SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#262944 - 05/09/09 06:30 AM Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I've been getting countless emails about the OS on the Audya in the videos, it is a beta version and here are a couple of the upgrades.

KETRON AUDYA

New MAIN VIEW : This new main view screen will allow the user direct and quick access to main control features of AUDYA such as Styles and Voices, accessing song files ( Midi , MP3 or Wave), Registrations … etc – all done from the main screen controls.

On this same page, the AUTOSWITCH TIME feature allows one to select the delay time (in seconds) for the display to automatically return to the main screen after a STYLE or SOUND or REGISTRATION …etc has been selected.

The status for both the Main View and Autoswitch time can be saved in the Custom Start up, so each time the keyboard is turned on, these settings need not be repeated.

* F1 : Direct access to the Styles in the current Style group (normal access by using the Style Group buttons is still available). Return to the Main View by pushing Exit.

* F2 : Direct access to Single Registrations. If the function Numeric (User tab 3/8 – with the Registration button lit) is set to On, it is now possible to load the Single Registers by entering their numeric values ; if it is set to Off then the Registration directory is displayed on the right side of the screen. Scroll through with the cursor buttons or data value wheel and select/load by pressing Enter.

* F3/F4 : Direct access to the Player. The Midi folder is the default folder associated with these buttons, however the Wave, Mp3, DJLoop and SFX folders may be also be associated and accessed by pressing their dedicated tabs.

Scroll through with the cursor buttons or data wheel and load by pressing Enter. Pause with User button 1/6 and Stop with User button 2/7.

When a player file is loaded, the functions 2nd Voice, Left Voice and Chord are temporally not displayed ( you can switch back to display these by pressing the tabs F8 or F9 ).

If the file includes Lyrics or Txt these take the entire screen place assigned for player.

(switch back for Lyric On/Off with F10).

With this search tool, it is possible to address directly the files within the directories..

· F6 irect access to the lead Right Voices. Return to the Main View by pressing Exit.

· F7 : Direct access to the 2nd Voice. With Octave + / - it is possible to select the octave ; with the User tab 5 /10, it is possible to Lock the 2nd Voice sound, so that when you change from one lead Right voice to another, the 2nd voice remains constant. The 2nd Voice setu up can be saved with Save.

· F8 : Direct access to the Left Voice selection when visualized.

· F8/F9 : when the player is active, it is possible to return on the main screen with these tabs.

· F10 : Lyric On/Off selection. This displays the lyrics (where applicable) on the right side of the screen

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#262945 - 05/09/09 06:59 AM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
twiceduo Offline

Loc: Denmark
Is there any new style or some style is mixed better. And a bug in os 1.2A is that when a intro or fill is finish then there is a sometimes noise before the arranger take over and is coming from the audio drums.

#262946 - 05/09/09 07:05 AM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
"the AUTOSWITCH TIME feature allows one to select the delay time (in seconds) for the display to automatically return to the main screen after a STYLE or SOUND or REGISTRATION …etc has been selected."

Hmm... seems Ketron now considers screen lag a "feature" instead of everyone else considering it a "bug". I fail to see the benefit of screen lag when switching between menu screens or the Main screen. And what kind of delay are we talking about I wonder. A half second, one second, five seconds, ninety seconds? When playing a keyboard, and especially when gigging, you want everything to happen "now" i.e. as quick as possible, as opposed to "later". So again, I fail to see to benefit of something happening "later" or "much later" when, in my opinion, speed is of the essence when switching screens, etc.

All the best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 05-09-2009).]

#262947 - 05/09/09 07:13 AM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
keybplayer Offline

Looks like beta?? OS 2.0 still is NOT including any kind of micro editing capability for the Audya. Didn't AJ say there would be micro editing capability included for the Audya with OS 2.0? Or is "beta??" OS 2.0 excluded in that deal.

