SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#267986 - 07/23/09 11:33 AM Re: My new Juno Stage 76
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Fran.., how do you like the Vocoder on the Juno Stage? I can't wait to dig into the Vocoder on my Juno-Di. I've talked to many owners on YouTube who LOVE the Stage's Vocoder.... I'm physched because the Juno-Di's Vocoder will allow you to use the internal tone generator for your source patch (outside of using the few presets they provide).

I'm going to program a TalkBox Patch for my Di's vocoder when I get it.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#267987 - 07/23/09 12:20 PM Re: My new Juno Stage 76
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Fran.., how do you like the Vocoder on the Juno Stage? I can't wait to dig into the Vocoder on my Juno-Di. I've talked to many owners on YouTube who LOVE the Stage's Vocoder.... I'm physched because the Juno-Di's Vocoder will allow you to use the internal tone generator for your source patch (outside of using the few presets they provide).

I'm going to program a TalkBox Patch for my Di's vocoder when I get it.

Squeak I would like the vocoder better if the Juno had decent choir sounds that we could use with the vocoder..

Also I have not found a way to use the mic, naturally with effects..and the vocoder at the same time...That would be cool..

#267988 - 07/23/09 12:31 PM Re: My new Juno Stage 76
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Have you tried tweeking any of the choir patches for use with the Vocoder? I don't expect the choirs onboard the Di to be any better than the Stages either I'll dig into the software editor to see what I can do with those presets. I know I'll put the Vocoder to use by creating Talkbox type patches. Nothing says funk like a Talkbox patch setting

Not sure how the Stages mic input is compared to the Di's.., but a few reports on the Di's have been favorable. The one at RolandUS.com has the womans voice drowned in reverb.., but even that compressed audio on their site (although with what they called a lush reverb) sounded pretty good to my ears. You're spoiled with your G-70 man That G-70 has a damn good harmonizer.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#267989 - 07/23/09 05:46 PM Re: My new Juno Stage 76
Fran Carango Offline

BTW:..a correction is necessary...Total file capacity on songs readable for each storage device..is 999..It will not exceed that amount...More songs will need another thumb drive etc..

Also I experimented with a USB All in one card reader...and all devices worked .... Compact flash, smart media and all others...The media has to be formatted to "FAT"...

#267990 - 07/27/09 03:02 PM Re: My new Juno Stage 76
Fran Carango Offline

4 day old Juno Stage 76 available.....

I used the Juno Stage last night on stage..

Not bad for the first outing...

A few quirks I need to resolve..mostly getting use to operating...in the dark..

I sure did find out why they put a "lock" button on the "sound modify" section...
The "stage was dark" and...went for low and high eq knobs...and found release and resonance knobs instead..

I also found it ideal to adjust/edit your sequences...before "show time"...It just isn't a G70 or an E-60...to edit on the fly..

Right now I have mixed feelings about using it as the only board on my band gigs...Although the wave/MP3 played perfectly without any problems..the sequence play {SMF) left me a little uncomfortable..and concerned if I needed to change anything on stage...Menu/cursor driven is not the way I want to work on stage..If you do your homework first ..no problems...The biggy is if you need to transpose the SMF...4 button pushes ..a cursor move and dial....(master key shift)..

Mute operation can be saved the way you want "Minus one" to work (channel 4 as an example) at a single button push..

The ideal way for me to use the Juno Stage..is with the G70..
The G70 doing style/ SMF/ harmonizer...and the Juno a dedicated sound source (piano)...and the Juno Stage would handle all the wave/ MP3 play...

2 keyboards..but can be a very enjoyable way to perform....And no visible Laptop inquiries..

On the serious side..I may be interested in selling the Juno Stage..If you are interested make me an offer..You will save $$$...

A couple more gigs should help me make a final decision..either way..
I have a feeling another gig will make me a happy camper...we will see....

The Juno Stage is excellent as a76 key controller too..another reason I have to think about my decision....Too many in the plus column...to sell... more...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online