#265187 - 06/10/09 05:29 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
AFG Music Offline

delete

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 03-06-2010).]

#265188 - 06/10/09 05:37 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Magica,
I read the manual also, & without a ms in front of me, couldn't make any sense out of it either.

Are you saying it adds the missing notes
ie c maj chord c e g
for cmaj7th chord (cegb) it automatically adds the b note, or does it transpose one of the existing notes ( c, or e, or g )to a b note.
best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Magica Alfa:
[B]

Exapmle of complex use: Major is as one part, minor different bass or different other instruments but in maj7 it will play style from MAJOR converted to the 7 if you will not make your own.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#265189 - 06/10/09 05:50 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
AFG Music Offline

delete

#265190 - 06/10/09 06:10 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
AFG Music Offline

delete

#265191 - 06/11/09 10:45 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
AFG Music tell me from the technical data or show me from the data you have just copied and pasted where it indicates that the AUDIO can play all the chords you have mentioned. NOT THE MIDI.

I read this

"The MAJ chord is the default MANDATARY chord, IF any other Chords TAB are NOT present on the session, the Virtual Chords table will
processing the all midi events found on the MAJ Chord TAB to the new chords pressed
on the keyboard. Example: you can have ONLY the MAJ chord TAB and you press the
chord 7th, the Virtual Chords table will processing the all midi event from MAJ chord to
7th Chord automatically."

Where is a similar statement for the Audio element ?

I know that Audio can be played with the midi but thats not the same as the audio will play the same chords as the midi.

To play 36 guitar chords you would need to record 36 guitar strums one for each chord type then map them to the Qranger so that when you play C minor 9 it streams that piece of audio ie the strum that was done in C minor 9. and it will transpose that to d minor or f minor if thats the chord you are playing on the keyboard and so on... Have i understood that correctly because the manual doesnt help at all :-)

[This message has been edited by spalding1968 (edited 06-11-2009).]

#265192 - 06/11/09 11:49 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
AFG Music Offline

delete

#265193 - 06/11/09 03:54 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
maybe we are just not speaking the same language.

The melodyne clip showed single audio notes being analysed and strecthed which i know the qranger can do .The difference to what i want to see demonstrated is that the audio is monophonic. The entire audio is one note to the melodyme. and the Melodyme can play chords from that one note. There is no confusion there . What i want is proof that the Qranger can transpose audio chords into different audio chords correctly. The Melodyme cannot do that.

I saw the you tube clip. Can you tell me what chords you were playing because it looked to me like you were playing basic major and maybe minor triads. Although i heard the pitch change i could not tell if you had changed chord type or what chords you played in terms of their complexity. I know the Qranger was following the bottom note on the keyboard but i could not tell if it followed the chord.

For example you moved from a c major to an E flat major so the pitch moved from the C to E but i could not tell from the clip if you played a different chord type. In the example the audio clip where they sang the phrase " go waste no time following you no more" when you changed chord the harmonies shifted but the entire harmony stretched in unison. Meaning the intervals or the notes were the same distance apart. I could not tell if the voices reflected the chord type because all you used were (from what i could see ) were basic triads which i know the Qranger can do.

But i asked about complex chords.

What would have been a good example is if you kept the same key say C but played a minor chord and then a major chord and then say an 9th or 13th or diminished or flattened 6th all in the same key to the same piece of audio,(not the entire track, just an 8 bar loop because the entire track had changed some chords itself and it got confusing) )to see how that affected the harmonies and whether they moved uniformly or in accordance with the actual chord type.

That popular Guitar riff that you punched in from time to time before you started the next piece of music was not in the same key as the main body of the music. What was going on there ? You need to demonstrate the different types of chord IN THE SAME KEY. That would show clearly whether the audio could adapt to the type of chord NOT THE PITCH OF THE CHORD.

I hope i havent confused you. I am not trying to be dificult. I just want to understand and be clear what this thing can do because if it is actually able to do what you say it can then we really do have t
an amazing additional feature on an arranger that should be the main selling point of the MS. The whole problem with Styles would be redundant.

[This message has been edited by spalding1968 (edited 06-11-2009).]

#265194 - 06/11/09 04:52 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Did anyone notice that Melodyne is NOT a realtime operation? You can't integrate this into the style engine and have it change maj7 into min7 in realtime. It's an offline process. Sure, it will help you change a loop that doesn't have the chord you need into one that you do (albeit I haven't seen anything other than those easy to edit patterns they use in the demo), but you are STILL faced with the daunting task of hand editing every guitar loop so that it covers all possible needs. For every style, for every variation, for every fill.

Once again, where is the time for this? Would you care to comment about whether you HAVE actually made a style that uses audio only for the guitar chords, and can play ANY chord, and at ANY tempo (withing reason). How many loops did you use, and how long did it take you to make it? An audio example of it might help...

All I'm saying is... If it is THAT easy, and that quick to do, you are going to make a FORTUNE selling these styles to those of us that DON'T have the time, patience and skill to do it for ourselves. Or quickly find out that they take too long to do to make it worth your time. That is, if they even impress us enough. Oh, and don't forget... if you use a commercial loop library, you will have to get a licensing deal with the original producer of the content. Oops! There goes the profit!

I really CAN see how this stuff is great for trance, electronica, hiphop, etc.. No-one expects to be able to play a Min(maj7) in that style. But for the kind of music that most people DO use arrangers for, jazz, oldies, schlager, party music etc., complete guitar libraries are going to be essential.

Dom brought the MS out as essentially a MIDI based arranger with VSTi capabilities. Even back then he couldn't afford to hire good people to pack it with cutting edge TOTL styles. Now he has added all this complex audio loop technology, and all of a sudden things are going to get BETTER? I don't think so.

#265195 - 06/11/09 05:56 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
AFG Music Offline

spalding1968 you are confused to becouse the keyboard player on yutobe video is not me but domenico from lionstracs italy

#265196 - 06/11/09 08:43 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by AFG Music:
lool at this site:
http://www.celemony.com/cms/index.php?id=plugin1

you can also use this plugin with Qranger.

but about pitch shifting qranger use zplane elasteque pro plugin. the zplane can hande polyphonic picth shifting. qranger is so devolped that the pitch shifting can happend by pressing chords on keyboard. you can do more like play a mp3 song and press chords on keyboards and the mp3 song wil play in the same pitch as the pressed chord. for this option you can use audio songplayer.

"To play 36 guitar chords you would need to record 36 guitar strums one for each chord type then map them to the Qranger so that when you play C minor 9 it streams that piece of audio ie the strum that was done in C minor 9. and it will transpose that to d minor or f minor if thats the chord you are playing on the keyboard and so on... Have i understood that correctly because the manual doesnt help at all" correct you can do this to

one more demo video from first qranger release
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63S5PCbR8ro&feature=channel_page

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 06-11-2009).]

Glad to see that the MS is answering the call to appeal to younger players.
Their use of audio in styles is just what this younger market wants. This way the MS plays audio with styles as we would probably all agree is good for modern styles like hiphop, trans R and B and so on.

So the call has been answered by the MS for a manufacturer to make a keyboard geared to the modern player and not just the traditional player.

Page 18 of 37 < 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 36 37 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online