SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#254489 - 03/16/09 12:25 PM Re: ARRANGER FIESTA - IN. MAR 15th 2009. Open to the public!!
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Nedim...

Do I honestly have to link to every post where you first denied that the audio chords WOULD drop out when you played dim/aug/sus chords (and flamed anyone that disagreed with you)?

Trouble with a forum is you can't rewrite history.

Put your money where your potty mouth is. Put an audio ONLY demo of the Audya (got yours yet?) playing this chord sequence on the guitar part...

C - Am - Csus - C11 - Fdim - F7 - Gaug - C

Let's put this to rest once and for all. You say it sounds unnoticeable (as do some others)... Well, let's HEAR it.

Minute I hear something better than mrdave's examples (you tried to claim he had a beta unit), this issue goes to bed, with an apology from me, to boot...

If it doesn't, don't worry. I have already seen how hollow YOUR apologies are. I don't think I'll need one.

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 03-16-2009).]

#254490 - 03/16/09 01:09 PM Re: ARRANGER FIESTA - IN. MAR 15th 2009. Open to the public!!
leezone Offline

Diki,

i hope the AUDYA clinic comes to your area, and you are able to go check it out

would love to get your review and opinion after testing the AUDYA for yourself

if i goto Portugal this summer i will go check it out at FCMUSICA

something tells me that the AUDYA will not be here before summer :-)

#254491 - 03/16/09 01:55 PM Re: ARRANGER FIESTA - IN. MAR 15th 2009. Open to the public!!
Dnj Offline

Diki please make it a point to go the Florida Audya demo & lets finally put this to rest !

#254492 - 03/16/09 02:12 PM Re: ARRANGER FIESTA - IN. MAR 15th 2009. Open to the public!!
Diki Online   content

I can't really see driving or flying 600-1000 miles or so when all it would take is Nedim (or Ketron, who REALLY ought to be demonstrating this issue) to post a different demo than mrdave if he claims that the release version is any better than what we have already heard.

I am sure that in a full arrangement, the issue is masked somewhat. Never HAVE said any different. But I do a LOT of folk-rock and acoustic music, and, if I'm going to ponk down that kind of cash for something that gets close to my guitarist, I need it to get exposed quite often... To be honest, I don't see how you can do much music from the seventies (or today's alternative scene) without either a real guitarist or at least arranger guitar parts that utterly convince the listener (me! not some drunk customer ). A LOT of what I do is based around LH bass, RH piano (or whatever) and one acoustic guitarist. You can't really mask the guitar when you are that stripped down...

If Nedim wants to convince me, it'll take a lot more than flaming me every chance he gets. It will take me HEARING this feature, pretty much exposed. And just as no-one REALLY wants to take just my opinion on anything on faith ( ) I'm sorry, but positive reviews from others don't replace me hearing it for myself, as exposed as I need...

Anything that is maybe $1500 MORE than a T3 or PA2 has got to have more than just words to convince me of it's value... Certainly not the word of some jumped up newcomer with more vitriol than credibility.

Oh, and one thing is for SURE... if I buy one of these (and I still might), it will NEVER be from him or anyone associated with him

You can't unburn a bridge...

#254493 - 03/16/09 03:57 PM Re: ARRANGER FIESTA - IN. MAR 15th 2009. Open to the public!!
genesis12 Offline

Loc: Park Ridge, Illinois, USA
I'm the other guy that was at Fort Wayne. Unfortunately, My wife and I had time constraints and couldn't stay as long as we would have liked. Coming from the Chicagoland area, it took us over three hours to get there but, it was well worth the drive. I'm an SD1 player and up 'til now, IMHO it has had the best overall sounds around. However, the new Audia is the finest sounding board I've ever heard. My wife completely agrees. The styles have such a presence that you want to look around to see if you can spot the bass player and drummer. I've put this keyboard on my wish list. If all goes well, I'll have it within a year. There's always going to be something newer and better coming out, but I feel it will take a while before anything surpasses this.
THANKS, AJ and all who pitched in to put this together.
Gene

#254494 - 03/16/09 04:58 PM Re: ARRANGER FIESTA - IN. MAR 15th 2009. Open to the public!!
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
I DID NOT hear any actual note drop outs! NONE!
I only heard the additional notes being played with a ROM sound ADDED to the audio base chord sound. So , most of the chord was still audio.

I suggested AJ put up here the exact test we did togeher at FtWayne...He said it was a good idea...hope he does it when he has time.

Lee S.

#254495 - 03/16/09 06:30 PM Re: ARRANGER FIESTA - IN. MAR 15th 2009. Open to the public!!
leeboy Offline

If the observations by those of us on the Audya chord issue that have actually heard it live (in person) don't count..fine no big deal. Audya's are around for you to go test out yourself.

Lee S.

#254496 - 03/16/09 06:49 PM Re: ARRANGER FIESTA - IN. MAR 15th 2009. Open to the public!!
Dnj Offline

I would say that the selling price is a much bigger deterent to purchase the unit versus the chord regcognition. Plus time is ticking away for new models tyo come to market by others also.

#254497 - 03/16/09 07:02 PM Re: ARRANGER FIESTA - IN. MAR 15th 2009. Open to the public!!
leeboy Offline

Donny,
Yep...Bottem line: If anyone is interested in buying an Audya...go to where one is...spend at least a full day with it.
Try everything you care about...if it fits your needs, you love it and have the $$...buy the darn thing and enjoy it.

I guarentee you if you line them all up, spend a lot of time with each one, you will find things you do not like...and many things you do.

The fact is Suday that machine sounded terrific!

Lee S.

#254498 - 03/16/09 11:19 PM Re: ARRANGER FIESTA - IN. MAR 15th 2009. Open to the public!!
Diki Online   content

I'm not sure there's ANYONE on this forum willing to bang down $5k without fully testing it for themselves. I certainly can't pull the trigger based simply on someone else's opinion, especially someone I have not heard their own playing and finickiness about sound detail. As is evident on a forum with such a wide range of ability and tastes, one man's meat is another man's poison.

What works for me may not (in many cases, DOESN'T ) work for you... and vice versa.

For now, I remain skeptical until I hear it for myself. That can either be in a day If some owner would put up the audio guitar loops chord sequence, or a year or more, when one finally makes it to a dealer anywhere near me. To be honest, I don't feel like driving more than a few miles to try one out, given the reluctance of the manufacturer to post the demo. I'm pretty busy right now.

I don't feel it is MY job to track one down and drive a day or so, just to get a simple answer and a simple demo.

If the factory or a dealer wants MY money, they can be straightforward about features, and prompt about demo requests. Or at least get on the manufacturers case and say their potential customers have questions that a demo would answer.

Ketron, I am positive, made a VERY deliberate decision when posting their 'unplugged' demos on their sites to NEVER play any of the missing chords. If the problem was as unnoticeable as some have said, why go to that length?

These guys are not making these things as a favor to us. They want money, and lots and LOTS of it. Why a request to have a feature adequately demonstrated is an issue for slander and flaming from representatives of theirs beats me.

Want my money? Come and get it... Don't expect me to crawl up to your door and BEG you to sell me one!

Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online