SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 37 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 36 37 >
Topic Options
#265077 - 06/02/09 06:21 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I have been recording and using MP's with the band for 8 years..nothing new to me..

#265078 - 06/02/09 06:43 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I didn't realize the Military Police were so involved in your show, Fran...

You get time off for good behavior?

#265079 - 06/02/09 06:49 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
That's because "3" is a crowd

#265080 - 06/02/09 07:10 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Thing is, Dennis, what's the POINT of changing to a new keyboard, if all your backing tracks remain the same? If you think 'Drum part, Bass part, Guitar part, pad part, string line, horn line, etc.' and then you play one part, maybe two in realtime, you have changed at most 20-30% of your show... And have missed out on whatever better and newer the new keyboard could add to the backing parts (one presumes its' drums and basses etc. are better than your legacy gear)...

Sure, it's a boatload of work to do every time, but every time you do it, ALL your show gets better, not just your RH sounds...

Diki I have found nothing to beat the Motif ES/XS, especially guitars and basses, on ANYTHING - WS or arranger. Apart from a few VST's and even then not many of them.

My only reason for changing keyboards is for a few muck around styles and operational aspects. IE anything that will improve the ease (and gear) with which I can do things.

Still have not found that Nirvana yet, but the MS is getting really close. PA2x was also very close, operationally, but the guitars (electric) and particularly the basses totally suck. Plus some other things were lacking as well, for me.

Dennis

#265081 - 06/02/09 09:48 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
vagro Offline

Loc: Argentina
C'mon Domenico! You've been taking your time to write in this thread instead of answering my mails at least to let me know you received them. You offer me a Mediastation, I show my interest and you don't take care of a potential customer.

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

#265082 - 06/03/09 06:41 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by vagro:
C'mon Domenico! You've been taking your time to write in this thread instead of answering my mails at least to let me know you received them. You offer me a Mediastation, I show my interest and you don't take care of a potential customer.

I never get a reply from you.
I have now edited my server spam filter, try to resend me the email, i wrote you today too.

I get also some emails request from others, they asked me why I made a offer to Vagro..

for your know..give 2 MS developement in buenos Aries, from my first starting developers.
All the OS now is developed here, around Europe, so this 2 MS are there waiting someone that will buy for a special price, that's all.
wil cost me to much to shipping back, shipment the MS to argentinia cost around 900USD + the all TAX!

#265083 - 06/03/09 09:43 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
vagro Offline

Loc: Argentina
Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
I never get a reply from you.
I have now edited my server spam filter, try to resend me the email, i wrote you today too.

I get also some emails request from others, they asked me why I made a offer to Vagro..

for your know..give 2 MS developement in buenos Aries, from my first starting developers.
All the OS now is developed here, around Europe, so this 2 MS are there waiting someone that will buy for a special price, that's all.
wil cost me to much to shipping back, shipment the MS to argentinia cost around 900USD + the all TAX!

My public apologies then. I was getting quite anxious to know the conditions of the unit available here. I already sent you a mail to your accounts from my two accounts. Sorry again.
Victor

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

#265084 - 06/03/09 10:39 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
You want nirvana, Dennis? If you are going to use MP3's, why not simply get a REAL guitarist and bass player (and drummer too!) to come in and PLAY the tunes. Talk about realism! It'll blow your XS away

If your chops are decent, maybe you could even TRADE recording time with them and it not cost you that much. And if they are decently prepared, you ought to get ten tunes or more out of an hour session. I know you can't program that many tunes in that time!

I think, were I to go the MP3 route, that I would want to use something that a machine COULDN'T better...

#265085 - 06/03/09 12:47 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I still think the MS is a great keyboard.., and always have been behind Dom on this unit.., I still feel it's not marketed to the right group of keyboard players.

Just out of curiousity though..., Fran mentions (unless I read it wrong) using an XG VST to drive those styles. Curious about something......, on a "state of the art TOTL arranger" such as this, are you going forward or backwards using that type of sound set to drive these styles?

The Media-Station is a step or two forward.., but you take 5 steps backwards when you use that old dated XG soundset to drive styles. If that's the sound you're after.., save yourself the time and money and just buy a bloody PSR.

