SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#256084 - 02/11/09 03:30 PM Re: Roland brass. Whadyu think? Worth $450?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by BBBB:
May I suggest Diki and Ian resume your discussion at the Bar I am wearing out the scroll on my mouse!!!

Sorry about your mouse, BBBB.

What we have here is two very stubborn individuals...one who is right(me) and one who is trying desperately to be more right(Diki)

The more one posts here...diverse it gets.

Ian

#256085 - 02/11/09 04:14 PM Re: Roland brass. Whadyu think? Worth $450?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by spalding:
\This is true dikki but most Pianos that are bought at 60 to 100 grand dont actually get played !! They are investments or displays of ostentatiousness bought for and by the very wealthy as expensive furniture.

Well, you can say that about the large majority of arrangers, too.. especially Clavinovas and KR-series, or Wersi, etc.!

And s/h pianos will depreciate rapidly in value if the demand goes down drastically, as in a recession or depression.. It's only demand that keeps it up!

#256086 - 02/11/09 04:23 PM Re: Roland brass. Whadyu think? Worth $450?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
And s/h pianos will depreciate rapidly in value if the demand goes down drastically, as in a recession or depression.. It's only demand that keeps it up!

An upright is more likely to depreciate(unless it was John Lennon's)...most quality grands hold their value, or appreciate, especially the hand made ones.

The V-Piano will depreciate much like any other electronic piano.

Ian

#256087 - 02/11/09 05:09 PM Re: Roland brass. Whadyu think? Worth $450?
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Some day...(dreaming again!) it would be great to see the Mfg's put the high end voices in the arrangers, from the PRO workstations ( Yes, I know 'some' sounds are bettteron the arragers, but that's rare).

This board is a great exaple of what I mean.

Lee

#256088 - 02/11/09 05:28 PM Re: Roland brass. Whadyu think? Worth $450?
LUVINMYG70 Offline

Loc: Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
LuvinmyG70 had me until the '$10' remark... I still don't get why people can't distinguish between reasoned discussion and outright rudeness.

What happened..? I guess not getting whupped upside the head by teachers and parents when they were kids, perhaps they just never LEARNED the difference...

If you wouldn't say it to their face, you don't post it. It's that simple...

Apologies all around for that remark....Insensitive and uncalled for...I'm passionate about everything it is that I do...especially my gear....and my soon to be gear! I gotta admit though, this disenchanting discourse...is pretty darn fun!

As they say opinions are like ars3h0les...we all have em....some just stink worse than others! Again uncalled for but totally in fun!

Seriously folks, whatever works best for you is fine by me...

I guess there's just so much speculation out there on an instrument that many haven't tried or heard in person (This includes ARX-03)...I guess I just wish that opinions could be reserved until such time as we had the chance to try these things out in person...as I have had the good fortune of doing...I'm no Roland fanboy, or Nord (although my C1 kick ass!) or Yamaha or Korg...but, I know what I like....and I like to think with the 17 years I have had as a gigging musician and the 31 years with music in general, I can spot something that rocks and share my experience with the world! And won't attack someone online again...will take some DEEEEP breaths before I post next time....

#256089 - 02/12/09 02:44 AM Re: Roland brass. Whadyu think? Worth $450?
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Just curious, LUVINMYG70, what do you play your Nord C1 through. I play mine through the 'tube' channel on my Traynor K4 with good results. Was just wondering what other C1 users were using. BTW, there are at least two others (me and Capt. Russ) that own and play the C1. Glad you're happy with yours (currently my favorite board since I don't own a real 'B'- I'm still looking for a 'premo' one locally at a reasonable price - for the home).

chas

BTW, what type of organ do you play? If jazz, let's exchange some tunes, if theater, nevermind .

#256090 - 02/12/09 08:46 AM Re: Roland brass. Whadyu think? Worth $450?
LUVINMYG70 Offline

Loc: Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Just curious, LUVINMYG70, what do you play your Nord C1 through. I play mine through the 'tube' channel on my Traynor K4 with good results. Was just wondering what other C1 users were using. BTW, there are at least two others (me and Capt. Russ) that own and play the C1. Glad you're happy with yours (currently my favorite board since I don't own a real 'B'- I'm still looking for a 'premo' one locally at a reasonable price - for the home).

chas

BTW, what type of organ do you play? If jazz, let's exchange some tunes, if theater, nevermind .

Hey chas,

I'm a jazzer (of sorts) right now everything goes into a Mackie CFX-12 mixer that I got 2nd hand last year for a SONG!

Then into in ears...Shure E5's....

For "LESLIE" FX I use the BOSS RT-20 (they were on a blowout prices in some stores in Western Canada so I got mine cheeeap...

Pretty darn nice stereo pedal...pretty underrated too for a Leslie Sim...

I got enough stuff to haul, so an Amp right now is simply out of the question...I loved the look and sound of the KC-880 until I heard the WEIGHT......uggggh!

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online