SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 >
Topic Options
#259286 - 03/11/09 07:29 AM Re: I just unpacked a X-76 Mediastation at my store
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
OK...let's see if I have this right...

An OPEN system full function WS..I can be the judge and select virtually any sound sets I want...high quality hardware,,,lot of programming capability's long term...

AND native Q-ranger style player...AND a full funtion Live Styler software arranger that has gotten better year to year that plays T2 styles and ALSO plays Ketron styles and can directly control a Ketron HW sound module (SD-2)!!!!!!!!

I don't see any problem.

Have any of you that are negative about this being an arranger even USED Live-Styler (current version) ??? Dom, the XG sound set is critical...status??

This IS an arranger! Absolutely! It is every bit as much an arranger as Frank R.'s software arranger setup (and others too).

My only question is how well done is the LS integration?

Dom...I am still waiting on the DETAILS of this...please send then to me. Thanks,

OH one more issue...a BIG issue..now are we saying I don't have to buy a new T4, T5, PA3, etc.every 2 years to stay up on tech. and to get new sounds??? OH, yes, I just upgrade what I have....sounds like the low cost long term ownership winner to me. As long as the harware is top quality

Lee S.

#259287 - 03/11/09 08:05 AM Re: I just unpacked a X-76 Mediastation at my store
Dnj Offline

Lee dont forget you can also use "Qranger" program on the MS to play styles.......also everything loads almost instantly I'm hearing also....
Lee this MS 76 might be the pefect unit & the LAST one you ever have to buy

#259288 - 03/11/09 08:50 AM Re: I just unpacked a X-76 Mediastation at my store
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Lee dont forget you can also use "Qranger" program on the MS to play styles.......also everything loads almost instantly I'm hearing also....
Lee this MS 76 might be the pefect unit & the LAST one you ever have to buy

Why use the Qranger only for play the styles??
Try to use the Qranger as a audio-midi SEQ integrated on MS pannel like you use for the styles..
one simple nice example for WHO like to create session:
1) open Qranger editor
2) Import one standard midifile
3) start to PLAY the midifile and edit the all sounds, volumes, engines..
4) drag new audio loops in how many audio tracks you need.
5) setup UP to 32 marker pointer where you like that the midifile+audio will continue loop, ( like the style system)
6) connect the MIC on MS
7) create a new audio track
8) press RECORD key and record your voice ove the midifile+audio
9) copy/paste audio clip and transpose it for creating harmonize of your original voice
10) SAVE the session
11) press RETURN to Styles
12) load the saved session and PLAY like one style!

Now:
Press the MS SEQ key: will move the split point to C0 and then the Song style will be never trasponed with the chords
Press MS SEQ OFF: when you change chords, the global song will be transposed in realtime by Elastique

Press the all 32 patterns for looping the desidered part of the midifile+audio tracks how you like...

this is the REAL FUN of the Qranger SEQ and not for play midi styles..
I think you got the idea.

#259289 - 03/11/09 08:52 AM Re: I just unpacked a X-76 Mediastation at my store
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I've been saying for a long time that the MS is being marketed to the wrong crowd. Is it an arranger.., YES it is--last time I checked the thing had chord recognition and styles with multiple variations, intros, endings, ect. Just because the preset styles may not be up to par with the competition doesn't mean the MS "is not" an arranger (because it is). How in the hell are people still confused about this issue? If the styles aren't on the same level as the others, that doesn't mean the board is suddenly NOT an arranger.

The MediaStation (IMO) should be seen as one hell of an (open) workstation with "arranger capabilities" as an ADDED BONUS! Its features for workstation use are top notch.., then you add the arranger capabilities and guess what you got... THE TRUE HYBRID that people have been bitching and complaining about for years. IT'S HERE.., IT'S ON THE MARKET and DOM makes it. How many times have we seen in the past people saying they'd love a board where they could wipe the presets (both styles and sounds) and add whatever they want! We've seen this issue brought up MANY times on the Zone. The MS's styles may not be up to par.., but it's STILL AN ARRANGER.., crappy styles, good styles, medicore styles.., whatever it ships with.., out of the box IT'S STILL AN ARRANGER. Some of the lower end Yamaha, and Casio boards have styles that many of us would consider to be an absolute JOKE.., but not one member here ever says those ARE NOT arrangers just because the styles aren't the best.

The problem the MS has (at least on this forum) is that it's so obvious the MediaStation is TOO MUCH keyboard for many here to UNDERSTAND and learn how to use. It's a COMPUTER with a kick ass fully tweeked out midi controller built around it. THIS IS WHAT SCARES MANY HERE as a lot are not interested in learning this type of OS.., there's nothing wrong with that.., but that's just how it is.

The majority of this forum is an "out of box" buyer. Very few people here do any extensive editing on their keyboards. Rather than LEARN the basics or even bother to take the time to learn THEIR CURRENT KEYBOARD..., they drop the unit without even giving it a chance and move on to the next thing...., then they bitch and moan about the board, trash it in a review..., and they didn't even take the time to really get to know that keyboard or dig into what it can really do or attempt to do any REAL EDITING. A lot of OUT OF BOXERS here PERIOD.., who are just too proud to admit the MS is way beyond their comprehension.

