SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 15 16 >
Topic Options
#254723 - 01/27/09 09:23 AM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
Dnj Offline

Aj thanx for the clarification...your the only one we can turn to for AUDYA info at this time....I agree we needed much more time at the Shreveport Jam (like 2 weeks ) but we did get a taste of the Audya. What's happening is that the Curiosity & eagerness to hear, touch & feel is climbing to a fever pitch.....the Audya not being shown at NAMM was a monkey wrench thrown into peoples dreams coupled with the lack of info & answers by perspective buyers to things like price, etc, etc, but I would say something has to come to market soon or people will lose interest & other manufacturers will pass it by.Dont you see that?

#254724 - 01/27/09 10:21 AM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
salsaman Offline

Loc: Port Angeles, WA., USA
Here is an example of how a revolutionary new keyboard should be demonstrated. This may have something to do with Ketron's absense at NAMM 2009.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRDALiP_z4c
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JWh6uEV68Wk
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kGsXA9K2f6w

I've been waiting and waiting for the Audya and I'm losing interest very quickly. Especially when I see demos of old styles and technology. Still no price yet?

-Crybaby

#254725 - 01/27/09 10:34 AM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
Christian_1 Offline

Hi all,
Just a question, the page that contains the video is in flash. I have managed to listen to it, there are only one video on that site, right?
I am asking this because I am blind and just want ot be sure that I haven't missed anything.

#254726 - 01/27/09 10:56 AM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Simple answer, salsaman... 76

While Yamaha continue to ignore the legitimate needs of players that prefer a 76, the Audya is the only new thing for quite a while (since the PA2X) that caters to those who like to play a full (full-ish!) piano part on the whole keyboard.

Add to that what sounds like a VERY good primary piano voice, and while there may be other issues, not the least of which seems to be this 'teaser' promotion long before the Audya is even ready for anyone other than it's trained demonstrators to play (kind of telling that no-one was allowed to touch it at the Jam), this thing offers a breath of fresh air for the 76 player/pianist.

Mind you, after being teased for over three years, it IS a bit hard to call this 'fresh'!

#254727 - 01/27/09 12:00 PM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
Dnj Offline

Being the Audya at the Shreveport Jam was the only UNIT here in the USA I could understand the No Touch policy for now.

#254728 - 01/27/09 12:03 PM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by salsaman:
Here is an example of how a revolutionary new keyboard should be demonstrated.

Eh? What's "revolutionary" about the Tyros 3? If ever a keyboard was just more of the same, it's that one.

#254729 - 01/27/09 12:14 PM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
If it is THAT fragile, Donny, I wouldn't want to gig one... Would you?

#254730 - 01/27/09 12:43 PM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I'm kinda hesitant about whether the Audya would fit the bill for my needs too. One of the BIG negatives, in my opinion, is the lack of sample RAM expansion for the Sampler. And what sample ram there is apparently can't be used for importing .wav, .aiff, AKAI, or other multi-sample libraries. But with a maximum of only 64MB of RAM as it stands currently the point is really mute anyway.

Another thing is the Styles. So apparently only the "new" audio linked Styles are going to sound good? Why couldn't Ketron tweak (re-formulize) the other "non-audio" styles to sound good too? Yamaha and Korg seem to do very well, thank you, with their "midi-linked" styles on the T3 and Pa2XPRO. Much better apparently (from the videos anyway) than Ketron does with their "old" styles on the Audya in my opinion.

The biggest question of all is what price tag will the Audya have attached to it when it shows up (if it shows up ) at retail outlets? If it shows up with a $5,000.00 MAP then these other shortfalls on the Audya will be magnified many times over in my opinion. In other words, what big improvement over, let's say a Pa2XPRO, would the Audya bring to the table? Or, for that matter, even over a "61" key Tyros3, other than the addition of a few selected audio styles and a few more keys? The Ketron Audya apparently also does NOT have anything better or even comparable to Yamaha's SA/2 voices (or possibly even the Sweet!, Live! or Cool! voices as well) as far as the sounds go; at least that I could tell from the videos anyway. And most likely neither to Korg's RX or DNC voices either?!?!

So possibly $5,000.00 for what again? A few audio styles, 76 keys, and some extra polyphony? You decide.

Now if it shows up at a reasonable, respectable price then the Audya could sell pretty well BECAUSE of the extra polyphony, the extra keys, and the audio styles, etc.

All the best, Mike

#254731 - 01/27/09 12:49 PM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
If it is THAT fragile, Donny, I wouldn't want to gig one... Would you?

Diki I dont think its a fragile unit in fact it looks very quality built...I was able to put my finger under the keys to give it the "FRAN" test & the keys are solid.....but I think its more of a why take a chance with only one UNIT in the country more then anything else. It sounds very live but not much different then the SD1+ I had or SD5 riffs of what I heard....I hope theres more lurking inside to blow us away.

#254732 - 01/27/09 02:37 PM Re: Lots More AUDYA Demos...Check 'em out !!!
leezone Offline

Mike,

i think the ONE BIG thing the AUDYA has over its competition is its LIVE sound

don't know if you've ever played a Ketron X or SD through a good PA, but it sounds..."LIVE", more so than any other arranger, it sounds like a real band.

i own a G-70, and use BOTH at my performances every weekend...
and even though the G-70 has better sounds, i find myself using the Ketron more,
it has a "punchier", live, in your face sound, it has that "natural" sound

playing the same song on Ketron and Roland, i get more people on the dance floor with Ketron,
like i said, it just sounds fuller,

i think this is mainly because of the drums, and styles, and not because of the (right) solo voices,even though Ketron has a few good ones.

i think what the AUDYA will bring to the table is an EVEN MORE "live" sound as it has lots of guitar and bass loops.

i do wish the sounds of the AUDYA were more on par with the Yamahas MOTIF, or Rolands Fantom.
i was hoping for LOTS of new sounds, a bank of cutting-edge modern sounds.
who knows, maybe it's upgradable, or will be at some point

i think the ULTIMATE arranger would be a combination of the AUDYA and the T3, the styles/loops/drums being from AUDYA, and the solo voices from the T3

from what i've heard, Ketron has some new voices, but MOSTLY has lots of the same "old" tweaked to sound a bit better.

thats my $.02

Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 15 16 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online