Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 28 of 32 < 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 >
Topic Options
#264697 - 06/25/09 07:31 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Quote:
Originally posted by John DiLeo:
Well Fran we all have our favorites I still think the Tyros3 is hard to beat sound wise. I also enjoyed you latest entry too well done. I'm trying to find the chart for Lady of Spain just in case also.

Cass do you still think the best is yet to come from SZ member waiting for the end? Also could you put the links to all the entry songs in one post to make it easier to listen?

Kind of an OT question for you, JOHN. Have you ever seen the TV show "I've Got a Secret"? I loved the guest celebrity round.

T3, G70, PA2xPro, Audya, they're all great and each has its own set of "best" features. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It takes real moxie to accept the great features of others' favorites and let them stand on their own merits.

As for the individual links in one place - YES I will post them on a website before the end of the month. I need Donny's song to complete the present lineup.

Will the last entry(entries)be the best? Who knows, who cares. I just want to hear as many renditions as possible. I am a little disappointed, though, that a few of our big posters have gone silent. The outpouring of great playing and singing has refreshed this forum, if you ask me. Except for the uncalled for and unfortunate sparring matches this thread has presented the best of SZ - its members - playing a song in their own styles. Maybe its these members who should be spotlighted more often and not the bickering of a few. The eJam puts the spotlight on arranger-based music, just as SZ presents the forum for open arranger-based discussion and learning. We are the most active forum on the SZ. Maybe Nigel should close some of the others and open a new forum in the likness of The Bar, and call it the Bitch Ditch so people could have an open forum to snipe at each other.

Sorry for going off there. I hope I answered your questions.

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 06-25-2009).]

#264698 - 06/25/09 08:44 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
John DiLeo Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
As for the individual links in one place - YES I will post them on a website before the end of the month. I need Donny's song to complete the present lineup.

I am a little disappointed, though, that a few of our big posters have gone silent.

I had talked to Donny about a week ago via email he was very dissapointed in whats going on here, mostly due to what your refering to Cass. He also said he wouldn't be on here as much anymore either. I so much want to thank him for all his help when ever I asked too. Anyone that thinks Dnj only plays with SMF and not live styles is very misinformed big time also, he is the real deal. All the so called big SZ posters always overtaking posts & then when asked to post a simple song, they disappear or have some stupid excuse, we all know who they are & makes you really wonder eh? I myself will try to enter the next ejam to the best of my playing ability. Thank you Cass for starting this.

[This message has been edited by John DiLeo (edited 06-25-2009).]

#264699 - 06/25/09 09:09 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Anyone that thinks Dnj only plays with SMF and not live styles is very misinformed big time also, he is the real deal.

I myself will try to enter the next ejam to the best of my playing ability. Thank you Cass for starting this.

[

You're right about Donny being the "real deal", John...he doesn't have to take a back seat to anyone here.

He should be doing more instrumentals...we already know what a great voice he has...he should showcase his keyboard abilities more often.

It would be nice to hear you play, John...I do hope you follow up on your statement of posting a tune in the next ejam.

Ian

#264700 - 06/25/09 09:22 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
John DiLeo Offline

Ian,

It would be great to hear Dnj do an instrumental next also. I will surly try also to record a song into my S900. I'm also trying to figure out how to post a song here easily also.

#264701 - 06/25/09 11:34 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Ian,

It would be great to hear Dnj do an instrumental next also. I will surly try also to record a song into my S900. I'm also trying to figure out how to post a song here easily also.

John , what is your email address? I may have a Donny instrumental to send you....

#264702 - 06/25/09 11:45 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
cassp Offline

John - you can always send an mp3, mwa or wav file to me and I will post it on my private, SZ only page. I can then give you the address and you can link to it. Or, as I did with Fred, I wrote the post for him from his email. Never a problem to help a fellow SZer.

Donny - I will only say this one last time - you are too good and too talented to remove yourself from this thread or the SZ. To let someone else goad you into deleting posts and music is unnecessary. You, of all people, should know from your own words that you should let you words and music stand for yourself. It doesn't matter that someone remarked about your song being based on a SMF, what's wrong with that. SMFs are historically of poor quality and what you put out definitely took some time and talent in editing and pre-planning, which is as valuable as any style usage. You've heard all the others remark so positively, so stop acting foolishly and get back into this thing once and for all.

#264703 - 06/25/09 12:56 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
Dnj Offline

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 06-27-2009).]

#264704 - 06/25/09 01:54 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
cassp Offline

Now, that's a step in the right direction. Thank you for the compliment and thank you again for reposting.

As for others who may or may not post before the deadline - please do so ASAP so that we can hear and respond before the start of the "Lady of Spain" jam.

#264705 - 06/25/09 02:42 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
miden Offline

Loc: The World
I have no idea who you guys are referring to with the "non-posting" taunts, but as I quite clearly said.. I did not like the tunes selected. Simple as that. To try and make some-thing out of that is a bit silly really. And is making me re-think about even bothering with posts for next months selection (which I do happen to like btw).

I do not think folks HAVE to post simply because they may make a comment on the thread. It should be free enough and free of adverse comment should someone wait until there are tunes they like. It's not a gig where we HAVE to play a song that we normally would not

And comments making veiled generic criticisms have got to stop. If there is an individual to whom you are referring, say so (or if its 2 or 3 even). But PLEASE stop making "broad brush" comments that unfortunately sweep everyone else up too.

If you have an issue with one person, KEEP it to one person.

Dennis

#264706 - 06/25/09 02:52 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Well Cass maybe now that some non posting, excuse laden individuals & we all know whom they are, have proven themselves to be as such, of which I knew that all along.One month is more then enough time to post an entry.

Donny...come clean, buddy...who are these "excuse laden individuals who "we all know whom they are"?

I'm one "we" who honestly doesn't know "whom they are".

Is it possible for you to be more vague?

Names, please?

Page 28 of 32 < 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online