All the best,
Mike

#262948 - 05/09/09 07:18 AM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
keybplayer Offline

Oops! Looks like you are only including a "few" of the many??? enhancements included with beta?? OS 2.0 eh Frank? I'll have to scour the internet for the full list I guess. Thanks Frank.

All the best,
Mike

#262949 - 05/09/09 07:50 AM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
Dnj Offline

The Audya has to be the most Berated arranger of all time....buy people who dont even own or played one.

#262950 - 05/09/09 08:35 AM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
frankieve Offline

Yes, there are many more features that I have not listed that are in the new OS coming out.

as for the "screen lag" comment.

This feature is in Korg but not in Yamaha.

on a yamaha you can be in the main screen, go to select a guitar sound, then you have to hit the exit button to get back to the main screen.

Korg will automatically switch back to the main screen if you desire, the Ketron goes one step further by giving you the ability to decide how long before it switches back to the main screen.

This can be very helpful when you get multiple pages in and want to get to the main page.

Yes DNJ, that poor board is getting beat up pretty bad, for no-one having one.

Well I'm going tonite to try it on a job

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#262951 - 05/09/09 08:52 AM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
Yes DNJ, that poor board is getting beat up pretty bad, for no-one having one.

Well I'm going tonite to try it on a job

Frank I hear you, all useless banter from no backup nitpickers as usual.....who cares what anyone else thinks?.....go out there and make it your own...let your talent make it work for you.I for one really appreciate your demo videos & advice as always....

good luck awaiting your next onstage gig review of the Audya.

#262952 - 05/09/09 09:23 AM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Donny,

It's easy to criticize vs.wait, see and hear in person, than judge.I am certain that even this statement may be criticized.

#262953 - 05/09/09 09:40 AM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
Dnj Offline

Exactly Dan.....many times I drove to Maryland to your stores & get great hands on demos & advice from you on Ketron units...not to mention all your super Ketron Video instructional demos also which helped me get started with new Ketron units many many times....
I thanked you then & thank you now it's appreciated.....most of these critics can't walk the walk period tells ya something eh!

TYYL

#262954 - 05/09/09 11:56 AM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
On the other hand, one doesn't actually have to PLAY something to comment about well known OS issues, or to listen to supplied demos and notice timing glitches, fills in Variations, and mismatched chords in the guitar part... Do you?

I don't believe the Audya is getting an unfair shake, but something this delayed in production, and this much more expensive than it's competition needs to be held to a higher standard. Just as we cut little slack to Wersi for their $6000+ arrangers that rarely sound as good as a T3 (or even my G70 ), we should be equally as sharp in discussing the Audya's shortcomings.

We have got to the point that user demos (I count Frank's in that category, too - he certainly isn't obfuscating the asked questions) are coming out, and we CAN 'hear for ourselves' what it sounds like... So far, other than the drums, IMO I am not hearing anything that a T3 or PA2X can't do (and either of those COULD load up drum audio loops and play them just like the Audya, if their owners could be bothered to do it).

Sure, it sounds good... so does a T3, so does a PA2Xpro. But is it $5000 good? So far, IMO, no... I'm still waiting for that "OMG! I have GOT to have one of these...!" moment.

So cut US a little slack... For what the Audya initially promised, for the price point it has arrived at, I think we are cutting it as much slack as any other arranger's launch. I DEFINITELY remember the T3 getting as blunt an assessment during it's launch...

#262955 - 05/09/09 11:58 AM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
Diki Offline

Oh, BTW, remember Donny is the guy that dumped every Ketron he ever bought...

#262956 - 05/09/09 12:18 PM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
frankieve Offline

I love the drama!!!!

Yes there are bugs and issues, I never said there wasn't. Will they be fixed, I hope so!!!

I do feel its a bit raw, and there's a lot for the OS to fix, but 98% can be fixed by software.

