SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#262944 - 05/09/09 06:30 AM Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I've been getting countless emails about the OS on the Audya in the videos, it is a beta version and here are a couple of the upgrades.

KETRON AUDYA

New MAIN VIEW : This new main view screen will allow the user direct and quick access to main control features of AUDYA such as Styles and Voices, accessing song files ( Midi , MP3 or Wave), Registrations … etc – all done from the main screen controls.

On this same page, the AUTOSWITCH TIME feature allows one to select the delay time (in seconds) for the display to automatically return to the main screen after a STYLE or SOUND or REGISTRATION …etc has been selected.

The status for both the Main View and Autoswitch time can be saved in the Custom Start up, so each time the keyboard is turned on, these settings need not be repeated.

* F1 : Direct access to the Styles in the current Style group (normal access by using the Style Group buttons is still available). Return to the Main View by pushing Exit.

* F2 : Direct access to Single Registrations. If the function Numeric (User tab 3/8 – with the Registration button lit) is set to On, it is now possible to load the Single Registers by entering their numeric values ; if it is set to Off then the Registration directory is displayed on the right side of the screen. Scroll through with the cursor buttons or data value wheel and select/load by pressing Enter.

* F3/F4 : Direct access to the Player. The Midi folder is the default folder associated with these buttons, however the Wave, Mp3, DJLoop and SFX folders may be also be associated and accessed by pressing their dedicated tabs.

Scroll through with the cursor buttons or data wheel and load by pressing Enter. Pause with User button 1/6 and Stop with User button 2/7.

When a player file is loaded, the functions 2nd Voice, Left Voice and Chord are temporally not displayed ( you can switch back to display these by pressing the tabs F8 or F9 ).

If the file includes Lyrics or Txt these take the entire screen place assigned for player.

(switch back for Lyric On/Off with F10).

With this search tool, it is possible to address directly the files within the directories..

· F6 irect access to the lead Right Voices. Return to the Main View by pressing Exit.

· F7 : Direct access to the 2nd Voice. With Octave + / - it is possible to select the octave ; with the User tab 5 /10, it is possible to Lock the 2nd Voice sound, so that when you change from one lead Right voice to another, the 2nd voice remains constant. The 2nd Voice setu up can be saved with Save.

· F8 : Direct access to the Left Voice selection when visualized.

· F8/F9 : when the player is active, it is possible to return on the main screen with these tabs.

· F10 : Lyric On/Off selection. This displays the lyrics (where applicable) on the right side of the screen

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#262945 - 05/09/09 06:59 AM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
twiceduo Offline

Loc: Denmark
Is there any new style or some style is mixed better. And a bug in os 1.2A is that when a intro or fill is finish then there is a sometimes noise before the arranger take over and is coming from the audio drums.

#262946 - 05/09/09 07:05 AM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
"the AUTOSWITCH TIME feature allows one to select the delay time (in seconds) for the display to automatically return to the main screen after a STYLE or SOUND or REGISTRATION …etc has been selected."

Hmm... seems Ketron now considers screen lag a "feature" instead of everyone else considering it a "bug". I fail to see the benefit of screen lag when switching between menu screens or the Main screen. And what kind of delay are we talking about I wonder. A half second, one second, five seconds, ninety seconds? When playing a keyboard, and especially when gigging, you want everything to happen "now" i.e. as quick as possible, as opposed to "later". So again, I fail to see to benefit of something happening "later" or "much later" when, in my opinion, speed is of the essence when switching screens, etc.

All the best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 05-09-2009).]

#262947 - 05/09/09 07:13 AM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
keybplayer Offline

Looks like beta?? OS 2.0 still is NOT including any kind of micro editing capability for the Audya. Didn't AJ say there would be micro editing capability included for the Audya with OS 2.0? Or is "beta??" OS 2.0 excluded in that deal.

All the best,
Mike

#262948 - 05/09/09 07:18 AM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
keybplayer Offline

Oops! Looks like you are only including a "few" of the many??? enhancements included with beta?? OS 2.0 eh Frank? I'll have to scour the internet for the full list I guess. Thanks Frank.

All the best,
Mike

#262949 - 05/09/09 07:50 AM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
Dnj Offline

The Audya has to be the most Berated arranger of all time....buy people who dont even own or played one.

#262950 - 05/09/09 08:35 AM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Yes, there are many more features that I have not listed that are in the new OS coming out.

as for the "screen lag" comment.

This feature is in Korg but not in Yamaha.

on a yamaha you can be in the main screen, go to select a guitar sound, then you have to hit the exit button to get back to the main screen.

Korg will automatically switch back to the main screen if you desire, the Ketron goes one step further by giving you the ability to decide how long before it switches back to the main screen.

This can be very helpful when you get multiple pages in and want to get to the main page.

Yes DNJ, that poor board is getting beat up pretty bad, for no-one having one.

Well I'm going tonite to try it on a job

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#262951 - 05/09/09 08:52 AM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
Yes DNJ, that poor board is getting beat up pretty bad, for no-one having one.

Well I'm going tonite to try it on a job

Frank I hear you, all useless banter from no backup nitpickers as usual.....who cares what anyone else thinks?.....go out there and make it your own...let your talent make it work for you.I for one really appreciate your demo videos & advice as always....

good luck awaiting your next onstage gig review of the Audya.

#262952 - 05/09/09 09:23 AM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Donny,

It's easy to criticize vs.wait, see and hear in person, than judge.I am certain that even this statement may be criticized.

#262953 - 05/09/09 09:40 AM Re: Ketron Audya Beta OS 2.?
Dnj Offline

Exactly Dan.....many times I drove to Maryland to your stores & get great hands on demos & advice from you on Ketron units...not to mention all your super Ketron Video instructional demos also which helped me get started with new Ketron units many many times....
I thanked you then & thank you now it's appreciated.....most of these critics can't walk the walk period tells ya something eh!

TYYL

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online