If Dom had the bills to hire a very experienced group of style writers the MS would be catching a lot more attention. The preset styles themselves are quite poor.., so the whole concept now rests on using the styles made by other companies....????? Sorry.., but I think that's a little shotty to have to rely on the work already done by the major three because the presets themselves provided by Lionstracs are not up to par with the rest.

Dom IMO should be reaching out to WS owners. Dom has created the ultimate workstation. The MS is a WS powerhouse.., and it doesn't run on Windows! Dom has created a TRUE fully integrated SYNTH/WORKSTATION/ARRANGER that runs VST appliations and more. All the WS junkies out there (not to offend anyone here either) are probably way more likely to take advantage of creating USER STYLES..., as they're already used to scratching out the majority of the work they're doing now on the WS's.

It's clear that Yamaha has even rubbed a little of the line away as the Motif XS's new arps have been noted by users AND YAMAHA as having an ARRANGER LIKE FEEL with the chord recognition. Dom's MS's takes it all the way where Yammie and the others won't go! I can't tell you how many times I've seen WS owners flat out say they'd love to have arranger features on their synths and the ability to jump back and forth between BOTH recording platforms. THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT THE MS IS!!!!!

Regardless.., MOST arranger players are looking for OUT OF THE BOX PRESET STYLES PROVIDED BY THE KEYBOARD MAKER AND NOT WANTING TO DEAL WITH CONVERTING THE WORK OF SOMEONE ELSE TO GET GOOD STYLES.

Converting tons of Yamaha styles on a TOTL MS that utilize an EXTREMELY OLD AND DATED XG sound IMO is pointless and is not groud breaking in sound by any means. It's just using a very expensive TOTL workstation to sound like a much cheaper PSR (Even TYROS styles will sound MUCH CHEAPER using an XG format)

All the MS owners are saying these converted styles are great..., well PLEASE POST them. Many of us would love to hear these..., you don't even have to play anything yourself. Just show how well the converted style sounds on the MS. Hell.., Lion's track for damn sure ain't doing this.

I'm sorry if some of you MS owners feel a little overwhelmed by demo requests.., but what are Dom's potential customers supposed to rely on.., HIS online demos.. need I say more on that one.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 06-03-2009).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#265086 - 06/03/09 01:48 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Squeak I agree with all you have said, and indeed its essentially what I have been saying all long

The bit I DONT agree with is "....All the MS owners are saying these converted styles are great..., Just show how well the converted style sounds on the MS...."

I have NEVER said that or even thought that!!

I have always said the styles and MIDI arranger side of the MS is average.

And to then have some users say , as you quite correctly pointed out, that the XG VST is more than enough and sounds wonderful!!!! Just makes it more absurd.

HOWEVER the Audio arranger side is quite brilliant..No demos yet but soon enough.

Just getting my loop libraries sorted. I haven't touched them for some time, and I am sure some will need updating...

The MS with the Elastique audio engine can change pitch of samples on the fly in real time, with no "chipmunks" either.

In fact a SZ member Magica Alfa has done some demos using partly audio style creation and utilising the many great Giga/Linux sampler sounds...
http://www.esnips.com/doc/c775b069-a794-4bc0-afa7-2e28dab983cd/Pop-1
http://www.esnips.com/doc/152919db-7637-4bb9-a7ea-30ea7a55f470/Style-Funky
http://www.esnips.com/doc/dd35fe8c-73d7-42ab-bbee-ed444edd229e/HOUSE-STYLE

There are some who say the midi styles and arranger are good enough for most people, but these same people are not actually using the MS to play gigs with...maybe just a tad of hypocrisy there I think.

There are some Media Station users happy to admit it does have some issues and to not do so is, hmmmmm , shall I say rather like sticking ones head in the sand.

My ONLY criticism is of the on board MIDI styles and MIDI arranger operation. I suspect being able to edit on a larger screen will make a big difference. But as I have said before I am no longer interested in MIDI styles. Its AUDIO styles for me from now on.

The other two software problems I had are to be fixed.

But in fairness to me the Performance function was advertised to me and TOLD to me BEFORE I bought the MS to be working fully, so maybe people can understand why I get frustrated with the time its taking to fix it!!!!

But Squeak you hit it on the head with your post. Lionstracs should forget about arranger users per se, and concentrate on the WS aspects of this. I would even go so far as to say remove the arranger all together, but leave the Audio Elastique engine and maybe get more into arps instead.

Dennis

Page 7 of 37 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 36 37 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online