Good news from Roland?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Yep... I have got to the point where, if no further Roland's appear, I won't be jumping ship for anything out currently.

Sorry, but the inability to edit audio based arrangers makes them a no go for me. I am looking not so much for realism (although, especially in the drums department, the G70 can compete with much of the Ketron and Korg's, certainly sufficient for live use), but more for individuality... With audio loops, you can't change a rock kit to a brush kit, an electric guitar to an acoustic, or any of the things that can radically (or subtly) change one style into another.

Roland make this process the easiest of any arranger manufacturer, so, while it seems unlikely that any new TOTL product is in the pipe (Roland would be unlikely to launch this now, rather than back at NAMM), their current, discontinued product STILL has the edge at this essential feature (at least, for me!).

At this point, it seems prudent to have a backup, although I have gigged constantly for four solid years without one. I cannot envision the horror of HAVING to move to another platform should my G70 get stolen, damaged or just plain break down. What are my options in a 76? PA2Xpro... I have played this, not THAT impressed, far too few fills. Audya... too expensive, too preset. Yamaha... no 76's. Guess I HAVE to get a spare!

I totally agree with you....The G70 is simply unbeatable...and for what we can pick up G70's for...talk about "bang for the buck"...There is no better deal...

I could never figure out why folks dismissed the G70 so quickly...and lose money on it too....

Side by side ..The G70 is considerably the better keyboard over the E80...Keys, range, and to me the G70 sounds better...(there is a difference)...The one thing the E80 does better than the G70...They reworked the GM table for SMF's...No tweaking is needed , where we automatically select the grand X and V drums on the G70..The E80 already covers the change with it's selected tones..

The E80 offers me just enough of a difference to keep me content and is the perfect back up too..

I too, can wait till Roland releases the new top model...and yes I know it is coming and have insight why they are delaying the launch..

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online