Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#263163 - 05/14/09 08:08 PM Re: Bose compact vs Podium 802's vs Logitech Z5500
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
Well we used a stereo double Bose house System on Mother's Day for two shows......nice

Used our own Single Bose system last night for another show....just as nice.

Some of the same people came to both shows and I asked them if they noticed any difference in the sound.

As I expected they said no, both shows were great sounding. Surprisingly I felt just as confident about my performance in both shows.

No one does not need two Bose Systems unless they find their performances won't stand on their own with just one.

(I guess that would make 4 Bose systems 4X as good.....Hmmmmmmm just how much better will we be with SIX Bose systems....)

To expect an audience member(s) to notice a difference in sound using one Bose or two is ridiculous. ... unless you are performing in true surround sound vs a PA (of ANY type) on stage, I doubt that ANYONE would hear the difference ...

And a poor performance is not going to be any better played in mono, stereo, surround sound, WHATEVER ..

t.

#263164 - 05/14/09 09:38 PM Re: Bose compact vs Podium 802's vs Logitech Z5500
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
If I decide to run two of the Compacts, it will be for ME, not the audience!

DonM

#263165 - 05/15/09 05:45 AM Re: Bose compact vs Podium 802's vs Logitech Z5500
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
No one does not need two Bose Systems unless they find their performances won't stand on their own with just one.

)

I'm sorry that two Bose systems failed to increase your confidence level.

We all know, the better we sound (to ourselves), the more confident we are in our performance.

A one dimensional mono PA system does not make us sound as good as a stereo system....lets' face it, if mono were better, stereo would not be the chosen medium for everything from radio, TV, movies and of course, musical performances.

Better sounding...more confidence...making any sense to you, son?

So, the corollary is, if having the Bose in stereo, does not increase your confidence level, then might I suggest the following confidence boosters for you...

1.Spruce up your appearance. Take time for proper grooming and dressing.

2.Shower and shave everyday. Brush your teeth. Run a comb through your hair. While these things are simple, you’d be surprised by the number of men who fail to do them.

3.Set goals and meet them. Confident men make goals and keep them. Goals are promises we make to ourselves. How can you have confidence in yourself if you can’t keep a promise to yourself?

4.Exercise. Nothing can boost manly confidence like exercise. The increased blood flow makes you feel good and hormones are released that boost your confidence.

4.Learn a new skill. Confident men are constant learners. By learning a new skill, you demonstrate to yourself that you’re capable of adapting to anything that life throws at you. There are millions of skills that you can acquire in this life. Find one you have always wanted to know and get to work on it. Want to know a martial art? Call a dojo and sign up for a class. Want to learn how to fix a car? Go to the library today and check out books on auto repair. Just do something, damn it!

5.Take stock of past success. Sit down in your man chair and dim the lights. Think back to moments in life when you were successful. They don’t have to be huge successes. By remembering past successes, you’ll show yourself you’re not a complete screw up.

Try these out Froggy...they have worked for others, and by applying yourself to these suggestions, perhaps they may work for you, and wouldn't it be wonderful if your flagging confidence was renewed.

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 05-15-2009).]

#263166 - 05/15/09 09:32 AM Re: Bose compact vs Podium 802's vs Logitech Z5500
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
I'm sorry that two Bose systems failed to increase your confidence level.

We all know, the better we sound (to ourselves), the more confident we are in our performance.

A one dimensional mono PA system does not make us sound as good as a stereo system....lets' face it, if mono were better, stereo would not be the chosen medium for everything from radio, TV, movies and of course, musical performances.

Better sounding...more confidence...making any sense to you, son?

So, the corollary is, if having the Bose in stereo, does not increase your confidence level, then might I suggest the following confidence boosters for you...

1.Spruce up your appearance. Take time for proper grooming and dressing.

2.Shower and shave everyday. Brush your teeth. Run a comb through your hair. While these things are simple, you’d be surprised by the number of men who fail to do them.

3.Set goals and meet them. Confident men make goals and keep them. Goals are promises we make to ourselves. How can you have confidence in yourself if you can’t keep a promise to yourself?

4.Exercise. Nothing can boost manly confidence like exercise. The increased blood flow makes you feel good and hormones are released that boost your confidence.

4.Learn a new skill. Confident men are constant learners. By learning a new skill, you demonstrate to yourself that you’re capable of adapting to anything that life throws at you. There are millions of skills that you can acquire in this life. Find one you have always wanted to know and get to work on it. Want to know a martial art? Call a dojo and sign up for a class. Want to learn how to fix a car? Go to the library today and check out books on auto repair. Just do something, damn it!

