SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#266049 - 06/12/09 09:03 AM WOW new Roland Juno model-BATTERY POWERED TOO!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
OMG!!!! New Roland Juno model!!!! Rumor has it that the current Juno D is going to be discontinued and this new Juno Di is supposed to replace it.., AND Roland's lowest budget performance synth has now been upped to 128 note poly, added mic input with vocoder effect, one site reported the new patches are based on the FANTOM line too. This thing is a Juno D tripped out on crack! Roland just destroyed that comparison gap that's often discussed between the Juno D and Yamaha MM6. Price is still TBA.., and one reported release date I've seen said September. Check it out

http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?ObjectId=1022&ParentId=83

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 06-12-2009).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#266050 - 06/12/09 09:27 AM Re: WOW new Roland Juno model-BATTERY POWERED TOO!
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
Very cool. Classy video, too. I think it will sell very well - depending on the price.

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

#266051 - 06/12/09 09:47 AM Re: WOW new Roland Juno model-BATTERY POWERED TOO!
squeak_D Offline

This thing is a going to be a HUGE seller for Roland. The Juno D itself was very popular and one of Roland's better sellers. They did a complete overhaul with the new model. I've talked to Roland reps in the past who weren't too thrilled that consumers were comparing the Juno D to the Yammie MM6 when the Juno D was clearly way ahead of the MM6 in terms of functioning as a SYNTH. Roland will most likely kill that comparison with this new model. Based on the spec list.., the Juno Di will most likely have the Korg X50 as its competition.

The current Juno D was selling for $595.., then a recent price drop took it down to $499 (a good indicator of a new release too). The Juno G sells for $995.., I'm putting my money on the Juno Di selling for $699 or $799 street price. I say that because there is still a considerable difference between the Juno Di and the Juno G. Plus it's not an arranger and prices on peformance synths in the budget market aren't showin up as high as you'd find on something like the Roland Prelude-which is nothing more than a less featured GW-8 with speakers, but sells for more.

I love how Roland brought the new Di model into the paint scheme of the Juno G and Stage models. Looks very cool and retro.., and SHOCKING that this unit will have battery power as an option.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 06-12-2009).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#266052 - 06/13/09 09:55 AM Re: WOW new Roland Juno model-BATTERY POWERED TOO!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I'm guessing around $895.00.

It's surprising that Roland didn't announce the price yet since it will apparently be in stores by July supposedly. I think it will be a big seller as well too. How big though will depend on large part to Roland's price point of course.

All the best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 06-13-2009).]

#266053 - 06/13/09 10:39 AM Re: WOW new Roland Juno model-BATTERY POWERED TOO!
squeak_D Offline

I don't think it'll go that high. There's still a pretty big difference between the Juno G and the Juno Di. $895 is only a $100 price difference between it and the Juno G. Way too close in price when comparing the specs and Roland's price history in the synth department (it's different with their arranger keyboards). I think Roland will price this to compete with the Korg X-50 that sells for $699. I'm putting my bet on $699-$799.

#266054 - 06/14/09 06:33 AM Re: WOW new Roland Juno model-BATTERY POWERED TOO!
Magica Alfa Offline

Interesting model.

Are there only ROM sounds or is possible to upgrade it with external WAVE expansion?

#266055 - 06/14/09 08:24 AM Re: WOW new Roland Juno model-BATTERY POWERED TOO!
squeak_D Offline

Nope.., it's a budget rompler. It's the lowest model in the Juno line up so no expansion on this model (not surprising either as both Yammie's and Korgs budget workstations have no expansion either).

It's def a major step up from the current Juno D model.., but leaves enough room between it and the next step up (which is the Juno G). Here's an online price already listed for the UK.
http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/product/41224-roland-juno-di.html

They price they have listed there is 549..., quick estimate on the conversion rate I'd say that's just under $770 US.

#266056 - 06/14/09 08:55 AM Re: WOW new Roland Juno model-BATTERY POWERED TOO!
squeak_D Offline

The price conversion would be an odd number to find online too here with the US retailers. I wouldn't be surprised if the price we see here is $749.00

The current Juno D just had a price drop.., but before that it was selling for just under $600 and the new version would be selling for $100+ more. I think that price listed (even with conversion to US) is very reasonable considering how much of an upgrade you get from the current model for less than $200 too.

Juno D had 64 poly, Di has 128
Juno D had it's own sound set, Di FANTOM
Juno D had no inputs for anything, the Di offers mic input with effects AND vocoder (that alone will boost sales)
Juno D had smaller screen, Di has new screen
The Di had a full comsmetic face-lift
Juno D had no USB, Di now offers USB midi with a completely new software editor
Juno Di now has the USB file player (which is being seen throughout Roland's line up now)

Overall.., I think the Juno Di is a huge improvement over the current Juno D.., (which by the way can be had for a freakin hell of a bargain as it's selling for $499 NEW). Roland has set this thing to compete with the Korg X-50.., and although the X50 offers more in patch editing power (mainly due to the X-50's 8 osc combi mode).., the Di does offer a few things over it (being the mic input, vocoder, poly, USB player)

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 06-14-2009).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online