Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#264864 - 05/27/09 05:26 PM Re: Audya / T3 / PA2xpro playing a midi file
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
I think all of them were terrible!!
But if I were to say which one had an edge it would be the T3. Not that it sounded good, it just had a smoother flow to playing the song. I think the Korg and the Ketron are tide for last place.
It was nice to have that demo thanks for it. Not that I think the demo proves anything because as we know, none of us just take a midi file an play it without editing it for our specific keyboard.

Agreed....but one silly songs means nothing....

#264865 - 05/27/09 05:29 PM Re: Audya / T3 / PA2xpro playing a midi file
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
I'm sure there are much better midis that could have been used, I was going to play similar styles of the 3 for the next demo

What do you think?

Frank go for it the forum is so slow lately we need a jolt of new stuff to converse about....until Tyros 4, S950 & Roland G90, Pa3xpro come to market soon. Seems like every demo put another nail in the Audya coffin...really sad.

#264866 - 05/27/09 05:55 PM Re: Audya / T3 / PA2xpro playing a midi file
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Its funny, I've been getting emails and calls from people going crazy over the Audya. Each person taste and needs are different, the Audya seems very popular with the European and Latin players, the Tyros seems to be very popular with the NH and standards player, and the Korg with Middleeasterns and newer modern type stuff

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#264867 - 05/27/09 06:17 PM Re: Audya / T3 / PA2xpro playing a midi file
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Frank,
Thanks for taking the time to record.

When a midi files is recorded it does favor the type of instrument it is recorded on -- even though it is general midi. Having all three in the same recording gave me the opportunity to jump form one to the other, great idea.

My opinion – on a one to ten you did a seven, and for that thanks again.

I favor Yamaha -- but what I heard is:
1-Pa2x Pro
2-Tyros 3
3-Audya

John C.

#264868 - 05/27/09 09:05 PM Re: Audya / T3 / PA2xpro playing a midi file
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Frank, what midi type is the file, standard GM, or GS, XG or whatever mode?
Don't sound like the Audya using GM drumset,

In this take:

1. PA2X (2.nd best harmonica, but best balanced)
2. Yamaha ( Middle ranged, a kind of "flat" mixed)
3. Audya (Best harmonica, but something odd about the drumset,otherwise I
would range it higher on the list.

And of course, it's very personal, and would probably differ if listened live
and use several files when compare.

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#264869 - 05/27/09 09:21 PM Re: Audya / T3 / PA2xpro playing a midi file
mikey_maestro Offline

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
They all had their strong points and highlights. If I could only choose 1 the order would be as follows.

1. Korg
2. Yammie
3. Ketron

I thought the Ketron had the best harmonica, The pianos were close but i gave the edge to the yammie. The korg had better drums and brass and voices.

------------------
God Bless,
Mikey

www.mikeymaestro.com
www.myspace.com/kidconcert
www.balloonanimal.com
www.jokevid.com
www.youtube.com/kidconcert

#264870 - 05/27/09 09:21 PM Re: Audya / T3 / PA2xpro playing a midi file
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
1. Tyros Ironically only becasue on this particular song the drums sound much better then the Korg,especially the crash cymbal.
the Korgs "live" drums are better suited to rock then a tightly produced ballad.
2. Korg...Nicer piano. Better harmonica.Muted guitar was clearer in the mix. Would have sounded better and my pick for number 1 on "Brickhouse"

3. Audya......lifeless.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#264871 - 05/27/09 09:21 PM Re: Audya / T3 / PA2xpro playing a midi file
Kymon Offline

I wonder if people would pick the same rankings in a blind test

#264872 - 05/27/09 09:25 PM Re: Audya / T3 / PA2xpro playing a midi file
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
1. Tyros Ironically only becasue on this particular song the drums sound much better then the Korg,especially the crash cymbal.
the Korgs "live" drums are better suited to rock then a tightly produced ballad.
2. Korg...Nicer piano. Better harmonica.Muted guitar was clearer in the mix. Would have sounded better and my pick for number 1 if the song "Brick House" was the choice

3. Audya......lifeless.

Bottomline....It depends on the material which will sound better. Yamaha shines on the over produced polished studio stuff. Korg on the more raw in your face live stuff.

I don't "get" the Audya. It seems like a great idea that has yet to be fully implimneted.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#264873 - 05/27/09 10:56 PM Re: Audya / T3 / PA2xpro playing a midi file
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Roland invented the form. Most SMF's that come from the web, and a large majority of commercial SMF's are balanced on Roland products or computer sound sets. Let's face it, without the Sound Canvas, GM/GS would have died the death, as poorly as everyone else implemented it.

To my ears, little has improved. But it is fascinating to see a comparison that doesn't include the de facto standard for SMF playback, and basically concludes they ALL suck, to one degree or another

It certainly points out one of my 'stuck record' themes. It doesn't matter WHAT you buy, you are going to NEED to tweak darn near everything to some considerable degree before it sounds even as good as a Sound Canvas. Let alone much better. And how easy the tools to do that tweaking is pf primary importance to anyone that isn't so cloth eared they don't CARE that it sounds worse than a Sound Canvas...

Hopefully, that's most of us.

The next time a lack of a Break/Fill seems a dealbreaker to you, ask yourself what you would have to put yourself through when faced with tweaking thirty or forty new SMF's or styles for an act... with the cumbersome to non-existent tools that other arrangers provide (or don't!). And little time to do it in.

If you want to showcase the best of the soundset and drumsets that your arranger provides, and you use commercial or web SMF's to any degree at all (and use converted or third party styles), you ARE going to have to tweak A LOT...

Bear that in mind, the next arranger you lust after. Sure, it sounds good on its' OWN styles, but how well does it deal with anything else...?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online