SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#256863 - 02/16/09 04:56 PM Would you do this?
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
In my never ending quest to downsize, I'm looking at putting my music pad pro on the music rack that came with the Tyros 2 I use.

Usually, I've used the mic stand adapter that came with my MPP and mounted it on a mic stand.

The MMP weighs in around 4.00bs. Reach wise, its easier to reach than when its on the mic stand, but there is a slight wobble from the music stand when I touch the MPP screen.

If there was a way to reinforce the music stand, I'd be more comfortable with this idea. Its not the weight of the MPP that concerns me but the movement of the stand after I touch the MPP.

Anyone else already doing this? Any problems to report? Anyone reinforce the music stand?

Suggestions?

Thanks!

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#256864 - 02/16/09 05:02 PM Re: Would you do this?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
How about a mike stand attached to the Keyboard stand? That might withstand a push a bit better?

I am worried about the plastic construction supporting that much weight AND being pushed on...

#256865 - 02/16/09 05:03 PM Re: Would you do this?
Dnj Offline

Apex deluxe 2 tiers w/mic boom.
or how about Memorizing the lyrics....../

Smartass?...no, just a pro musician that keeps eye contact with the audience when he sings & plays..do a search on my blindfold excercises..

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-16-2009).]

#256866 - 02/16/09 05:05 PM Re: Would you do this?
Bill in Dayton Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
How about memorizing the music & lyrics?

Smartass!

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#256867 - 02/16/09 05:15 PM Re: Would you do this?
Bill in Dayton Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
How about a mike stand attached to the Keyboard stand? That might withstand a push a bit better?

I am worried about the plastic construction supporting that much weight AND being pushed on...

It needs something...

I use a quick-lock 550 KB stand, but only found one mic attachement on their website. It actually attaches to another mic stand. Their photo uses a sax player in it: http://www.quiklok.com/catalog/?p=productsMore&iProduct=5&sName=A-107

Not sure if it could "boom" safely enough over to the middle of the kb. (I usually have my vocal mic directly to the left of the kb. I've seen other guys put their mic stand in front of the kb, and bring it straight at them. Still, the MPP weighs far more than any mic does. I think there would still be some bouncing going on.

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#256868 - 02/16/09 07:30 PM Re: Would you do this?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bill,

Phil Hall solved this problem a couple years ago. Take a look at the modifications he made to his music stand at http://psrtutorial.com/Resources/Articles/musicrack.html

Good Luck,

Gary

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 02-16-2009).]

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online