The couple that I sold loved all the features, the dual seperate mics and line in (saved them a mixer) the wav/mp3 with crossfade (saved them the laptop media player)

Or a vocalizer mic pre that actually works ( can't remember who is on their 4th or 5th try and is still sub par
Now these are specific situations for those gentlemen

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#262957 - 05/09/09 12:32 PM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
Diki Offline

So they buy an arranger that is a good $1500 more than other arrangers, to save them having to buy or use a sub-$200 mixer to combine two mikes...?

And a dual MP3 player is on the PA2Xpro at $1500 less, also.

Must be nice to win the Lottery...

#262958 - 05/09/09 12:33 PM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
frankieve Offline

People buy Land rovers instead of Kia Sportages

#262959 - 05/09/09 12:36 PM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
frankieve Offline

Let's say $150 mixer
$500 simple DJ set-up
$3400 arranger

Your at $4050, now minus set-up and break down time, stage clutter,

It's not that far off, but everyone has their reasons, I'm sure everyone out there has bought things that most people wouldn't second guess, it's whatever works for you

#262960 - 05/09/09 12:39 PM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
On the other hand, one doesn't actually have to PLAY something to comment

Right, only to know what they're talking about.

#262961 - 05/09/09 12:40 PM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
Diki Offline

Quote:
Yes there are bugs and issues, I never said there wasn't.

No Frank, you never have. Sadly, it is all the fanboys, who have just as low a time on the Audya as any of the rest of us who seem to want to berate anybody for bringing these issues to the forefront. But at least they seem to cut YOU a bit more slack than most of us when pointing these bugs out (lucky S.O.B! ).

Sooner or later, they are going to have to address these issues. I guess pure optimism makes some people want to do it 'later', or maybe not at all... and get snippy at those that want to do it NOW

None so blind as those that don't WANT to see...

#262962 - 05/09/09 12:42 PM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
DanO1 Offline

Quote:
So they buy an arranger that is a good $1500 more than other arrangers, to save them having to buy or use a sub-$200 mixer to combine two mikes...?

I guess if they feel Audya sounds better, than yes, they pay the extra money

#262963 - 05/09/09 12:42 PM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:

Yeah, but it will never sound as good as a Ketron... and I'm not even talking about the Audya.

#262964 - 05/09/09 12:43 PM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
frankieve Offline

Trust me, if you heard the conversations and read the emails from me, you would think they were written by you.

I'm trying to work with Ketron to hopefully get this keyboard more worth it's hefty price tag.

Diki when are you coming to Connecticut to try some of these guys out? I'm 40 minutes from Manhatten?

#262965 - 05/09/09 12:44 PM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by GlennT:
Right, only to know what they're talking about.

Actually, Glenn, there has been nothing I have commented on that didn't turn out to be true. Am I lucky? Did I know what I was talking about? Or is there more to an arranger than just playing it?

Perhaps, in your case, there isn't.

#262966 - 05/09/09 12:57 PM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
Diki Offline

Quote:
Diki when are you coming to Connecticut to try some of these guys out? I'm 40 minutes from Manhatten?

I was up your way three weeks ago on a whirlwind tour with a singer songwriter, but had no time for stopping and smelling the roses (and you hadn't got the Audya yet, anyway!). This was the first time I've been that far from FL in over ten years! I wish I could have dropped by, though. You and I seem a lot more together on these issues than some of the fanboys STILL getting up in my grill, despite the darn DEALER saying exactly the same thing!

C'mon guys... start to include Frank in your vitriol too, and maybe you'll realize what doofuses you are being. You are not mad at me for pointing out the same things that Frank talks about.

You are just mad at ME...! Or you would be mad at him too.

I agree with Frank that the time to talk to Ketron (which we are doing by posting publicly, here where they lurk) is NOW, because NOW is the time they are bugfixing and addressing some of these concerns. Try to remember, we are talking about an expensive musical TOOL, not your grandkids. THEY are perfect in every way...

The Audya ISN'T.

