Also interesting to check through previous years

#263872 - 05/20/09 02:36 AM Re: Korg PA2x gets the 2009 Award
Dnj Offline

Looks like more advertising fluff!

#263873 - 05/20/09 03:28 AM Re: Korg PA2x gets the 2009 Award
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Now don't piss off the MIPA, Donny.

Nobody took them seriously after MusikMesse '39 either, and then they invaded Austria and Poland on a weekend binge-drinking rampage...

#263874 - 05/20/09 06:38 AM Re: Korg PA2x gets the 2009 Award
Dnj Offline

They must be so proud.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 05-20-2009).]

#263875 - 05/20/09 07:48 AM Re: Korg PA2x gets the 2009 Award
leezone Offline

not the AUDYA ??? ;-)

#263876 - 05/20/09 08:08 AM Re: Korg PA2x gets the 2009 Award
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
not the AUDYA ??? ;-)

Maybe there is another award catagory for the Audya?

#263877 - 05/20/09 08:44 AM Re: Korg PA2x gets the 2009 Award
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I use to think M.I.P.A. was the equivalent of what the Grammy's are to the music recording industry i.e. a highly distinctive and "deserved" honor. And M.I.P.A proclaims that very same connotation i.e. it's akin to the Grammy awards, only for musical products. After carefully watching and examining the M.I.P.A. awards for going on several years now I can't help but think that M.I.P.A. has somehow become influenced and/or biased by the Music Media and Manufacturers, which is essentially the hand that feeds them, and consequently, are the ones that 'line' their pockets. M.I.P.A.'s pockets are, in my humble opinion, being 'lined' and "influenced" by Media bias and it appears (from the outside looking in) that there are shenanigans going on at the highest levels of management possibly.

Of course since I don't work for M.I.P.A. my "hunches" are only hunches but through my acute disernment it appears not is all as it should be at the halls of M.I.P.A. Just like not all is as it should be at the Halls of the U.S. Congress, Pelosi not withstanding.

For example, I've seen them (M.I.P.A.) exclude (deny) an award for a certain product that was up for that year's award category, and then the next year that same product is up again for the same award category and it somehow WINS!?!?! BTW, this was NOT a product that had just been released a few weeks prior to the M.I.P.A. awards where the judges couldn't thoroughly test it out if they wanted or desired to. The product had already been on the market many months. Yet here we have a product that was the first time up for an award and they (M.I.P.A.) dissed it and then turn around the next year and they give it top prize??

BTW, the product in question was the Tyros2 and it makes you wonder what kind of "strong arm" tactics Yamaha used to "influence" M.I.P.A. to do an about face?

So I am beginning to feel that M.I.P.A. is somehow being corrupted (maybe too harsh of a word but I'll throw it out there anyway.. ) instead of them being absolutely "impartial" and fair in their judging.

Because of the shenanigans I see going on I really don't trust M.I.P.A. that much anymore to give us (the consumers) a fair and "balanced" verdict. When there is the possibility of pockets being lined and/or judges being "influenced" for possible financial gain then it takes a once respected organization and makes it into a puppet of the Media state. And consumers are the ones being misled and misinformed in the process unfortunately.

PS: These are all my own personal opinions from having "observed" the M.I.P.A. awards process for many years now, and are not stated or intended as "verified" facts. Just observations and questions about certain things that just don't seem to add up in my opinion. But what do I know..

All the best,
Mike

#263878 - 05/20/09 11:26 AM Re: Korg PA2x gets the 2009 Award
mc Offline

Loc: New York
it must have been for "Best Recycled Styles"

#263879 - 05/20/09 12:05 PM Re: Korg PA2x gets the 2009 Award
leezone Offline

and prize for:
"one of the most expensive arranger that's not yet available in US goes to...."

i'm sure we all know ;-)

[This message has been edited by leezone (edited 05-20-2009).]

#263880 - 05/20/09 12:16 PM Re: Korg PA2x gets the 2009 Award
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Nobody takes the NAMM awards seriously, why elevate our European cousins?

BTW, you remember after Musikmesse '39 and that invasion of Poland? Didn't Yamaha and Korg and Roland and Casio (and even little Ketron ) all join in on MIPA's side, just in case they missed out on a nomination at the next year's awards ceremony?

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online