Look if you're not into editing styles, creating them, tweeking patches, or just freakin customizing a keyboard to all ends for YOUR personal use.., then just stay the hell away from the MS. Clearly it's not the board for you. If you're into just taking the board out of the box and not having to do anything but turn it on and press play.., they buy one from the other three makers.

The MS is a board to CUSTOMIZE..., if you're not into a "computer" environment for keyboard use.., then the MS is not for you. Buy something else. Just let the people that have bought the MS ENJOY the damn thing. Why can't MS owners be left alone to enjoy their keyboard just as so many of you guys (who post constantly) how much you enjoy your boards made by Yamaha, Korg, and Roland????

The MS really does have a market. Problem is that the average arranger keyboard player is clearly NOT that market (most obviously in the United States). I think the MS should be marketed to WorkStation buyers.., and advertised with the added bonus of arranger capabilities.

Dom.., you keep doing your thing man. Don't drop any arranger features on the MS. You've produced the TRUE fully customizable ARRANGER/SYNTH HYBRID. Do your thing man! Keep developing software for this unit.., as clearly people ARE buying it and enjoying it.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 03-11-2009).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#259290 - 03/11/09 09:04 AM Re: I just unpacked a X-76 Mediastation at my store
Dnj Offline

SQUEAK YOU NEED A MEDIASTATION 76 ASAP....its "perfect" for you!!!!

#259291 - 03/11/09 09:09 AM Re: I just unpacked a X-76 Mediastation at my store
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
Why use the Qranger only for play the styles??
Try to use the Qranger as a audio-midi SEQ integrated on MS pannel like you use for the styles..
one simple nice example for WHO like to create session:
1) open Qranger editor
2) Import one standard midifile
3) start to PLAY the midifile and edit the all sounds, volumes, engines..
4) drag new audio loops in how many audio tracks you need.
5) setup UP to 32 marker pointer where you like that the midifile+audio will continue loop, ( like the style system)
6) connect the MIC on MS
7) create a new audio track
8) press RECORD key and record your voice ove the midifile+audio
9) copy/paste audio clip and transpose it for creating harmonize of your original voice
10) SAVE the session
11) press RETURN to Styles
12) load the saved session and PLAY like one style!

Now:
Press the MS SEQ key: will move the split point to C0 and then the Song style will be never trasponed with the chords
Press MS SEQ OFF: when you change chords, the global song will be transposed in realtime by Elastique

Press the all 32 patterns for looping the desidered part of the midifile+audio tracks how you like...

this is the REAL FUN of the Qranger SEQ and not for play midi styles..
I think you got the idea.

Dom....thank you for the explaination its so nice to have such personal support for the designer who would know better then you?
Also

Dom......would the 61 key model have all the features of the MS X-76 pro? including Mic sldiers etc etc ...as pictured here.
http://www.lionstracs.com/store/ms-x76-pro-p-102.html

#259292 - 03/11/09 09:17 AM Re: I just unpacked a X-76 Mediastation at my store
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
No, the X-61 will have the same hardware features as the X-76 expanded, but more short for fit the 61 fatar keys and NOt DVD burn. You can use one external USB DVD.

X-76/88 PRO is comming soon with the new PCIexpress audio card, for manage up to 22 Inputs/22 Outputs, 2 foot switch pedal, 2 foot volumes, 4 Midi IN/OUT and MIC USB controls hardware on pannel.

I think also we install the new AMD3+... we will see..

#259293 - 03/11/09 09:21 AM Re: I just unpacked a X-76 Mediastation at my store
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
No, the X-61 will have the same hardware features as the X-76 expanded, but more short for fit the 61 fatar keys and NOt DVD burn. You can use one external USB DVD.
I think also we install the new AMD3+... we will see..

So Dom can you control the mic gain leveled from sliders or knobs on board or do you have to do it from the display screen & can you control the vocal harmony from a foot switch....will AMD3+ be on the 61 also?

#259294 - 03/11/09 09:45 AM Re: I just unpacked a X-76 Mediastation at my store
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Workstation buyers ALREADY have the computer, the VSTi sound sets, the EFX plug ins, Workstation players and users tend not to buy anything that says Arranger or has speakers on it.

The last thing an OMB needs is a DAW on site in a live situation. In the studio historic workstation users have already migrated to DAW and have been there a long long time. Consider that with todays workstations especially Roland are practically negating even the need for a DAW as entire projects can be done inside the keyboard including vocals.

Mediastation is great idea without a defined market unless someone needs a Live DAW or is coming from the arranger world looking to expand their horizons without worrying about USB and Firewire drivers. I don't think Liontracs knows how to market this great idea.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 03-11-2009).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#259295 - 03/11/09 11:13 AM Re: I just unpacked a X-76 Mediastation at my store
Magica Alfa Offline

yes it is true.
WE all can make from this keyboard what we want. It is WORKSTATION. And you can have all inside what you need.
This is endless use.

Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online