SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#254287 - 01/23/09 06:55 AM Inaugural Music a fake?....
Dnj Offline

#254288 - 01/23/09 08:18 AM Re: Inaugural Music a fake?....
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Logic explenation,way to cold for acoustic instuments stay in tune.

Impuls

#254289 - 01/23/09 08:45 AM Re: Inaugural Music a fake?....
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Donny you ever try and play an acoustic instrument outdoors in those temps???? It's awful..., as those cold temps make it hard to keep the instrument in tune.

Some of the other military bands though didn't have any problems because their istruments had synthetic bodies.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#254290 - 01/23/09 09:29 AM Re: Inaugural Music a fake?....
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Isn't much of the music we hear now days, whether it's a musical, half-time show, etc, "pre-recorded" or a computerized track. Kind of like what's heard from our arranger keyboard.

The only difference, the average none-musician listener ASSUMES what they're hearing at the half time show to be live, and what they're hearing from us to be a backing track. Unfortunate, but true.

Glenn

#254291 - 01/23/09 10:19 AM Re: Inaugural Music a fake?....
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Difference is... at the show, there are as many musicians onstage as the audience is hearing. With us, they hear all that music, and see one old guy sitting at a keyboard.

Guess which one is easier to believe?

#254292 - 01/23/09 10:42 AM Re: Inaugural Music a fake?....
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Oh man, let's not go down this road again ...

When I perform, the people BELEIVE that there is only one person playing, they BELIEVE that there are more sounds than one person can make at one time, they BELIEVE that it sounds good, and when I am finished, they KNOW that they had a good time ... to me, THAT'S all that matters ...
t.
PS ... and if anyone has any question as to whether or not I played anything, I give them a solo!

#254293 - 01/23/09 12:10 PM Re: Inaugural Music a fake?....
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Did anyone actually READ the Yahoo post? All the musicians (Perlman, Ma, Montero, McGill) actually played along with the recorded track (so that those close by heard it live). Is there anyone alive who would think that THESE people are faking it because they can't play? Ridiculous, comparing their performance (playing note for note along with the pre-recorded performance) with an aranger performance. Milli Vanilli? What an insult.

chas

#254294 - 01/23/09 12:53 PM Re: Inaugural Music a fake?....
Dnj Offline

Oh Boy here we go again.....
it's "CRAPPER TIME"

#254295 - 01/23/09 01:11 PM Re: Inaugural Music a fake?....
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
They were wise to play along with a recording...no one is going to doubt their degree of talent, and the temperature/humidity would have wreaked havoc with the tuning.

#254297 - 01/23/09 04:35 PM Re: Inaugural Music a fake?....
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I've played an acoustic guitar in freezing cold and blistering heat, and I did it for years--once it has been tuned, and the temperature doesn't dramatically change, it really doesn't make a bit of difference.

BTW: The absolute best musicians I've ever had the pleasure of meeting were members of the U.S. Naval Academy Band and the U.S. Army Band. They were the best of the best. Their skill level was such that it would be difficult for even some of the best concert musicians to comprehend. They do this stuff eight hours a day, every day of the week, and many perform under conditions that no one on this forum would even consider--regardless of the pay. No one, at least no on this forum that I've heard, including myself, is remotely close to being in their league.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online