Let's help Ketron make it better, by TALKING about the issues, not waiting silently until we can drive halfway around the continent to discover that what we heard n a demo, what we read about in a manual, really IS what is going on... Or do some of you think that the LESS we talk about these issues, the MORE likely they will go away?

Doesn't sticking your heads in the sand (that's the polite version of what I'm thinking ) make it hard to hear anything?

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 05-09-2009).]

#262967 - 05/09/09 12:59 PM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
keybplayer Offline

Thanks for clarifying why it may be beneficial Frank. I am assuming if you don't want any delay at all then there will be no "lag" at all right? For instance, even though the T2 and T3 don't have a 'delay' feature apparently they both have a "lag" 'bug'. I know the T2 does for sure but I am not positive it affects the T3 because Yamaha apparently deems it unnecessary to place the T3 in major retailers. Actually the delay feature on the Audya would come in handy if you wanted to eventually get back to the main screen without having to push any button to do so. Excuse me for not fully understanding the nature of that particular delay feature on the Audya. Thanks for enlightening me.

Quote:
"most of these critics can't walk the walk period tells ya something eh!"

What on earth are you talking about Donny? I am an arranger keyboardist (if you just happen to be talking about me ), I have purchased totl arranger keyboards in the past so I can afford the darn thing if I wanted one i.e. the Audya. I am also NOT willing to sit around "fat, dumb, and happy" and go gaga over each and every product a company happens to come out with simply because it has the name Ketron, Yamaha, Korg or whatever, emblazoned on it; even though there may be some people on this forum who do??

I admit I am being hard on Ketron. I've openly stated that before on more than one occasion. The reason I choose to hold them to the "fire" is because if I (and/or Diki ) don't, then apparently no one else will. I would do, and do, the same with Yamaha, or whichever keyboard manufacturer I consider "falling down" on their job and their duty and/or obligation, to give consumers something that is 'competitively' priced, reliably built, "fully" functional [no guinea pig testers PLEASE!] and that will actually,and hopefully, be supported "through the life span" of the product itself. You can call me a consumer advocate or whatever you want (which apparently you have ) but that won't stop me from trying to stick up for the average Joe out there who deserves, and furthermore, is honestly looking for something better e.g. the best bang for the buck he or she can - or at least something that isn't lacking in at least several major areas and that isn't currently in "beta" form and won't cost him an arm or leg, or both. If the hard talk stirs up Ketron to do better then my mission will have been acomplished. If it doesn't, then the only one who will suffer will unfortunately be Ketron. [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/wink.gif[/img]

All the best,
Mike

PS: And believe it or not that "All the best" includes you too Donny. [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/smile.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 05-09-2009).]

#262968 - 05/09/09 01:10 PM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
If the hard talk stirs up Ketron to do better then my mission will have been accomplished. If it doesn't, then the only one who will suffer will unfortunately be Ketron.

And all the people that buy an Audya, simply 'ass'uming that all these issues will one day magically go away...

BTW, the definable 'return to main page' idea is a very good one. Kudos...

#262969 - 05/09/09 01:17 PM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
frankieve Offline

Trust me, all the stuff that is written about hear is being read by allot of Ketron's people.

The more stuff we can give them, the more stuff they can fix, make better, or add in.

My list is growing

#262970 - 05/09/09 01:35 PM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
Diki Offline

Well, seeing as how Ketron are looking at this...

I've got an idea about the 'return to main page' feature.

You know, sometimes you DO want to return to the main page, sometimes you don't... Rather than one Global return time parameter, why not make a double tap to the page button 'Hold' on that page, and a single tap engage the 'return' parameter?

Best of both worlds...

#262971 - 05/09/09 01:38 PM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
frankieve Offline

And another one on my list.....

#262972 - 05/09/09 02:41 PM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
DanO1 Offline

Mike,

You jump all over Donny and he did not specify his comment to any one individual.

Criticize the product, not individuals.

Diki, jokely or not was it really neccessary to put the "ass" in assuming ? It really gives the impression that you are calling any current Audya owners an ass (even if it's just 1 person), same with Ketron engineers who are people I know personally.

