SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 16 of 18 < 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 >
Topic Options
#266983 - 07/26/09 01:59 PM Re: July eJam #2
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I really don't see the point... Perhaps I missed it, but has anyone entered anything OTHER than the 'standard', yet?

I am afraid I still prefer the original concept of the Jam, where we (or at least, someone ) picked ONE tune, and we saw what kind of diversity we could get from it... perhaps the more obscure, the better. I am afraid this has devolved (my opinion only ) into little more than an opportunity to trot out familiar repertoire some of us (possibly not my sole opinion ) are pretty tired of already.

#266984 - 07/26/09 07:18 PM Re: July eJam #2
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I like Diki's suggestion about the one song for all, but if that's NOT the way we go, I would nominate "ALL THE THINGS YOU ARE" and instead of calling it a 'standard' I will call it 'a song from the Great American Songbook' ...
t.

#266985 - 07/27/09 06:10 AM Re: July eJam #2
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I could live with Diki's one-song suggestion too, but the problem is choosing the one song. I feel that giving two or three choices at least gives everyone a spectrum of songs to choose from. Lately,Zuki has posted some nice songs not on the list; if we could have more of that then maybe we wouldn't need the eJam.

Here is a list of the most recent suggestions. Which one of these would you like to add to next month's eJam? You may add more, simply copy and paste. Suggestions end this Thursday.
How Deep Is the Ocean
Misty
Who Can I Turn To
I’m In the Mood for Love
You'd Be So Nice to Come Home To
What Are You Doing the Rest of My Life
I'm Glad There's You
Girl from Ipanema
It Had To Be You
As Time Goes By
The Way You Look Tonight
My Funny Valentine
Smile
Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
All the Things You Area

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 07-27-2009).]

#266986 - 07/27/09 08:33 AM Re: July eJam #2
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
My personal belief is that the number of songs would remain at 3 or maybe possibly expand to no more than 5, of which the 2 remaining should NOT be "standards".

Anything less than 3 (again, in my opinion) uneccessarily restricts the choice and maybe the number of players willing to try, and on the other hand, too many choices will equal a virtual jukebox, something like "pick any tune and post it".

I would love to see/hear more people participating, and think that the above will have a positive effect.

On the matter of "standards" (of which I don't know or ever heard ANY before, because of my age and where I live)***, surely tha majority of the SZ family is American based and of a certain age (no pun intented, you all sound fresh), so naturally they tend to pick them. Someone at the start of the subject, mentioned that contemporary "pop" tunes of later decades (70s - 80s) should be included. I for one would love to hear some of them.

Thanks for listening.

*** Please post the original artist or at least a representative cover artist for any song included in the proposed list, so us uneducated can find what the "example" song should sound like.

[This message has been edited by trident (edited 07-27-2009).]

#266987 - 07/27/09 09:29 AM Re: July eJam #2
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
EVERY TIME WE SAY GOODBYE - for Donny (and his little friend, John Dileo), Scott Yee, Gary (Travlin' easy), KingFrog, et al. Heck, even Zuki could incorporate that change "from major to minor" (or was it minor to major ).

chas

#266988 - 07/27/09 10:10 AM Re: July eJam #2
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
EVERY TIME WE SAY GOODBYE - for Donny (and his little friend, John Dileo), Scott Yee, Gary (Travlin' easy), KingFrog, et al. Heck, even Zuki could incorporate that change "from major to minor" (or was it minor to major ).
chas

chas ... your humor sometimes makes me "want to cry a little" ...

t.

#266989 - 07/27/09 12:31 PM Re: July eJam #2
124 Offline

. . . and even sigh a little

#266990 - 07/27/09 01:06 PM Re: July eJam #2
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:

chas

Chas, giving theory lessons if you're intersted

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#266991 - 07/27/09 01:50 PM Re: July eJam #2
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
Chas, giving theory lessons if you're intersted

Hey, I could use them. BTW, how about hooking me up with that gorgeous groupie in your video, she's hot.

chas

#266992 - 07/27/09 04:48 PM Re: July eJam #2
miden Offline

Loc: The World

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 07-28-2009).]

Page 16 of 18 < 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online