SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#268589 - 08/02/09 11:34 PM What do you think of the Korg OASYS
Tony Hughes Offline

Can anyone help
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#268590 - 08/03/09 12:11 AM Re: What do you think of the Korg OASYS
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I think it is discontinued and no longer supported...
http://www.karma-lab.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=14642

#268591 - 08/03/09 12:24 AM Re: What do you think of the Korg OASYS
Diki Offline

Just like the G70...

(thought I'd get that in before someone beat me up with it! )

#268592 - 08/03/09 03:36 AM Re: What do you think of the Korg OASYS
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
One of the most beautiful keyboards to play,but cost a lot.

Impuls.

#268593 - 08/03/09 04:17 AM Re: What do you think of the Korg OASYS
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
I have one, so if there is anything specific you need to know just shout.

It is now discontinued, but far from unsupported. If you go to KORG Forums you can talk with the developers who actually built the OASYS. They hang out and help whenever they can.

The OASYS is magnificent but not just for what features it has, but for how well it sounds. It has a clarity that far exceeds everything else and this is something non-OASYS users just don't get.

I had to get one myself and live with it for a short time until the penny dropped. When sequencing you get super wide mixes that have a clarity that's hard to describe.

Everything just sounds fresh and clearly defined. The mix never sounds cluttered or tracks lost.

I've sold every keyboard I own except for the M3 at this point because of owning the OASYS. It just made everything else pointless for me as the sound is so good.

My M3 will be going up for sale in about 6 weeks too.

Regards
James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 08-03-2009).]

#268594 - 08/03/09 04:18 AM Re: What do you think of the Korg OASYS
Irishacts Offline

Double post... sorry.

#268595 - 08/03/09 07:23 AM Re: What do you think of the Korg OASYS
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
I have one, so if there is anything specific you need to know just shout.

It is now discontinued, but far from unsupported. If you go to KORG Forums you can talk with the developers who actually built the OASYS. They hang out and help whenever they can.

The OASYS is magnificent but not just for what features it has, but for how well it sounds. It has a clarity that far exceeds everything else and this is something non-OASYS users just don't get.

I had to get one myself and live with it for a short time until the penny dropped. When sequencing you get super wide mixes that have a clarity that's hard to describe.

Everything just sounds fresh and clearly defined. The mix never sounds cluttered or tracks lost.

I've sold every keyboard I own except for the M3 at this point because of owning the OASYS. It just made everything else pointless for me as the sound is so good.

My M3 will be going up for sale in about 6 weeks too.

Regards
James

So it sounds as if you like it.

I've never heard one, but you make it sound great!
DonM

#268596 - 08/03/09 07:59 AM Re: What do you think of the Korg OASYS
Irishacts Offline

Yeah, in all my years playing keyboards the OASYS has had the biggest impact on me and how I work. KORG haven't built the perfect workstation yet, but the OASYS it's pretty darn close.

Perfection for me would be to simply add the DBeat from Open Labs to my OASYS. I'd have everything I could ever want between the two of those.

Actually the DBeat would be a great companion for any arranger user looking for the best of both the hardware world and software world.

Regards
James

#268597 - 08/03/09 08:14 AM Re: What do you think of the Korg OASYS
Diki Offline

It's a shame, in a way, that the Korg isn't more 'open' in the MS and Neko sense. While it IS an all software driven keyboard, you can't add VSTi's to it to make it what you want it to be (only those that Korg have developed for it).

It would have, IMO, made the perfect 'open' keyboard. That is, one that, BEFORE you have to add in what else YOU want, is already one of the best sounding, best operating keyboards there are, and THEN you could put the icing on the cake and add in the VSTi's that you need for your specific area of music. Unlike some that allow all the VSTi's you want, but can't be bothered to make the thing an excellent keyboard to START with...

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 08-03-2009).]

#268598 - 08/03/09 08:21 AM Re: What do you think of the Korg OASYS
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi DonM
http://www.korg.com/oasys

Includes Demos

Bill

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online