#262973 - 05/09/09 02:45 PM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
I got nothing to say to all this except confirm and agree with everything Dikki said.

#262974 - 05/09/09 02:50 PM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
Dnj Offline

I guess all the wonderful peoople that have now left the SZ possibly have made the correct choice.....this place is a mere shell of it's former grandeur...
oh well nothing lasts forever.

#262975 - 05/09/09 02:53 PM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
frankieve Offline

I'm still here?

#262976 - 05/09/09 03:59 PM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
Diki Offline

And 'one two cha cha cha' is your effort to get things back on track?

Dan, the 'ass'ume comment is more directed at FUTURE Audya owners, that seem hell bent on ignoring issues that ARE apparent, and uninterested in finding out anything else until AFTER they have bought one.

Of course, that couldn't be YOU, could it, so why get worked up? Let's face it, if Frank can see the point of this approach, and he has a living to make selling them, surely you could cut those of us with the same approach a little slack? Or start to berate him for confirming what many of us have known for a long time...

The three monkeys (See no evil, Hear no evil, Speak no evil) never got anything DONE. How could they, when they neither heard the need, saw the need, or said anything about the need? Of course, they never upset anyone, either. Me, I'd rather talk about the issues than pretend they don't exist. Other may disagree. I have as much respect for that opinion as they have for mine...

#262977 - 05/09/09 05:19 PM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
DanO1 Offline

"Dan, the 'ass'ume comment is more directed at FUTURE Audya owners"

Just the fact that you imply that someone who may possibly purchase an Audya is an ASS, speaks directly to me, personally.

When more are available, I will get one to play at my Church. So there you have it.

If you personally knew the people at Ketron, like I do, you would understand that any issues that are brought to their attention, will cetainly be looked at and fixed.

#262978 - 05/09/09 11:47 PM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
Diki Offline

Then all the best to you...

Let us know how fixing those mismatched audio and MIDI chords works out, will you...?

#262979 - 05/10/09 03:00 AM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:
... If you personally knew the people at Ketron, like I do, you would understand that any issues that are brought to their attention, will cetainly be

looked at and fixed.

Well, if I personally knew the Ketron staff, I sure would try to convince them not to start the
big hype for a new model as early as they did nearly 3 years ago.
Also I would tell them to be careful to release a test beta candidate Audya at the market the way
they do.
Ship a few items to dedicated Ketron arranger users for test is one thing, but put a overpriced
beta product out at market as we see now certainly don't make me full of confidence about things.

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#262980 - 05/10/09 11:01 AM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
DanO1 Offline

Quote:
Then all the best to you...

Let us know how fixing those mismatched audio and MIDI chords works out, will you...?

Obviously, calling or implying that people are an ass is no problem for you. Stay well folks.

#262981 - 05/10/09 12:40 PM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
Diki Offline

Dan, other people on this forum have no problem calling me the same or worse. Including, in as veiled a way, yourself (there IS a difference between outright insult and innuendo, not that some here are capable of understanding the difference).

If as mild a slight as that post of mine gives you this apoplexy (nobody's name was mentioned anywhere, you took it on yourself to assume the mantle), imagine what could be inferred from some of YOUR posts.

If you want to play with the grownups around here, you have to develop a bit thicker skin. I have had to, I don't remember YOU jumping in to my defense for the egregious flaming I have received. Oh, that's right... it only matters if it is YOU feeling hurt, right?

Just be grateful you are not having this conversation with Nedim, or Kingfrog...

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 05-10-2009).]

#262982 - 05/11/09 10:43 AM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
ccantanapoli Offline

Loc: South Carolina, USA
This post is getting pretty hot!!!

Frank, how did the Audya gig go?

How did you use it?
Claudio

#262983 - 05/11/09 10:56 AM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Frank, any news on OS 2.0 and Style Creation
yet? Or thats not in the BETA version?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online