SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#268467 - 08/08/09 06:22 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the August #3 eJam
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I think there are two camps when it comes to this months selections; those who are willing to try Jambalaya (but have the good sense to stay away from As Time Goes By) and the rest, who might try this genre' but not this particular tune. This is the kind of song that can be beautiful in the hands of a super-skilled, super-talented professional (think Sinatra, Oscar Peterson, Nat Cole, etc.) but in lesser hands is likely to produce little more than a gag reflex (sorry, SZ's, but let's be realistic here).

I realize that music (tastes) is(are) subjective but, some tunes are 'kinder' to performers than others. Those are the ones we should probably stick to.

chas

#268468 - 08/08/09 09:49 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the August #3 eJam
Retired Offline

Loc: England
chas
This is the kind of song that can be beautiful in the hands of a super-skilled, super-talented professional (think Sinatra, Oscar Peterson, Nat Cole, etc.) but in lesser hands is likely to produce little more than a gag reflex (sorry, SZ's, but let's be realistic here) .

In the spirit of :- “ This is not a contest but an expo of the various playing and presentation styles of our SynthZone members”. = And to keep the e-jam alive,= here is the attempt of an, untutored hobbyist
playing keyboardist, who enjoys every minuet of it. If my music offends any one, I apologise.

‘Jambalaya’

[This message has been edited by Retired (edited 08-08-2009).]

#268469 - 08/08/09 10:09 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the August #3 eJam
Retired Offline

Woops
‘Jambalaya’ played on the Yamaha psr-s900. Styles, 70’s chart Cntry, Spanish Paso, Cntry Sing-a-long,
Bluegrass. Plus Multi Pads
Fred Wren.
http://www.box.net/shared/9jlki3aqyn

#268470 - 08/08/09 10:49 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the August #3 eJam
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Retired:
chas

In the spirit of :- “ This is not a contest but an expo of the various playing and presentation styles of our SynthZone members”. = And to keep the e-jam alive,= here is the attempt of an, untutored hobbyist
playing keyboardist, who enjoys every minuet of it. If my music offends any one, I apologise.

‘Jambalaya’

Sorry Fred, guilt trips don't work on me, my wife's been trying for years without success. I merely expressed an opinion about one of the song selections this month (you know, the one you studiously avoided ...along with everyone else). I believe that's still allowed. The tone of your post might lead one to believe you were trying to rally the troops against me (probably just paranoia on my part) while simultaneously offering an advance apology for your presentation. My advice (should you want it ), save your energy. I haven't had time to listen to your 'Jambalaya' yet, but I'm sure you don't need to apologize for it.

chas (another 'retired', cranky, ol' fart - just ask Fran )

[This message has been edited by cgiles (edited 08-08-2009).]

#268471 - 08/08/09 04:41 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the August #3 eJam
Retired Offline

Hi chas,
I have obviously expressed my self badly.
It was never my intention to cause conflict.
I mistakenly thought you were talking about
Jambalaya, I had the other song ready to go.
I will certainly take your advice.
You are doing a great job with the SZ E-jam.
Good by.
Fred Wren

#268472 - 08/08/09 06:22 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the August #3 eJam
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
The Harmonicats, Lady of Spain... you got it all , Fred. BTW, I'm Cass, the younger ol'fart you sent your first mp3 to. Chas is the ornery one.

#268473 - 08/08/09 07:03 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the August #3 eJam
Retired Offline

Hi Cass,
Thank you for your kind remarks.

You are right, I thought it was you
I was replying to, I had no intention
of causing conflict, (it’s a waste of time.)
but trying to encourage other keyboard
hobbyists to join in. I would like to see
the e-jam grow.

I certainly got my wires crossed.
It’s at times like this that I realise that
old age is creeping up fast.

And you are doing a great job with the e-jam
Fred Wren

[This message has been edited by Retired (edited 08-08-2009).]

#268474 - 08/08/09 08:22 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the August #3 eJam
Dnj Offline

Great Job Fred!! Nice playing loved both versions....they only thing you caused is happiness in listening to your very kool styles of Jambalaya....anyone that doesn't participate in the jam I just ignore their replies..quit the excuses & keep em coming people.

#268475 - 08/08/09 09:36 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the August #3 eJam
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
I would recorded with singing too since its my favorite song, i can pull up quit a good melody
but it will suck with my foreign accent...lol.

#268476 - 08/08/09 09:56 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the August #3 eJam
124 Offline

Oh, I don't know about that, Nedim. It might prove quite interesting. Singing with an accent never did any harm to Enrique Iglesias and others.

Fred. Thanks for putting your rendition up. I don't give a rats whether you're a hobbyist or the next Peter Baartmans. You sat down, played the way you enjoy, and shared a bit of yourself with everyone here. That's all anyone does in this great e-Jam deal, Would that more would do the same. Kudos to ya, Fred, and keep 'em coming.

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online