SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#255570 - 02/03/09 07:39 PM Re: Don M & Don P Jammin' in Shreveport....
Tom Cavanaugh Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 12/06/99
Posts: 2133
Loc: Muskegon, MI
Don, Come up to Michigan and help me shovel snow. It helps keep the weight down.

Tom
_________________________
Thanks,

Tom

Top
#255571 - 02/03/09 09:25 PM Re: Don M & Don P Jammin' in Shreveport....
DonM Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 06/25/99
Posts: 16735
Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I'm not certain, but I still may be on the WANTED list in Michigan. I "lost" a rental car there once, back in the 70's.
I was trying to catch a flight and just left it at the airport, in front of the terminal.
I had rented it in Superior, WI. I forgot to call and tell them where I left it.
I got a phone call about three weeks later, asking where it was. I told them I had told the clerk there. I lied.
Imagine doing something like that now. You would be arrested, arraigned and detained!
May also have broken a heart in Grand Rapids.
The picture of the snow will be enough for me, thank you.
DonM
_________________________
DonM

Top
#255572 - 02/04/09 03:03 AM Re: Don M & Don P Jammin' in Shreveport....
cgiles Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 09/29/05
Posts: 6703
Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:

May also have broken a heart in Grand Rapids.


What does that mean? Is there some young arranger player in Michigan running around trying to find his 'biological dad'.



chas
_________________________
"Faith means not wanting to know what is true." [Nietzsche]

Top
#255573 - 02/04/09 04:06 AM Re: Don M & Don P Jammin' in Shreveport....
mc Offline
Member

Registered: 07/17/01
Posts: 870
Loc: New York
Donny, I really enjoyed watching the video. Now I can put a name with the face. It was very nice, you sounded great. Will you be at the Ketron show on 2/22 in brooklyn?
_________________________
Ketron X1 (Oldie but Goodie)

Top
#255574 - 02/04/09 06:18 AM Re: Don M & Don P Jammin' in Shreveport....
Dnj Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 09/21/00
Posts: 43703
Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
Donny, I really enjoyed watching the video. Now I can put a name with the face. It was very nice, you sounded great. Will you be at the Ketron show on 2/22 in brooklyn?


Thanx...I was born & raised in Brooklyn (Coney Island) I moved away many years ago...
Don't know if I can make that show but will try to squeeze it in if possible.I just saw AJ & the Audya in action in Louisiana at the Jam 2 weeks ago.




[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-04-2009).]

Top
#255575 - 02/04/09 07:13 AM Re: Don M & Don P Jammin' in Shreveport....
tony mads usa Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 01/16/02
Posts: 14376
Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
I'm not certain, but I still may be on the WANTED list in Michigan. I "lost" a rental car there once, back in the 70's.
I was trying to catch a flight and just left it at the airport, in front of the terminal.
I had rented it in Superior, WI. I forgot to call and tell them where I left it.
I got a phone call about three weeks later, asking where it was. I told them I had told the clerk there. I lied.
Imagine doing something like that now. You would be arrested, arraigned and detained!
May also have broken a heart in Grand Rapids.
The picture of the snow will be enough for me, thank you.
DonM


Do you REALLY want to 'confess' to this on the internet???
Well, I guess the statute of limitation may have run out on this one ... ...
t.
_________________________
t. cool

Top
#255576 - 02/04/09 10:34 AM Re: Don M & Don P Jammin' in Shreveport....
BEBOP Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 01/02/00
Posts: 3781
Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
I'm not certain, but I still may be on the WANTED list in Michigan. I "lost" a rental car there once, back in the 70's.
I was trying to catch a flight and just left it at the airport, in front of the terminal.
I had rented it in Superior, WI. I forgot to call and tell them where I left it.
I got a phone call about three weeks later, asking where it was. I told them I had told the clerk there. I lied.
Imagine doing something like that now. You would be arrested, arraigned and detained!
May also have broken a heart in Grand Rapids.
The picture of the snow will be enough for me, thank you.
DonM


I had the same problem in Youngstown and did the same thing. BUT......the windshield and back window were both shot out on the passenger side and the cop stayed with me until I was on the airplane and then He checked the car into Hertz. I have not ever gone back there since.
Bebop
_________________________
BEBOP

Top
#255577 - 02/04/09 10:41 AM Re: Don M & Don P Jammin' in Shreveport....
DonM Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 06/25/99
Posts: 16735
Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
What does that mean? Is there some young arranger player in Michigan running around trying to find his 'biological dad'.



chas



I hope not!! You know how the 70's were.

DonM
_________________________
DonM

Top
#255578 - 02/04/09 12:38 PM Re: Don M & Don P Jammin' in Shreveport....
Diki Offline


Registered: 04/25/05
Posts: 14211
Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
What does that mean? Is there some young arranger player in Michigan running around trying to find his 'biological dad'.



chas



No, the kid is probably playing a WS, and breaking his DAD'S heart!

Or, even worse, has convinced himself that faking it on 'Rock Band' or 'Guitar Hero' actually IS playing music...
_________________________
An arranger is just a tool. What matters is what you build with it..!

Top
#255579 - 02/04/09 12:43 PM Re: Don M & Don P Jammin' in Shreveport....
DonM Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 06/25/99
Posts: 16735
Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Dikki, none of the ones I know about play anything, even though they went to Yamaha Music School when small.
One of them sings really great, but has no interest in it. One of them had a little interest in guitar, but hasn't pursued it.
However they DO play Guitar Hero!
DonM
_________________________
DonM

Top
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 



Help keep Synth Zone Online