Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 21 of 37 < 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 36 37 >
Topic Options
#265217 - 08/03/09 12:33 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
So Dennis, I guess you are saying that both these rules are correct then???

Touche

#265218 - 08/03/09 12:43 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Dennis,
sorry to hear that the MS didn't work out as you'd hoped.

Welcome back to KORGieland.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by miden:
[B]

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 08-03-2009).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#265219 - 08/03/09 07:00 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
In spite of the reported problems, (Although from the posts it seems only a minority has them) sales of the MS are continuing unabated, so much so that Nigel (The Administrator) has set up a specific forum just for Lionstracs. (They wouldn’t sell if they didn’t provide what users wanted)

The main problem it seems is that people are treating it like a T3, G70, PA1x etc whereas in reality it’s designed to provide an integrated base for the user to set it up as they want.

If you want everything done for you, buy a T3.G70,PA1x etc, as the Mediastation is most definitely not for you, however if you want an instrument to make your own, then Mediastation comes into its own, while the T3,G70.PA1x etc do not.

In the Final analysis:
You pay your money and make YOUR choice. (That others think differently has little relevance, as their not buying it)

#265220 - 08/03/09 07:40 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The fact that only a minority reported the problems honestly has nothing to do with whether they exist or not. Everybody is playing the same MS OS...

It's a lot more to do with how defensive they feel about admitting that there are enough flaws in the MS to make gigging out live a PITA compared to a regular arranger. To my knowledge, Dennis was the only one here actually TRYING to make the MS work as an arranger. Seems like everybody else is using it for a mere VSTi playback keyboard, and using mp3/wav backing, or just using them to tinkle around at home.

To be honest, I really AM disappointed that Dennis had so little success getting the MS to work. When he got his, I thought to myself 'finally, we've got someone with one of these who is more concerned with actually USING it than telling everyone else how wrong their opinions are!' and I had high hopes that he would actually start posting some music to show us how wrong we had all been (rather than just tell us, but provide no proof, like everybody else with one! ). I am afraid I need a little more than the word of someone who is ashamed to post their own music to persuade me that all the obstacles I foresee in using this are not there...

But for those who wish to still 'defend' the MS, or point out that it isn't REALLY an arranger, or a live use keyboard or whatever any sane person would actually WANT to use a keyboard for... at this point, we are WAY beyond words. Dennis's are probably the first honest, unvarnished opinion so far from an actual owner. Anyone that wants to refute them had better do it by posting MUSIC. Because, in the end, the MS is a tool for making music. Show us you can do that well on the MS. We've heard all these tired arguments ad nauseam (including mine ). Just once, show us how we don't 'get it' by posting some MUSIC...

Oh, and Nigel... now even the moderator is out to stir things up? ROFLMAO Truth is, I'm wrong often... just see Rule #2....

#265221 - 08/03/09 03:06 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
AFG Music Offline

delete

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 03-06-2010).]

#265222 - 08/03/09 03:59 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
vagro Offline

Loc: Argentina
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

Seems like everybody else is using it for a mere VSTi playback keyboard, and using mp3/wav backing, or just using them to tinkle around at home.

tin-kle
   Spelled Pronunciation [ting-kuh l]
verb, -kled, -kling, noun

–verb (used without object)

1)to give forth or make a succession of short, light, ringing sounds, as a small bell.
2)to run one's fingers lightly over a keyboard instrument or to play such an instrument simply or badly.
3)Baby Talk. to urinate.

Just for curiosity, being a home user of the MS, what meaning should I take?

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

#265223 - 08/04/09 03:27 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
to the genesys Offline

To put this in context, T3 G70 and Pa2x pro users have also returned their keyboards because they were not able to operate the keyboard as they were accustomed to with prier boards they have owned.
Yet we still have users of the T3 G70 and Pa 2x pro. And we still have happy users of the Mediastation.

So a situation where a user who does away with the mediastation, T3, Pa 2x pro or G70 does not really say much about the product but says more about the user.

#265224 - 08/04/09 04:53 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Magica Alfa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
The fact that only a minority reported the problems honestly has nothing to do with whether they exist or not. Everybody is playing the same MS OS...

I'm really disappointed that Dennis have bad filing on MS. I have totally different opinion about MS. I can say that if it is use with MS properly than is working 100% every time. Yes only thing is that you need your time to set up it well. Also Live Styler implementation is great. And if you use with Livestyler some VST than you win against all arrangers. This keyboard is not for guys from box. But really I do not thing that DENNIS is not guy who can use styles from box. He is more new age player.

AND FINALY HI DIKI FRIEND. WILL YOU TELL ME WHEN YOU WILL BE READY FOR TESTING ORIGINAL G70 WITH MEDIASTATION.

#265225 - 08/04/09 11:23 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
yes please !!!!!!

#265226 - 08/04/09 12:01 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
AFG Music Offline

delete

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 03-06-2010).]

Page 21 of 37 < 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 36 37 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online