Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#257000 - 02/20/09 02:28 PM Re: Just bought the Media Station
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Congratulations Dennis,
hope the MS works out for you.
You've been searching for the right keyboard to suit your needs for quite sometime now.
Hopefully this is it.
Is it the first one in Aust. ???

------------------
best wishes
Rikki

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/PA800_StyleMaking/

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#257001 - 02/20/09 05:11 PM Re: Just bought the Media Station
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Dom,
I hope you share back with Norbert on the Giga XG sound set (for his LS customers). I think LS will help sell MANY MS. And Norbert will get some good business too.

Lee

#257002 - 02/20/09 07:51 PM Re: Just bought the Media Station
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Dom,
I think LS will help sell MANY MS.
Lee

No offence Lee, but I seriously doubt it.

Dennis

#257003 - 02/20/09 08:06 PM Re: Just bought the Media Station
miden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Congratulations Dennis,
hope the MS works out for you.
You've been searching for the right keyboard to suit your needs for quite sometime now.
Hopefully this is it.
Is it the first one in Aust. ???

Hi Rikki,

Yes this is THE one. I am very sure about that.

I am confident this will be the last HARDWARE keyboard I buy.

Of course I will do varying things with teh software, and how it sounds, but Dom has built a great unit and a great operating system, and truly I cannot see me wanting anything else.

As far as I know this will be the only one in Australia. Dom would have that info so maybe he can confirm or deny, but yeah, as far as I know.

Cheers
Dennis

#257004 - 02/21/09 08:13 AM Re: Just bought the Media Station
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
"Yes this is THE one. I am very sure about that.

I am confident this will be the last HARDWARE keyboard I buy."

This year ! :-)

I am playing with you Miden. Have a great time with your new keyboard when it comes !

Regards

Spalding

#257005 - 02/21/09 11:08 AM Re: Just bought the Media Station
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Congrats on your MS. I'm sure you'll enjoy it, BUT......"LAST hardware keyboard"........right! That's like me saying 'that's the last curvy buttocks I'm ever going to stare at'. Fat chance.

chas

#257006 - 02/21/09 11:29 AM Re: Just bought the Media Station
miden Offline

Hi Spalding and Chas,

I know you guys are only joking around, and I did have a chuckle, because I think we have all said that at some time or other , but seriously it will be.

Because Dom has built this from top grade components the hardware side of things will last a very long time.

The actual sound-set capabilites are pretty much endless, with no waiting for manufacturers to come up with an annual or bi-annual token gesture, you know, saving the BIG improvements to the next model release. (And even then they won't match the power of the MS)

The world of VST's is HUGE.

Anytime I want to change the sound or even a total soundset "make-over", I just use different software via VST's.

The arranger side of things is well taken care of as far as "engine" (not styles), with the Qranger, whihc give far, far greater depth of style editing than anything available now, or maybe well into the future. And now of course, Live Styler has been incorporated whcih allows Yamaha styles to be imported and played.

And there are thousands of styles available, and yes I know they need tweaking, but my style requirements are very minimal, so there will not be too much work there either.

It will run MP3's, I can display charts, I can link all the data via the Performance function, I can record directly to the hard drive. I can connect a keyboard (qwerty). It goes on and on.

It has a huge 8 1/2 " touch-screen, something I do not believe any of the current makers wil incorporate anytime soon (although the Roland G may have but I cannot remember its size), and I can continually upgrade the operating system as new features are developed.

Hell, I can even change the whole motherboard and processor..Try doing that on a "conventional" arranger or synth workstation.

So guys, yes, this (accidents aside) will be the last hardware keyboard I buy.

Dennis

#257007 - 02/21/09 12:25 PM Re: Just bought the Media Station
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
WOW!!!! Dennis...You talked me into buying another as a back up...

#257008 - 02/21/09 12:50 PM Re: Just bought the Media Station
mr9000 Offline

Miden,Upload MP3?

#257009 - 02/21/09 01:15 PM Re: Just bought the Media Station
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The only one in Australia? Bit risky if you gig on it, isn't that? You get a hardware failure after making it your sole sound source and entire gig backing for a while, you are kind of up the creek, aren't you?

How much is shipping back to Italy? What kind of turnaround? I think Fran's got the right idea! You might need TWO...

Maybe this ISN'T the last keyboard you'll ever buy...?

Just curious, as well... how much styles, how much SMF's is your act based on? Are you going to use the style section much? Or are you thinking of audio tracks and SMF's as it's main purpose...?

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online