SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#268884 - 08/11/09 01:17 PM Re: Good news from Roland?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I would be willing to bet that half the G70 detractors have never even played one! And the other half come from OS's so alien (as moving from a Roland to any other would be for me) that overcoming the hurdles puts too much of a damper on the enjoyment of the sounds.

I really feel the G70 is the arranger for anyone that plays extensively with live musicians. Not only will it hold it's head up soundwise with any other WS out there, it'll do it faster, easier and with less stress on the gig if you have to set up sounds for a song. THEN you can take it out on a solo or duo gig, and have drums that sound as live as your real drummer, and have a huge library of different rhythms you can use (unlike the limited library of audio loop arrangers).

Right now, with great condition used G70's floating around the $2000 mark, bang for the buck rests squarely with one of these. Only a couple of hundred more than an S900, 76 pro keys and construction (and yes, weight! ), a piano to die for (still none better in an arrger, IMO), the best B3 sim in an arranger, and a huge modern and legacy library.

Glad I got mine...

#268885 - 08/11/09 01:54 PM Re: Good news from Roland?
leezone Offline

Diki,

i too love my G-70 lots,
but i find myself using my Ketron XD3 more and more...
it just "cuts" through my PA better
it's gotta be those drums...
the proof is on my dancefloor :-)

question:
why another G-70?
why not the GW-8 JUST for backup
it's ALOT lighter and CHEAPER,

#268886 - 08/11/09 02:05 PM Re: Good news from Roland?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
Diki,

i too love my G-70 lots,
but i find myself using my Ketron XD3 more and more...
it just "cuts" through my PA better
it's gotta be those drums...
the proof is on my dancefloor :-)

question:
why another G-70?
why not the GW-8 JUST for backup
it's ALOT lighter and CHEAPER,

Because...a back up can soon become the primary..and who would rather have a GW-8 over a G70 for your main keyboard...Not I..

#268887 - 08/11/09 02:15 PM Re: Good news from Roland?
leezone Offline

i was thinking a 1-night backup, just in case
but i guess then you gotta fix your broken one, etc,

my backup/main is my XD3

so between my G-70 AND my Ketron module, i'm good to go... :-)

#268888 - 08/11/09 08:53 PM Re: Good news from Roland?
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Something's in the air with Roland.....I think. I thought I'd take another look at the GW-8 but now I can't find one in any of the stores. They used to give them out as party favors when you shopped there. Now they're as rare as covered wagons. Maybe they're changing their whole arranger lineup? Yeah, and fish fly in a full moon!

Lucky

#268889 - 08/12/09 04:55 AM Re: Good news from Roland?
Mockie Offline

Loc: Dublin Ireland
I'm on the brink of buying a new KORG PA2XPRO.I think I'll wait and see what Roland have to offer.
It would be great if they released a new 76 note arranger. I would expect it to be expensive but more than likely well worth the price.

Frank

#268890 - 08/12/09 07:58 AM Re: Good news from Roland?
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
You guys really think Roland will announce a TOTL aranger in Sept...and there is no rumers about it???

I would be very surprized indeed...

But..It would be cool.

Lee S.

#268891 - 08/12/09 11:09 AM Re: Good news from Roland?
Diki Offline

I had a GW-8 for a while. Although, technically, it is style compatible with the G70, there's a LOT of work involved in getting them to sound right. The lack of ANY onboard style editing tools other than mere volume and pan controls for style parts makes adjusting the part sounds and kits (they are not 100% compatible) a trial and erro process in the G70.... transfer style to GW-8, listen to what you want changed, go back to G70, make adjustments, transfer to GW-8, listen to adjustments (finally), go back to G70, make more adjustments, transfer to GW-8, listen again, and so on...

Sorry, but my idea of a backup is something you load the EXACT same data in as is in your main axe, and go out and gig. Not spend months so it can do that...

#268892 - 08/12/09 11:36 AM Re: Good news from Roland?
leezone Offline

so Diki,

everyone that uses an AUDYA should just go out and buy another one just for backup? :-)

#268893 - 08/12/09 12:02 PM Re: Good news from Roland?
Diki Offline

They may have to, given the reports of problems with them we have heard

Bottom line is, if you use something other than a duplicate of what your primary arranger is, you DOUBLE your preparation workload. Who, in their right minds, wants to do that? If I've GOT double the time available, I've got time to prepare DOUBLE the tunes...

There's no way to transfer all the Audya's audio loop rhythms to any other arranger. You want to work with those, you GOT to have another Audya (or a nearby dealer with a spare!). Little chance of either, IMO...

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online