Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 29 of 37 < 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 36 37 >
Topic Options
#265297 - 08/07/09 11:14 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Magica Alfa:
Hi Diki

Do you have video with your G70 on stage?
Do you really use all the time styles?

Thnaks.

Nedim I can give you Corba no problem. If you know GREEN GREEN GRASS OF HOME. That is really good presentation of them.

I think you have hit the nail on the head.

With all the cry for styles, his gigs does not really consist of lots and lots of style play.

#265298 - 08/07/09 11:48 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The thing WAS being sold as an arranger. Ergo, it should work well as an arranger. Should you, once that point is reached, chose to use it other ways does not STOP it from being an arranger. But if it never WAS a good arranger, live use of it doesn't make it so.

I use my G70 every way it can be used. Full styles, Drum only, LH bass and RH, minimal SMF (D&B) fuller SMF, live play with a band, studio work, whatever it needs to do. My work, in a variety of types of play, is up (and has always been) at Roland-Arranger.com. Fell free to comment once you have heard it...

If it can be bettered with an MS, I would love to hear it (and always have). No matter how you want to label (or libel!) me, I have always WANTED the MS to be all it could be. But technology only impresses me AFTER the sound has... Impress me with great music, and great sound, and tell me about the HDMI later, OK?

#265299 - 08/08/09 12:38 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Diki
8 pages so far, consequently you may have missed one of my earlier posts, so I have popped it in again.
“Have a look on the Lionstracs website and find out what the Mediastation is, (Hint, It is in the title) then see if it does what it says on the tin.
Complaining because it doesn’t operate like something it isn’t is a bit pointless.”

Regards

Bill

#265300 - 08/08/09 04:59 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Diki Offline

Eight pages, and four (or is it five?) years of Dom coming here and telling us that all our 'closed' arrangers were obsolete... not to mention, up until this year, every other MS owner saying the same thing (but unable to provide good music).

Sorry if I haven't adjusted to the new reality as quickly as some...

But call it a loopstation, call it a workstation, call it a lunar friggin' lander, I don't care.! Where's the good music being made on it, whatever it is?

#265301 - 08/08/09 07:03 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
No Closed arranger will ever be absolete...
No Audya and no MS can come even close to
a 3000$ PA2X, will eat them both in the morning.

#265302 - 08/09/09 01:04 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
abacus Offline

Nedim
Of the Hardware Arrangers that were in production 5 years ago, how many are still in production.
If some of them are no longer made, and no updates are being produced, then they are obsolete.
Unless of course the definition of obsolete has changed while I wasn’t looking

You will find many Yamaha, Roland, Ketron etc owners that would disagree with your comment about the PA2x. (In the end it is down to personal preference)

Diki
There is plenty of music out there on the MS which is high quality; the problem is your perception, See below
The type of music YOU play is the only type of music others should play, (IT ISNT)
Because of the above the rest of the worlds music doesn’t count, (IT DOES)
Look outside of Florida and its beach party’s, and you will find it is YOU that is the niche market, NOT the rest of the world.
The fact that users around the world enjoy the MS, and it does what THEY want, proves the above point.

Regards

Bill

#265303 - 08/09/09 03:59 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
Nedim
Of the Hardware Arrangers that were in production 5 years ago, how many are still in production.
If some of them are no longer made, and no updates are being produced, then they are obsolete.
Unless of course the definition of obsolete has changed while I wasn’t looking

You will find many Yamaha, Roland, Ketron etc owners that would disagree with your comment about the PA2x. (In the end it is down to personal preference)

Diki
There is plenty of music out there on the MS which is high quality; the problem is your perception, See below
The type of music YOU play is the only type of music others should play, (IT ISNT)
Because of the above the rest of the worlds music doesn’t count, (IT DOES)
Look outside of Florida and its beach party’s, and you will find it is YOU that is the niche market, NOT the rest of the world.
The fact that users around the world enjoy the MS, and it does what THEY want, proves the above point.

Regards

Bill

WELL SAID!!!

#265304 - 08/09/09 04:17 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Bill, you are right, i expressed my self wrong, what i mean is absolete cuz of Abacus,
Audya or MS will never happen but absolete on
theor own cuz of higher model then yes, of course.

#265305 - 08/09/09 08:11 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Diki Offline

Well, I would be willing to bet that my beach songlist is played by a large number of people all over the world, and that Serbian music remains mainly confined to Serbia...

OK, I play Buffett, but he's played in most countries. But I play the Eagles, James Taylor, America, Bob Marley, the Beatles, UB40. Bob Dylan, Van Morrison... the list goes on. All of whom are international stars and played in just about every country in the world (don't know about Serbia, though ).

When there's an international Serbian star, let me know...

But, bottom line... my obsolete G70 STILL sounds better than most of the stuff ever posted on an MS. You see, MY definition of 'obsolete' is something that cannot do the job it is needed for better than something newer. In my opinion, the MS was 'obsolete' the day it came out...

Look, you can't have it both ways. If the MS is NOT an arranger, then by definition, any other arranger out there MUST be better than it. I have never claimed the MS was a bad VSTi player, or loopstation, workstation, whatever definition you want to use to hide it's abject failure to be a good arranger... All I'm saying is, most 'obsolete' arrangers sound FAR better than it does. So why come on to an ARRANGER forum, and defend the MS as a 'VSTi Workstation' or whatever definition you want to call it..? Take that argument to the workstation forums, and let THEM decide. You don't take a lemon to a gathering of apples, and then act indignant if someone says it's not a very good apple... (even if you have spent the last four years trying to persuade us that, forget the color and the taste, it REALLY is an apple!)

Take your lemon to the lemon forum...

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 08-09-2009).]

#265306 - 08/10/09 01:18 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
abacus Offline

Diki
The fact that you came out with the statement that gives the impression of what everyone else plays is similar to you, proves you need to get out in the world more. (Because they most certainly don’t)

Don’t know were Serbia came from? (Unless to you that is the rest of the world, which in that case means you really do need to get out more)

One of the capabilities of MS is the arranger software (Qarranger, Livestyler) that is available on it, therefore it is quite legitimate to post on an arranger forum, and the fact that you have to program your own styles has no relevance, as its all part of the self customisation that the MS is designed for. (If you want everything done for you, then there are plenty of other boards out there that will better suit you)

Regards

Bill

Page 29 of 37 < 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 36 37 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online