SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 10 of 32 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 31 32 >
Topic Options
#264517 - 06/09/09 02:45 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mr. Fred... That was Great...Sweet, Natural,Easy, smooth Voice, Nice chops...Are You sure You're 76?...MORE!.....Thanks Harold

#264518 - 06/09/09 03:13 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
John DiLeo Offline

Fred Wren you are a true professional in every sense of the word. Stylish, Classy, & you really made it your own. Well done, I will surly add this to my collection.

#264519 - 06/09/09 10:46 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
mikey_maestro Offline

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
Well, here's my eJam song Here We Go Again . It's still not what I'd like, but I can't keep rerecording this song; I'm getting tired of it and I like it so much when I hear Ray Charles do it.

Being a white boy, I just haven't got that gospel feel I'd like to have, so I used the Slow Country style from my G70. The left hand parts were FM EP2 and Warm Strings. The right hand parts were Vintage EP1 and Darwbars.

I recorded directly into a Boss BR532 4track digital (using two tracks). I then added reverb and balanced track on Nero Wave Editor.

This is a 'simple' three chord song and easy enough for anyone to have fun with. I hope you enjoy my version.

Cass Pawlowski

not bad gospel inflection for a white boy, Great job Cass, Love the voice!

------------------
God Bless,
Mikey

www.mikeymaestro.com
www.myspace.com/kidconcert
www.balloonanimal.com
www.jokevid.com
www.youtube.com/kidconcert

#264520 - 06/10/09 05:37 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
It seems that "The Nearness of You" has been the overwhelming choice for our #1 eJam anthem. So, I've succumbed and recorded my own version. My only real complaint this time is the length. Maybe I should have done a Donny and put a little more swing tempo into it, but the song just begged for a slower approach. I hope you enjoy it.

The Nearness of You - cp

I used a Big Band Slow style with Orch Strings on the left hand. I stayed with the Piano Grand X and a slight peppering of Elec Piano I on the right hand.

I would like to add that I too have benefitted much from this first eJam. I have become reacquainted with my G70 and my recorder. I have become more comfortable with choosing and using styles. I have learned how to better merge tracks and add reverb. The interaction with all of the participants has been great and has really gotten my creative juices flowing again.

#264521 - 06/10/09 06:06 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
Dnj Offline

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 06-16-2009).]

#264522 - 06/10/09 07:11 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
cassp Offline

That's great news, Donny. Thanks so much for reconsidering. Your rendition started us off and now it can keep us going.

Still waitng on Mikey, who says he's "busy" and Diki who pushed me on thru the rough beginnings. I hope there are plenty of others. Give it a try.

#264523 - 06/10/09 10:11 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
Retired Offline

Loc: England
[Cass-- THANKS SO MUCH, FRED FOR TRUSTING ME WITH YOUR MUSIC. HERE IS YOUR "SECOND" ENTRY JUST AS YOU SENT IT.]

Hi Cass,
Thank you for including my second entry of “The Nearness of You”
in the current eJam,
I didn’t realise you had problems with your webpage, I am sorry if I caused you any unnecessary hassle, I am just pleased, you have got me interested again in my music.
I don’t know much about websites as I have not needed one, but looking around the internet, I believe you can use some websites for free for the
occasional song, I will look into that, when you do your next eJam.
(smiling face)…. something else I’ve got to learn to do!
Just when I was thinking of buying myself a rocking chair, I have found a new interest…Thank you Cass.

Your version of the of the “Nearness of You” was worth waiting for, a great
Job. Thank you.
Fred Wren

#264524 - 06/10/09 05:51 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Hey! I've got company in the lounge!

Nice job, Cassanova!

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#264525 - 06/10/09 06:12 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
cassp Offline

Thanks Bill. I got your phone message. As coincidence would have it, I was at the dealership having my front tire looked at - it was running low. It seems there was a tiny, little penquin beak stuck in the tread. Got it out and all is well - BIG lmao.

Oh, and the beak had a tiny, little 87 printed on it too. Wonder what that's all about. he he he...

#264526 - 06/11/09 07:02 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
cassp Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
I saw your announcement on the General Arraner Keyboard Forum and thought I would arrange "The nearness of you" At 76yr of age, most of this technology goes right
over my head. I did the song on the Yamaha psr-900, recorded it on a usb stick, put on the coputer, managed to change it to an
mp3, and sent it to Cass. - Fred Wren

Nice one, Fred...I like to play it as a Latin as well (I use Bossa Nova), but I really like the way you used the Beguine style.

Nice job.

Ian, it's your turn. We're waiting...

Page 10 of 32 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 31 32 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online