SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#264306 - 05/24/09 12:30 PM HOW MANY AUYDA IN USA
Tony Hughes Offline

Hi Folks,

How many of you have Ketron Audya can you get them yet?

Regards

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 05-24-2009).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#264307 - 05/24/09 02:24 PM Re: HOW MANY AUYDA IN USA
Dnj Offline

#264308 - 05/24/09 03:50 PM Re: HOW MANY AUYDA IN USA
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Ketron has decided to forego selling any more Audya's in the U.S. unfortunately. Frank's measly few Audya units will apparently be the last Audya's to wash up on the shores of the United States it looks like. If you didn't get one of Frank's first few (and only) then too bad.

Ketron's reasoning (why they did what they did) was because of the United States utter hostility and verbal tongue lashing its citizens gave towards Ketron's latest Flagship offering, and Ketron has decided it's not worth their time nor the effort to continue to market the Audya in the U.S. If you want an Audya hereafter you will unfortunately have to move to Europe or Asia (any place other than the U.S. that is.. ) to be able to purchase the Audya.

PS: U.S. citizens can try to get a temporary visa to either Mexico or Canada and establish (set up) a temporary residence there and then after six months you will then be able to order the Audya from Ketron directly or buy it in retail stores that eventually will carry them, since they (Ketron) will still sell the Audya in both Mexico and Canada. If you show only "American" citizenship Ketron will have to deny your attempt to purchase the Audya unfortunately. Hence the reason and need to set up a temporary residency and citizenship in either Canada or Mexico.

>> I'm patiently waiting for AJ to provide some type of rebuttal to my argument but I am not really expecting one.

All the best,
Mike

April 1st 2010

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 05-24-2009).]

#264309 - 05/24/09 04:00 PM Re: HOW MANY AUYDA IN USA
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
And I wouldn't blame them a bit if they did that!
DonM

#264310 - 05/24/09 04:01 PM Re: HOW MANY AUYDA IN USA
Anonymous
Unregistered

The US market is an irrelevance as far as international arranger sales are concerned. Sorry and all that.

#264311 - 05/24/09 04:38 PM Re: HOW MANY AUYDA IN USA
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Mike.., the US as a whole is way down on the bottom when it comes to numbers sold here. It's not fair to blame Ketron like that. Yeah.., we did give it a lash'n.., but I highly doubt that Ketron's going to make a decision like that based on what they see here on the Zone.

Hell.., we're lucky to have any major TOTL arrangers here as it is. Korg and Yamaha are really keeping to it with the US market. Sadly.., Roland hasn't really shown much interest.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#264312 - 05/24/09 05:47 PM Re: HOW MANY AUYDA IN USA
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
If nobody made styles appropriate to the European market, or the Middle Eastern market, or the Balkan market, they would sell just as abysmally there as they do here. When is anyone going to learn (I mean, for Pete's sake! all they have to do is listen to American radio!) that music over here is quite different to over there...

If your sales model involves ONLY making styles for people fifty years and older (in the US market), you are doomed to diminishing sales and eventual obsolescence. Young people in Europe dance and party to those dance styles. Young people in Romania dance to their music's styles. But young people in America do NOT dance or party to the styles in any contemporary arranger.

Fix THAT, and the American market opens back up. Let's face it, we are a pretty big chunk of the WS market. Despite the economy, there IS money over here..! But you have to build a product that more than retirees (and those that play for them ) will dance to.

#264313 - 05/24/09 08:34 PM Re: HOW MANY AUYDA IN USA
hitman Offline

Loc: VA/ USA
I think the problem lies within the copyright laws. If they offered modern styles that even closely resamble popular songs, the greedy lawyers in this country would eat them alive. On the other hand western Europe has strict laws, but people create their own styles.

So why doesn't anybody offer custom styles like in Europe, Middle East and the Balkans?

#264314 - 05/24/09 10:39 PM Re: HOW MANY AUYDA IN USA
Tony Hughes Offline

Hi,

I asked the question about the number of Audya in the USA because here in the UK they are hard to get at the moment.
I do have one.
I am totally confused about the whole thing, if they are as bad as you make out can someone call AJ and tell him he can stop his YOUTUBE Audya teach-in sessions and if KETRON don’t look at this site perhaps he can call them.
If you have taken a look at some of the YOUTUBE demos you can see and hear that it is good, there are obviously the usual problems that you will have picked up from various forums, no manual ,there is still some works to do and it is a great pity that Ketron don’t look at forums like this .
I know people moan like hell sometimes for nothing but sometimes people are justified in moaning.
Happy Audyaingggggggg when and if you get one???

PS I could get on a plane and bring you one across the pond (Atlantic)

Let me see - Auyda £4000.00 Shorty to go up in price I have heard
Plane ticket £1000.00
Visa £ 60.00
Bit of Mark up for me shopping money you know Big Apple

Oh well as Homer Simpson would say “Doh!”

Regards

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#264315 - 05/24/09 11:43 PM Re: HOW MANY AUYDA IN USA
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
SZ or any other forum is the last thing that any develloper at all looks at and decides on
basis of that. Not just Machine devellopers but even people like me, sounds and whatever
devellopers, i have nothing to do with the forums and what people said on the forums never
bothered me, its always the same few people bashing around who will never buy anything,
forums is the LAST concern about any devellopers. This is not a hearsay, its a fact i live with
day by day, every single day. You get a bunch of people in here that have nothing else to do
and just bullshit around for no reason and on the other side you get 20-25 customers a week
which you never saw on the forums and which have never heard about forums.
So dont worry about SZ or else, KETRON people are jut laughing at us here.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online