5.Take stock of past success. Sit down in your man chair and dim the lights. Think back to moments in life when you were successful. They don’t have to be huge successes. By remembering past successes, you’ll show yourself you’re not a complete screw up.

Try these out Froggy...they have worked for others, and by applying yourself to these suggestions, perhaps they may work for [b]you
, and wouldn't it be wonderful if your flagging confidence was renewed.

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 05-15-2009).][/B]

I am glad to learn by virtue of a stereo performance you are able to avoid those pertinent time tested and some lofty steps to success. For the rest of us mortals, we can achieve the heights we set out for in mono, I did anyway.......Just like 90% of every successful touring band, Broadway show and 90% of all MAJOR venues in Las Vegas, Atlantic City, Branson MO, where people pay far more than a merely a beer or cup of coffee for entry only to suffer the show they chose to see in M O N O.......

I can understand why you need live stereo so much given that you seem to think you perform better awash in stereo sound. But that is not a universal feeling.

Stereo has it's place.....Close proximity speakers, headphones, planes, trains and automobiles and small venues. But when you spent 20 years performing in large mono venues you don't suddenly need Stereo to boost your confidence in front of a couple hundred people......at least I don't.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 05-15-2009).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#263167 - 05/15/09 09:36 AM Re: Bose compact vs Podium 802's vs Logitech Z5500
Dnj Offline

#263168 - 05/15/09 10:02 AM Re: Bose compact vs Podium 802's vs Logitech Z5500
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:

Just like 90% of every successful touring band, Broadway show and 90% of all MAJOR venues in Las Vegas, Atlantic City, Branson MO, where people pay far more than a merely a beer or cup of coffee for entry only to suffer the show they chose to see in M O N O.......
Stereo has it's place.....Close proximity speakers, headphones, planes, trains and automobiles and small venues.

Exactly my point. I don't play stadiums, I do small to medium size venues, where stereo excels.

Line array speakers, like the Bose, aren't your typical cabinet on a stick system...the stereo sweet spot is exceptionally enhanced, and make it all worthwhile.

Stay with boring old mono, if it helps with your confidence (so, none of the above suggestions actually helped you?), but if you really want to improve your sound (and who doesn't?), in the venues that allow for stereo sound, you best be going with two Bose systems.

Otherwise, you're still living in the past....works for some I guess.

Ian

#263169 - 05/15/09 10:19 AM Re: Bose compact vs Podium 802's vs Logitech Z5500
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Exactly my point. I don't play stadiums, I do small to medium size venues, where stereo excels.

Line array speakers, like the Bose, aren't your typical cabinet on a stick system...the stereo sweet spot is exceptionally enhanced, and make it all worthwhile.

Stay with boring old mono, if it helps with your confidence (so, none of the above suggestions actually helped you?), but if you really want to improve your sound (and who doesn't?), in the venues that allow for stereo sound, you best be going with two Bose systems.

Otherwise, you're still living in the past....works for some I guess.

Ian

You miss the point...Boring mono does not HELP with confidence. Stereo does not help with confidence. Confidence has NOTHING to do with mono or stereo. If it did I would have been in deep shyte when I started playing larger venues. It's because I played in those situations I don;t have a preference today not despite playing in those venues.

I like stereo. I like listening in stereo. I love surround on the home theater, I just don;t think its worth the extra cash or even the extra 15 minutes of set up to play every small gig in stereo. It's a PERSONAL decision, not a universal rule. Confidence is something generated by my preparation for the show, not the sound system. I had better be at maximum confidence before I even sing the first note or I'm in trouble and another tower won't fix that....
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#263170 - 05/15/09 10:51 AM Re: Bose compact vs Podium 802's vs Logitech Z5500
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
I just don;t think its worth the extra cash or even the extra 15 minutes of set up to play every small gig in stereo.

This is where we differ...I take pride in sounding my best at every gig.

It seems you suffer more from complacency than lack of confidence.

Ian

#263171 - 05/15/09 11:13 AM Re: Bose compact vs Podium 802's vs Logitech Z5500
ianmcnll Offline

Double post.

#263172 - 05/15/09 04:30 PM Re: Bose compact vs Podium 802's vs Logitech Z5500
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Yo Donny,
I was wondering if you can do me a personal favor and include how the Bose Compact might compare to the Barbettas in your 'torture test' comparison (“…great sound Tight bass, Crisp Highs and Robust overall, lightweight, easy to stack and transport, awesome mixer and EQ features…”)? Thanks.
Ciao,
Jerry

Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online