SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#267165 - 07/06/09 02:53 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity
mr9000 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mikey_maestro:
Mr 9000 I noticed your profile has no web link nor an email address.

Could This be an Alias name?

BWAAA..GOOD GRIEF & thanks for a now bruised battered laughed out belly.It hasn't jiggled like that in a few moons now!Imagine my surprise to see my very own propagandous dud of a thread!
I take it not much sleep last night for this insanity Mikey?Ok..well..umm i guess i should make an echo of repetition & repeat,get that problem diagnoised!(Oh crap did i just say that out loud cyberly)This was to funny,and now i am not sure who's side you are on,mine or your own. Your making my 'diagnoising' case yourself!
Since you have brought this thread back to life i repeat:

Mr(fake)9000Wrote(on a thread now locked):"What is lost from using just a simple 'mikey_maestro'.What is the mystery i would seriously like some hindsightYour feathers are much to ruffled about the term 'mental illness'...
or simply just perhaps decaf!

[This message has been edited by mr9000 (edited 07-06-2009).]

#267166 - 07/07/09 01:10 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Mikey - Mr9000 sounds very European which may account for his style of humor and writing syntax. Don't take offense, especially since he says he meant no harm. Different words and phrases get lost in translation - even in English, especially in English.

yours truly,
Dane Cook

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 07-07-2009).]

#267167 - 07/07/09 01:25 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Donny called today and asked me to pass a message on.

"."

Vladimyr Putin-On-The-Ritz

#267168 - 07/07/09 02:50 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
Mikey - Mr9000 sounds very European which may account for his style of humor and writing syntax. Don't take offense, especially since he says he meant no harm. Different words and phrases get lost in translation - even in English, especially in English.

You have a point, BUT... Once the poster realizes that his words ARE being taken in another fashion that he intended, especially as a non-English speaker, that is the time for an apology, and to clarify that they WERE merely joking. Mr9000 seems merely content to repeat himself (and his joke) even though he realizes he has insulted his target (or at least that it is taken that way).

"I'm sorry, it was meant as a joke' is not THAT hard to come out with, no matter WHAT language you speak...

Lord knows, half the things even I say in jest get taken the wrong way, and I DO speak good English (and write it better than many of my American cousins )... Then again, you look hard enough for it, 'Have a Nice Day' can be misconstrued.

Me, I am far more content to ridicule the IDEA of multiple handles than someone who says they don't mind it. After all, isn't that what we are doing? I hope so, anyway! I don't think Mikey is crazy. But I still fail to see the point in arguing for AND against something just for the exercise. And if the secondary handle is there merely to bolster your primary handle's opinion, that is the kind of thing that should get you banned, IMO...

#267169 - 07/07/09 02:58 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity
Diki Offline

Just to illustrate JUST how crazy this kind of thing can get, Here's a VERY telling post from His Royal Duality...

Quote:
Originally posted by John DiLeo:
I for one enjoy Dnj's posts. He seems to be a very knowledgeable musician willing to help all who ask. I have emailed him in the past & have always received a cordial response, phone call or answers to my 3k questions, or great Style files & SMF too.
I'm happy to have made a friend.

When a system can be abused this badly, I am afraid that any (no matter how dubiously justifiable it might be to some) attempt to keep this ability on the forum WILL end up with some misguided member doing this....

This CAN'T be good for the forum, can it?

#267170 - 07/07/09 02:59 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity
cassp Offline

ROTFLMAO

substantially funny. This might be a good place to stop this funniness.

Quote:
Originally posted by btweengigs:
Donny called today and asked me to pass a message on.

"."

Vladimyr Putin-On-The-Ritz

#267171 - 07/07/09 06:57 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I have to admit that I once posted a song on S-Z under an 'alias' because I wanted to get opinions without the possibility of any pre-conceived biases based on the kb I played, who I was, whatever ... sort of a 'blind test' ...
Ironically, after I admitted to it, it was Donny who said there was no reason for me to have to do that ...

I can understand someone using an alias in that situation, because let's face it, SOME of us JUST MIGHT have a bias one way or another depending on who is playing on what kb ...

But if Nigel wants to ban the practice, that's ok with me ... after all, it IS his ballpark ...

t.
PS ... I miss Donny already ......

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 07-07-2009).]

#267172 - 07/07/09 07:51 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity
cassp Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:

t.
PS ... I miss Donny already ......
(edited 07-07-2009).]

I'd really like if he could post his version of Masquerade - or at least get it to us somehow. Maybe he can get off early for good behavior - or is that an oxymoron?

#267173 - 07/07/09 08:17 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity
mikey_maestro Offline

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
It was fun

I've met some great people on here. I have their contact info So I have no further need to post on here.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

------------------
God Bless,
Mikey

www.mikeymaestro.com
www.myspace.com/kidconcert
www.balloonanimal.com
www.jokevid.com
www.youtube.com/kidconcert

#267174 - 07/08/09 11:42 AM Re: Mr9000's true identity
Diki Offline

Mikey... YOU didn't offend anyone. Someone offended YOU.

ONE PERSON, and that's enough for you to go off in a tizz?

What is happening here? Yikes! For Pete's sake... is everyone's skin so thin here?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online