SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 12 of 32 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 31 32 >
Topic Options
#264537 - 06/14/09 09:11 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
John DiLeo Offline

Elizabeth, your music would be welcome here on SZ in the eJAM. As far as getting your music posted here to be posted many in the know would gladly help you through it for sure, just ask.Doesn't Technics KB's have a smart card of some sort to record a song on that can be transferred afterwards? Regarding the criticism & negativity that is part of what an open forum discussion is all about everyone has the right to voice their opinions pro or con.
To say you like something after hearing it just for the of sake of being nice when you really didn't enjoy it only makes things worse for the player involved & gives them a false sense of thinking their work is better then it could be. Constructive opinions help most of the time if they come from a source you can trust or from musicians you've heard play before also and not just talk. I myself have been trying to learn one of the songs for the eJAM also & will possibly be able to make an entry...if not this time but on the next one.

[This message has been edited by John DiLeo (edited 06-14-2009).]

#264538 - 06/14/09 09:31 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello Elizabeth...Nice to meet You!...Thank You for Posting...Wow 78, not that age matters,What's in one's Heart does...It's Wonderful You're Sharing The Musical Gifts You Have, and on a Volunteer Basis also...Music Touches the Soul, Makes People Happy,they can forget their sadness for a bit!...I find alot self self taught Musicians play from the Heart with such feeling, each with their own special touch!

We are both Somewhat alike (AS most in general are) I don't mind criticism only IF I ask For it... If I were to post any Music And Then only in a POSITIVE way as to Improve My Music...I'm 60, But Simply To Busy Now to work with Music... I do Look to the Zone for the Many Friends I have Spoke with Personaly (for Gracious Help)...As in the World Nothing is Perfect, We just Look for the Good!...Keep on Keepin On...Harold

#264539 - 06/14/09 11:23 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
It's amazing at the meager turnout of contributions to the eJAM......but you'll see 500 posts on speakers, 200 posts on VST's...everything else but playing actual music.....just goes to show ya that "talk the talk" ratio to "Walk the Walk". I think this thread signifies what really is going on. I was going to post "Here We Go Again" also, but why should I with this crap excuse laden support?... Sorry if this is insulting to anyone but that's the way I feel.kudos to all who participated.....and shame on the rest who didn't.

Yeah, that ought to work...

There have been fewer submissions than maybe we hoped for, but the first round isn't over yet and there's still over two weeks to send in one of the first group of suggestions.

Not everyone has ever suggested they wanted to submit songs for others to hear. The talk the talk/walk the walk thing is presumptuous on your part, Donny. This forum is open to all people who are interested in Arrangers, regardless if they perform professionally or not.

People visit here to learn about arrangers. Surely it doesn't make them less in any way because they don't share their work.

Guys like yourself, Cass, and all the others who do this for a living or have lots of performance are going to have an easier time of putting something together and posting it.

I think Cass's intent is to encourage participation and praise the efforts and skills of anyone who does. I think Cass is counting on guys like you, me and some others to provide samples of our work and encourage anyone else who needs a hand...

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#264540 - 06/14/09 11:25 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
Bill in Dayton Offline

Failed 1st attempt at response to Elizabeth's post...

[This message has been edited by Bill in Dayton (edited 06-14-2009).]

#264541 - 06/14/09 11:28 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
Bill in Dayton Offline

Elizabeth-

I think John's right...there should be some media (a memory card or stick or something) that would allow you to get your music to the computer.

I have to defer to my Technics friends here...I've never even seen one, let alone become familiar with it...

I admire how you currently share your talents and hope we can help you figure out how to share them here at the SZ...

Cheers-

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#264542 - 06/14/09 01:36 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
You are nice boys...Thank you for your responses...

JOHN DILEO.... Yes, the Technics 7K has both an SD card and floppy disc memory card.
It also has a USB port and I do have a cord that reaches my computer.
Perhaps my choice to use the word "criticism" was a poor choice...Hind sight is always so good! Constructive criticism is always welcome from others IF I ask for it, which one of you also mentioned.

Your profile does not mention where you are?
I do appreciate your comments... Thank you.

HAROLD S. Nice to meet you as well... (My son, Rick...Harold R. S.... will be 60 the 5th of Nov.)
You are absolutely correct, music is in the heart... For me it is the voice of love that comes from the soul... For me, everything is perfect in it's own state at each moment, moment by moment... each moment is an opportunity to grow, to evolve and become all that is possible to be....
Looking for the good in all things and glowing with the flow of life is for me, what life is about....

It seems as though there is a bit of a philosopher in you also??? I think you might be a cool communicator.... I suspect you are probably a cool musician as well...

BILL IN DAYTON... I have been to your website many times... I like what you are doing very much.... I would come to see you if I lived closer or ever drive my only home, a Motor Home to your neighborhood...

Yes, John is correct about the memory card.
The SZ folks on the Technics forum have all been helping me do things I want to do and learn about the AWESOME KN7000 for a very long time....

One of my budz over there in the U.K. is currently helping me with getting my sequenced music onto CD.... My stumbling block is in my head.... I can play just fine for my audiences. When I play at home into the recording system (the sequencer)..I get stage fright as I know it will be heard by others that I cannot make eye contact with as I play! In addition, I am my own best/worst critic!

Your quote of what Donny (DNJ) wrote is exactly why I posted above... What he wrote is not in the least encouraging, for others who may want to participate... IMO...
I appologise for my poor use of "criticism."

It would be so wonderful to find another Technics or anykind of arranger player in my S.E. corner of New Mexico who would want to jam with me once in awhile, or close enough that I could travel in my Motor Home to jam with him/her...

On my first visit to Carlsbad Caverns, just 25 miles south of my home base, was so very impressive to my ears...as well as my eyes... There is perfect silence...not a sound unless water drips, words are spoken and/or any other sound that might happen. My first thought was that I wanted to bring my 7K into that place and play it! There were some workers near who heard me tell my companion that I wanted to bring my KB into the cavern.... A voice from a worker asked me what kind of KB I play... He told me he also plays a Technics... I have tried to find out who that man is without success....

Tomorrow morning at my gig, a man I have never met will be there to hear my music... He is a former University Prof... a PHd in music! I must spend the rest of today playing and choosing my best to play for him! I do that anyway for my little audience of seniors...

Thank you Bill for your nice response and offer to help....

My thanks to all of you for your very welcome responses.... I do appreciate all of you and my budz over on the Technics forum....

Elizabeth....

------------------

#264543 - 06/14/09 01:46 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
Dnj Offline

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 06-16-2009).]

#264544 - 06/14/09 01:58 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Bill yea that's all well & good ...but don't you think it's a bit weird to hear day after day all the Mr know it alls that dont have a clue as to what they are talking about due to their in experience....

Who are these people, Donny?

#264545 - 06/14/09 02:17 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
Dnj Offline

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 06-16-2009).]

#264546 - 06/14/09 03:47 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
I'm sure you know excactly what I'm talking about you've been here long enough correctamundo my Northern friend?.

Actually, my friend, I really don't know.

I thought the e-jam was strictly voluntary, and there was no pressure for anyone to have to upload a tune.

Besides, the deadline is the end of the month, isn't it? A lot can happen before that comes around.

Ian

Page 12 of 32 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 31 32 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online