SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 32 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 31 32 >
Topic Options
#264467 - 05/30/09 07:50 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
What the hell happened here?! I go away for a few hours and all hell breaks loose.

Bill - thanks for that very accurate and heartfelt synopsis. All I have to add is - I'm not a saint.

Diki - I love ya, man but sometimes you just have to put the guns down. You set/have some pretty high standards most of the time. Your nit-picking, though, takes away from all the positive things you have to offer. Lighten up and let things be sometimes (as in now). People are different and sometimes we have to hold our tongues - that's the way it is.

Donny (DNJ) - I love you too, but you drive me crazy. You complain about things, then go ahead and champion the cause. How can you do that? I was ecstatic to see your eJam post. I knew it was an SMF; I knew it wasn't yours; I knew that that is probably the way you would present it live; so, what's the big deal. You let ONE guy pull your chain and you take your ball and go home. C'mon now, you're a better man than that. If all you're here for is a stone throwing bout with Diki, then do it somewhere else. Everyone else on this thread has been very positive about your and all the songs so far.

THIS IS NOT A CONTEST! IT IS AN eJAM. My understanding of a jam is that everyone plays and contributes to the music. Depending on the song, everyone contributes what he/she can - some more, some less. Talent is overlooked for the moment because the immediacy and emotion of the music takes precedence. This jam is a little different because each person has to produce the song separately, but the rest of definition remains.

If we were all playing together and taking turns, wouldn't someone or something have to provide the basic track for the song? Isn't that akin to playing along with a midi or mp3 to some extent? And if someone decides to sing during his solo, isn't that just part of the overall jam?

So, as Diki has proclaimed, it's MY idea so this time we'll do it my way. I say let everyone submit his/her version of the song as he/she wishes. If you like it, speak up. If you want to make constructive suggestions, please do so. If you don't like what you hear, be kind.

As I stated about three eon's ago when I started this post, I love Diki and Donny. I want them both to post their songs on this eJam and I want them to do it their way. If they (or anyone else) can't do without over-reacting, then please step back and let the rest of us enjoy the music.

#264468 - 05/30/09 08:33 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
Dnj Offline

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 05-30-2009).]

#264469 - 05/30/09 10:20 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
In case anyone is now tempted to NOT submit a tune, ignore what Donny wrote. Its complete and total BS. Shame that such a talented man reacts the way he chooses to to things...

Everyone is welcome to submit a version of one or more of these tunes. Our responses will be friendly and hopefully well received. Its time our "better angels" came to the forefront, behaviorally speaking, lol...

Let there be music!

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#264470 - 05/31/09 08:27 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
Dnj Offline

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 06-01-2009).]

#264471 - 06/01/09 04:38 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
John DiLeo Offline

Hi, is the eJam still in effect?
I was looking forward to hearing other contributions.

#264472 - 06/01/09 05:42 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
Bill in Dayton Offline

Absolutely...

I was going to record mine yesterday, but a very attractive woman asked me out on a date and it was too late to work on when I/we get home...

Besides, the Penguins/Red Wings game was coming on and I don't miss the Pens!

Speaking of which, Cass is too busy gloating about his Wings to me on Facebook, so he probably won't have anything for posting until after the Stanley Cup Finals are over...

Which may be sooner than I planned on, lol...

I should have mine up tomorrow morning...

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#264473 - 06/01/09 05:57 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
It runs to the end of June, doesn't it?

Or is there a prize for first in? (That's already taken, anyway!)

Is everybody using a download service that will allow it to remain up until the deadline? Presumably, once everything is in and the date reached would be the best time to compare (but not judge )...

#264474 - 06/01/09 06:44 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
Bill in Dayton Offline

I'll just be posting mine to my website.

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#264475 - 06/02/09 08:24 AM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I'm still mentally fine tuning my first song. The wife has been home and we have been busy going here and there. Bill has been calling and crying on my shoulder about his poor Penquins. I hope to have mine posted to my website later this week. Keep those cards and letters (song posts) coming.

#264476 - 06/02/09 01:49 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill in Dayton:
I was going to record mine yesterday, but a very attractive woman asked me out on a date and it was too late to work on when I/we get home...

So you would rather work on an attractive woman than a tune for our eJam?

Where's your dedication, where's your competitive spirit, where's your creative spark? (where's your little blue pills?!)

Page 5 of 32 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 31 32 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online